+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Awquin

May 28, 2020
Where is the in-the-moment conversation happening around this?
Everything in the excel file is not working.

atif ali

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Congratulations to all who had their decision made....
Waiting to hear in my case, estimated time elapsed feb 17, 2020 and our medical will expire on March 12, 2021. Medicall for Daughter will expire on November 21, 2022. PLease share your thoughts...Thanks for your time...
MY TIME LINE IS ALSO SIMILAR. MEDICAL IS GOING TO EXPIRE IN LAST WEEK OF MARCH. AFTER 2ND AOR NO UPDATE.

srinipunna

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi guys... I keep hearing people say 'contact your MP'. How do we do that? Can anyone share an email address? My application changed to Application Received on 22nd Feb... 1 year mark completed on the 27th Feb. thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys... I keep hearing people say 'contact your MP'. How do we do that? Can anyone share an email address? My application changed to Application Received on 22nd Feb... 1 year mark completed on the 27th Feb. thank you!
You will need to pick an address (eg postal code) where either sponsor or PA lives or expects to live or has some family connection (eg relatives live there).

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en

This site (parliament site) will let you search by postal code etc. Once you find the MP, there is a contacts page. You want to contact the office, which you could do by email, or calling, or fax, or even by mail. You may have different success by calling the office and getting email of a staff member - but depends on the office.

Note: contact the constituency office, not the office on the Hill (i.e. in Ottawa); constituency office serves constituents.

They will require a form to be signed (privacy reasons) before they can do anything. The first step will almost always be them 'inquiring' about your file - getting information for you.

Do NOT expect them to work miracles, they have no direct influence on IRCC. For files that are in 'normal processing', not much they can do but inquire. For files that are older, they MAY be able to be the 'squeaky wheel' and write the Minister, etc, and that MAY just may help a little bit to encourage the visa officer to pick up the file and deal with it.

It may not do much but it is something you can do that is not expensive.

Elliotm1

Jan 30, 2020
hey! Did you get an AOR yet? We are in the same boat :(
No AoR yet, we contacted our MP, when they reached out to IRCC they got the same response we always get...

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat, over a year and not even sure if our apps will be sent back to us.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No AoR yet, we contacted our MP, when they reached out to IRCC they got the same response we always get...

Sorry to hear you're in the same boat, over a year and not even sure if our apps will be sent back to us.
When were you in contact with MP? Try again. That is too long to not even have got AOR.

Elliotm1

Jan 30, 2020
Keep asking them to do more / write the minister. This is NOT remotely normal processing.

Frankly in your situation I'd re-apply.
I've thought about reapplying but am hesitant to fork over the money to do so.. things are already tight - and though I've submitted outland I am actually inside Canada and would not be able to get a new police certificate from the states without crossing the border, which would likely mean I wouldn't be able to come back in to Canada for some time.

it's a pretty crummy situation to say the least. I wonder if I could resubmit with my old police certificate and cite the pandemic as reason for submitting an old one?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I've thought about reapplying but am hesitant to fork over the money to do so.. things are already tight - and though I've submitted outland I am actually inside Canada and would not be able to get a new police certificate from the states without crossing the border, which would likely mean I wouldn't be able to come back in to Canada for some time.

it's a pretty crummy situation to say the least. I wonder if I could resubmit with my old police certificate and cite the pandemic as reason for submitting an old one?
I believe it is possible (but don't know how) to cancel an existing app and not lose the money.

I don't know about US police certificates. I'd be pretty surprised not possible to get without physically showing up, but no personal knowledge.

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......

Hi, I got my FBI clearance online.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-states.html

You can get fingerprinted at places like this-
https://www.drivercheck.ca/fingerprinting-services

Reactions: armoured

Awquin

May 28, 2020

Same situation, been in Canada for seven months now - thought about reapplying, it is not even worth it. My MP office is five minutes away, I am thinking about dropping in and showing the amount of HST I have paid thus far and asking if they can help me out.

Mistersponsor

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
Hey, most of the feb 2020 applicants have received aor2 or are in their pre arrival stage.
Please follow up with your file. Get your mp involved if needed.
Alot of them have also received their ppr
I have not received AOR 2 yet. File was transferred to LVO more than a month ago. Where did you get info that most Feb applicants have received AOR 2 ?