+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

DGBRSA

Feb 2, 2020
Not yet , my wife (US citizen)been waiting for it for almost a month now. You have to send photocopies of passport, 2 recent pictures and fill the form u will be sent. You have to send all of these to Ottawa including a pre-paid return envelope .
After it showed “Decision Made” in online tool, how long did she wait for a decision letter/PPR instructions? Did she receive both decision letter and PPR, or just PPR?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I’m a US citizen, Outland application processed at CPC-Mississauga, and I currently live in South Africa.
Mississauga has been slow lately so you may want to have a peek at some of the trackers for others to see if there’s been any movement lately. I’ve seen a few people saying they’ve had silence from there, but on the plus side others have reported some movement so hopefully things are moving again more quickly now. Unfortunately it’s impossible to give any sort of reasonable timeline for Mississauga right now. They were once one of the more predictable offices. Not so now.

I’m assuming they have your address and mailing address for South Africa so once you do receive your PPR request you will receive instructions to send your PPR to the office nearest you for processing.

(For example, my husband’s file was processed in Mississauga and since he was living in New Zealand he received instructions to send his PPR to Auckland, New Zealand.)

manuchackofrancis1990

May 21, 2018
Hey guys,
I saw a weird thing while I was in my GC account. I am the sponsor and my wife is in India. My AOR is 6th March. Few weeks ago my spouse had received the Medicals and Biometric request with a gap of three days. Did her medicals and it got updated as pass the very next day in GC key. But as the biometric centre is closed in Mumbai she was unable to do her biometrics. Also, as usual the GC profile was showing your "actions in required" in status and inside the profile information under biometrics it was written "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details." The same showed when I was doing the routine status check today. But when I just refreshed the page and then under the status it changed to "submitted" and inside the application status under biometrics it shows "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.".
And she has not submitted it yet as still the vfs is closed in Mumbai.
Am I the only one who is seeing this or someone else saw the same this. What might this mean?
Thanks in advance for your responses.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hey guys,
I saw a weird thing while I was in my GC account. I am the sponsor and my wife is in India. My AOR is 6th March. Few weeks ago my spouse had received the Medicals and Biometric request with a gap of three days. Did her medicals and it got updated as pass the very next day in GC key. But as the biometric centre is closed in Mumbai she was unable to do her biometrics. Also, as usual the GC profile was showing your "actions in required" in status and inside the profile information under biometrics it was written "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details." The same showed when I was doing the routine status check today. But when I just refreshed the page and then under the status it changed to "submitted" and inside the application status under biometrics it shows "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.".
Am I the only one who is seeing this or someone else saw the same this. What might this mean?
Has your wife previously done Biometrics in the last 10 years?

Svd130

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Hey guys,
We see the same status change, we received biometrics request on Sep 9th and on Oct 9th got the same status change that you have described.

I believe that this is some automatic update that will show up after a month for people who have not given biometrics.

manuchackofrancis1990

May 21, 2018
We see the same status change, we received biometrics request on Sep 9th and on Oct 9th got the same status change that you have described.

I believe that this is some automatic update that will show up after a month for people who have not given biometrics.
Yeah I thought the same. But then I was wondering why it went to "Sumbitted" from "Your action is required "?

iazuelos

Jan 29, 2020
Hey guys,

Outland application from London, UK

Application submitted Feb 19
Biometrics Instruction letter September 3rd
Sponsor approval letter Sep22, saying case moved from CPC-Sydney to CPC-Ottawa
Quebec undertaking application sent Sep23

**Question: We are now both in Canada - will they call us to do biometrics (as they say on their webpage) or do we need to leave Canada back to the UK to do biometrics? I contacted IRCC and emailed CPC-Ottawa 2 weeks ago and still waiting for an answer...**

Preenamit

Sep 23, 2020
What does "PA's ECAS PRAS says In Process" I don't know all of the abbreviations. Is that this page?

This is what I'm seeing
PA's - Principal Applicant's
ECAS- Electronic Client Application Status
PRAS- Permanent Resident Applicant Status

When you open ECAS(online tool) using sponsor's uci and credentials it shows a table having three columns. In one column principal applicant's name is written, in second column status of sponsor is given(in process/decision made) and in third column status of permanent resident is given which says in process/decision made. PA's ECAS PRAS means third column status is 'in process'. I hope it helps.

Reactions: brolindevine

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Hey guys,

Outland application from London, UK

Application submitted Feb 19
Biometrics Instruction letter September 3rd
Sponsor approval letter Sep22, saying case moved from CPC-Sydney to CPC-Ottawa
Quebec undertaking application sent Sep23

**Question: We are now both in Canada - will they call us to do biometrics (as they say on their webpage) or do we need to leave Canada back to the UK to do biometrics? I contacted IRCC and emailed CPC-Ottawa 2 weeks ago and still waiting for an answer...**

They will call you as long as they received your correct address. :)

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Any update on file moving to LVO for anyone?

I applied on Feb 6th and still no update. I had the SA/Bio/Med done in March. No word since then... :(

Reactions: canadan_