+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
application received feb 13th... still nothing. I call and they say we have it but it will be processed in the order it was received, keep being patient, what the heck! half of the march applicants have aor1 already. so stresful!
....and 1 April applicant got AOR1...Order??? This whole court is out of order!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
After reading your message here. I checked my gckey account too. I have received pre arrival letter too in the message box. However there is no change in status.
GCKey account does not seem to update well with useful information about process - apart from receiving mails in the message box, which is very important. None of the 'status' parts of the application have changed since the medical results. This despite the fact that we've already received the passport request and submitted passports, gckey still says 'reviewing your eligibility, background check processing', etc. In fact I just noticed it changed to 'your application is taking longer than usual to process' even though we're just waiting for passports to be returned to us with COPR etc.

Preenamit

Sep 23, 2020
GCKey account does not seem to update well with useful information about process - apart from receiving mails in the message box, which is very important. None of the 'status' parts of the application have changed since the medical results. This despite the fact that we've already received the passport request and submitted passports, gckey still says 'reviewing your eligibility, background check processing', etc. In fact I just noticed it changed to 'your application is taking longer than usual to process' even though we're just waiting for passports to be returned to us with COPR etc.
You're right. What's next now? When should I expect PPR? I mean in how many days you got it after your pre arrival letter?

Preenamit

Sep 23, 2020
The status will change when you receive your COPR as far as I know. It won't change before that.

Reactions: Svd130 and armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You're right. What's next now? When should I expect PPR? I mean in how many days you got it after your pre arrival letter?
We got the PPR about ten days after the pre-arrival. But I wouldn't count on that, it seems to vary a lot by region and country, and previous experience here was that PPR was mre directly linked to decision made. (We didn't see decision made so I can't say in our own case)

varma97

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Unable to link my application to gckey, can someone please help?? I have a representative should i use his account or can i create my own?

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Unable to link my application to gckey, can someone please help?? I have a representative should i use his account or can i create my own?
You can’t link the app and use GCKEY if you have a representative, although they should be able to link to their own account and provide you updates. ECAS is your only means to check the app yourself.

Reactions: brolindevine

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hey guys, just seen my application on ECAS changed to Decision Made. Finally! Does anyone know the next steps?
Congratulations!
Next step is passport request (If PA is from visa required country)
Once you get the request, you may have to send passport to VO. They will stamp visa and send it back along with COPR.

May I ask what is your timeline? And which country PA is from?

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
Hey guys, just seen my application on ECAS changed to Decision Made. Finally! Does anyone know the next steps?
Congratulations!
I think next will be the passport request.
Do u mind sharing which country your PA is from and which VO your application was sent? And timline as well. Thank you in advance.