+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

1melisheikh

Aug 27, 2020
I'm worried because I submitted the application to sponsor my wife in Cambodia last February but they still haven't requested medical. When I look at:

Sponsorship Application Status: In Process
  1. We received your application to sponsor SK on February 25, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on March 10, 2020.
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process
  1. We received SK's application for permanent residence on February 25, 2020.
That's all I can see. Haven't had to give biometrics or medical. Haven't has SA.

Should I be worried? Have most people passed this point?
We’re about a little over a week ahead of you and my husband did his biometrics and medical last month so you should get yours soon

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Hopefully that’s the case although my part (PA) of ECAS has never changed from In Process back to Application received either, last update was medical passed on March 12th. That being said, I’ve heard some people never get AOR2 either so who knows what will happen!
Do you know if your file transferred?

Because my timeline is similar to yours - but I never received any notice of transfer to VO or AOR. completely blind for almost 8 months now and no changes my ECAS either.

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Do you know if your file transferred?

Because my timeline is similar to yours - but I never received any notice of transfer to VO or AOR. completely blind for almost 8 months now and no changes my ECAS either.
Nope, same here! No notification of transfer, no AOR2. ECAS has said in process on the PA side throughout.

Reactions: umssyed

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hi,

Does anyone know what a ghost update represents after AOR2 stage?

P.S: Ghost update is referred to the gckey status 'application/profile updated' that disappears after a while without giving any other info.