+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

magee115

Apr 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Feb 10 2020 AOR...file moved to ndvo on 9th march..still no AOR2...not sure what is happening..this is so crazy and depressing..a full year with no updates..Not sure when would ndvo start feb applications
Ya I can feel you. It’s highly frustrating. I expect we should be hearing something from them in coming weeks. Don’t give up. We are all in this together

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Ya I can feel you. It’s highly frustrating. I expect we should be hearing something from them in coming weeks. Don’t give up. We are all in this together
Really hope so they start feb applications soon..i think not even single feb applicants have got AOR2 or any updates from NDVO

Reactions: magee115

shoreline86

Jan 30, 2020
Brighton, United Kingdom
When you say letter of approval, do you mean the passport request?

My understanding is you cannot land and depart immediately but need to quarantine in Canada before returning - I'm only referring to the Canadian side, so it may be further complicated by what UK requirements there are at that time.

We had a similar situation (received COPR and visas with short timeframe remaining before expiry); I wrote about our experience here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-expired-family-class.715135/

Short form, we wrote to the visa office (in embassy) and heard back shortly and they issued us a longer-dated visa/copr, with no new medical. (We submitted webform as well but the response from that was much later and almost useless)

What we submitted was more or less per the instructions here - but from what I've seen this is not being applied very consistently:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

Warning: I was a bit surprised at how well this worked but I have NO idea whether this is a new policy or just our visa office. Therefore I repeat: I have NO idea whether this is how they would treat your case and so it is all at your own risk. It would be preferable to land in Canada and remain if at all possible. (It was simply not feasible in our case for a variety of reasons)

I have also heard that IRCC is more-or-less automatically extending validity of medicals, but I can't say if that is an actual policy or just a rumour - but clearly they are doing so in some instances.

So all I can do is share the experience and you'll have to make your own choice. I think it may depend on the visa office you're dealing with as well.

(If I were to do again I would submit the passports with a letter requesting longer validity period of visa right from the beginning but I have no idea if that would work - when we originally submitted our intent was to depart within the original validity...)
Hi @armoured -

Thank you for your all your help on this,

We did not receive a Passport request, I received a notification that my application was approved and that my COPR is on its way to me via royal mail Post..

Its a little tricky, I dont understand why they would make you do a Medical at the begining of your application as it takes a year to process? leaving you with weeks too move, we are goin to write to IRCC asking for a longer COPR date or Simply ask for a medical thats covered by the IRCC because its a bit of a catch 22 situation.

I dont think its wise to go to the border activate my COPR then return same day, i do not want to face any consequences.

My application was transfered to Ottawa after Nova Scotia.

I am just very worried about paying new fees or having to go through the whole process again.

I have sent various emails to LDN intl but i do not get a response and dont really know who to turn to..
My last option is, when my COPR comes in the mail, is to send it back to VPU with a cover letter and hope they pick this up before march 11th.