+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 Spousal Sponsorship- Rejection to Pre Arrival

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I agree with Armoured
The interviews are recorded on the camera, even if they announce "Refusal" in the interview, they do watch the interview again & again before issuing any Refusal because they do not want to loose the case in case the applicants opt to appeal, they can loose their credibility if the appeals are successful repeatedly. And I am sure there are their managers/supervisors too to review these interviews before refusing.
In my case the Visa Officer said to my wife that she will send an "Refusal Letter" in two weeks, it has been three weeks now, we instead of getting a Refusal got Pre-Arrival letter, even for a moment if we think that it was a mistake then why they started doing Back ground check and showing "In Process" on the on GcKey it is showing that the Interview was completed on "June 21st" though the interview was held on June 02nd. Also No decision has been made yet its showing "Your Application is In Progress"
I do not have inside information but it seems obvious to me that files are subject to approval from more senior officers or managers. It might be rare that they overturn what the interviewing officer recommends (either way) but not impossible.

Maybe there was more going on, like officer saying rejection to see the reaction, but no idea about that.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi dear Armourd,
Not sure what your real name is, but I am really very very thankful to you for your honest help by motivation and guidance you are providing to others. I just want to say a big Thanks form the deep down of my heart.... we need people who are positive, honest and kind .... I am the same too, I believe in God and that belief brought the result in my email within 20 days of categorically announcement of "Refusal" by the Visa Officer instead I got the "PPR" just a few minutes ago
With Kindest Regards
Remi
Congrats, it seems that IO employed a tactic of refusing and seeing the reaction.
Even if I was right and you were to be refused, you would be mentally prepared.
Good luck!

Realman007

Jun 19, 2021
I do not have inside information but it seems obvious to me that files are subject to approval from more senior officers or managers. It might be rare that they overturn what the interviewing officer recommends (either way) but not impossible.

Maybe there was more going on, like officer saying rejection to see the reaction, but no idea about that.
I agree with you, I think the same because after asking my wife about the interview, I was satisfied with what my wife has answered and I told my wife, if the IO has a heart that person can never refuse, and also as you said the senior officers can overturn their decisions but rarely and in our case I think IO might be using tactics to bring out the truth....

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Yes Phalos thank you
How about your case?
Thanks
I was not so lucky they didnt employ the refuse and see reaction, this is really a lucky day for you. ive never read of such a case where ircc approves after stating refused to one's face lol 1 in a million luck haha.
You da REAL MAN

Realman007

Jun 19, 2021
I was not so lucky they didnt employ the refuse and see reaction, this is really a lucky day for you. ive never read of such a case where ircc approves after stating refused to one's face lol 1 in a million luck haha.
You da REAL MAN
Yes Phalos, I agree with you, we do feel lucky because IO categorically announced refusal on the face, I even called the translator (who helped my wife, she being little hard in English), translator said "your's is the only case she has seen in her entire life like that, it's a unique" and as you said maybe one in a million.
So if you didn't receive the Refusal yet then since how long you have been waiting??

Realman007

Jun 19, 2021
never read something so cruel in my life, informing someone that their application is rejected is cruel. Just send the letter :oops:
Yes it was really humiliating to my wife ...but as they say "all is well if end is well". After the Interview I told my wife "don't worry at all, I will appeal or go to the court, also I told my wife that it's not the Visa Officer that has real power to grant or reject you visa, it's our destiny, if we are destined to be together soon then no power on this earth can stop you, they can only delay....

Reactions: DiiDii and Phalos

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes Phalos, I agree with you, we do feel lucky because IO categorically announced refusal on the face, I even called the translator (who helped my wife, she being little hard in English), translator said "your's is the only case she has seen in her entire life like that, it's a unique" and as you said maybe one in a million.
So if you didn't receive the Refusal yet then since how long you have been waiting??
While I don't know numbers, I'm sure it is quite uncommon. (Personally I think it odd that the visa officer would say this at all). But it certainly does show that it's not impossible.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You da REAL MAN
You have said you are withdrawing your app. It's your choice of course.

Did you/have you ordered the gcms notes after the interview? Personally I think it's mistake to do so until you see the notes from the interview.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
You have said you are withdrawing your app. It's your choice of course.

Did you/have you ordered the gcms notes after the interview? Personally I think it's mistake to do so until you see the notes from the interview.
Speaking hypothetically, what good is ordering notes after an interview? Theres absolutely nothing that can be done to change their minds after an interview. Now, withdrawing before a final decision is rendered if a refusal is expected, might be advantageous to getting a refusal, if an appeal is not being initiated due to various reasons.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
While I don't know numbers, I'm sure it is quite uncommon. (Personally I think it odd that the visa officer would say this at all). But it certainly does show that it's not impossible.
no offense, but it is extremely common for an interviewing officer to refuse an applicant to their face- I have come across dozens of such cases.
if officer is in a friendly mood, they will not give any indication and will issue a refusal post interview.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Speaking hypothetically, what good is ordering notes after an interview? Theres absolutely nothing that can be done to change their minds after an interview. Now, withdrawing before a final decision is rendered if a refusal is expected, might be advantageous to getting a refusal, if an appeal is not being initiated due to various reasons.
To find out what they actually wrote after the interview. Plus, while you believe you are due to be refused, you do not actually know this. On outside chance (even if small) it would be an outright shame to withdraw prior to an approval or something less negative than refusal. (For example - I believe you referred to spouse's medical condition related to lack of proofs - what if a more senior reviewing officer decides to ask for additional information rather than outright refusal?)