+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2021 - Citizenship applications

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I was in the same boat as you. I sent them a note expecting for a new time frame. but received an email a day before my testing time frame was supposed to end saying that I can go ahead and take the test "during" the original test invitation timing.
I had to rush to take the test.

Based on this experience, I will suggest you sent them a note as per the email note. and take the test.
Hi. One question. ? Did you get the email for citizenship test on the same day your tracker was updated as I have not received any email yet.

Chadev

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Did you ask them if there might be another reschedule?
He was not sure, he advised to keep checking in the tracker. Basically what oath ceremony could be changed due to schedule reasons but the best would be to wait for invitation by email which would be a week before the date it shows.

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
He was not sure, he advised to keep checking in the tracker. Basically what oath ceremony could be changed due to schedule reasons but the best would be to wait for invitation by email which would be a week before the date it shows.
did you get your oath ?

mk617

Jan 10, 2017
Hi, hope y’all are doing well. I’ve been following this forum but posting for the first time. Just curious to know if anyone else here has similar status as mine. I know a lot of people are waiting and it’s random but hoping to hear back your views -

Feb applicant (family - me and my wife)
Paper application
Application filed - March 30 2021
Background status completed - May 31 2021
No update since then.. still waiting

Psych

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
Hi, hope y’all are doing well. I’ve been following this forum but posting for the first time. Just curious to know if anyone else here has similar status as mine. I know a lot of people are waiting and it’s random but hoping to hear back your views -

Feb applicant (family - me and my wife)
Paper application
Application filed - March 30 2021
Background status completed - May 31 2021
No update since then.. still waiting
I applied in Feb 2021 as well as a family of 4.
We had the test invite and passed it on Jan 2022.
A few days later, all processes passed to completed except oath ceremony.

Reactions: Genesis76 and avm

elliek999

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
IRCC.DNNGFCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteNGFRN.IR@cic.gc.ca

Copied and pasted from the email which requested the passport copies and gave me the test window
Hi, I received an email requesting photocopies of all the pages of my passport from the link address you show here. I only received a word document with limited instructions (nothing about file size or subject line and no pdf instructions). I replied to the email directly with attached pdf scanned copies of pages. Hoping that will be ok. I didn't get automated confirmation email. Any advice, how did everyone's application go?