+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Thats for "bi-national couples" from visa exempt countries.. :p:D:p:D Lets face it, we are sh*t out of luck.
To be totally honest, this was a 40 minute video so I just scrubbed through it to find the relevant section so apologies if I missed something but if it’s what he was talking about from around 10:50 onwards he doesn’t seem to mention it’s only visa-exempt countries? Also, I would imagine ‘committed couples’ is likely an inclusive phrase that encompasses both married and unmarried couples.
To the original user who posted about this news, he also doesn’t say an update for this is due in ‘The royal speech’, merely a more vague timeline of ‘sooner rather than later’. Interesting nonetheless, we’ll wait and see what happens I suppose.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
To be totally honest, this was a 40 minute video so I just scrubbed through it to find the relevant section so apologies if I missed something but if it’s what he was talking about from around 10:50 onwards he doesn’t seem to mention it’s only visa-exempt countries? Also, I would imagine ‘committed couples’ is likely an inclusive phrase that encompasses both married and unmarried couples.
To the original user who posted about this news, he also doesn’t say an update for this is due in ‘The royal speech’, merely a more vague timeline of ‘sooner rather than later’. Interesting nonetheless, we’ll wait and see what happens I suppose.
There is a similar comment at about 20.45 but not much more detail. I agree he dies not seem to be limiting it to visa exempt countries. Also not clear to me the distinction about long term committed couples.

Reactions: canadan_

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
In order to get our spouses into Canada, they would need a TRV. He can open Canada's borders to ALL but our spouses would still not be able to come!
Nowhere in the videos is there any mention for VISA EXEMPTION for foreign spouses.
You are mixing up Covid exemptions with Visa exemptions.
Visa exemptions is never gonna happen, our govt will never let 1000's of applicants to continye the sponsorship from Inland.

This MP is talking about lifting Covid restrictions, nothing more
REALITY CHECK PEOPLE

AusC

Aug 24, 2020
AUS/QC
Guys, he is just saying a plan is coming soon for spousal sponsorship couples. He would say "married couples" but some of us are common-law hence "long term committed." He pretty much had no other details to share. It is refreshing to see another MP acknowledge the 6-month delay and lack of timeline, and he genuinely seems concerned.

I really, really hope this announcement "soon" turns out to be an actual, robust and ethical solution and not just another opportunity for stalling and blaming social distancing. The world has figured out how to stay safe AND work, and I'm sorry but this "reason" is in danger of becoming an *excuse.*

Reactions: canadan_

philoj

Nov 29, 2018
Quick one guys: What do you think of submitting an express entry request alongside the spousal application. The express entry applications usually take less time and seem easier to process? I will appreciate your feedback

Mpup87

Jan 7, 2017
I would like to put few points regarding the present situation.
Many of us Who are PR not citizens are just in canada to fulfill condition of to be in Canada to sponsor our spouses while our spouse is in his/ Her home country. Thus we can raise this point at appropriate level to waive this condition so that we can sponsor our spouse while staying with him/her.
Thanks

Reactions: Ksavier

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Somebody from FB group(Canada Spousal Sponsorship) wrote this yesterday (they are Lebanon) :

Hi everyone,

We are outland February 2020 applicants and have recently received a pre-arrival letter, with that being said we have not yet received anything that has to do with SA, but everything else is just about finished. Does this mean SA has went through or..? I’m assuming we wouldn’t have gotten to this stage had I not been approved but then again I haven’t received anything saying that a decision has been made on that. If anyone is in a similar situation let me know.
Application sent: February,13,2020
Medical And Biometrics Request: March 4th,2020
AOR: April 30th, 2020
Medical and Biometrics received: July 6th, 2020
Pre-arrival: August, 28,2020
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toby2020

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Somebody from FB group(Canada Spousal Sponsorship) wrote this yesterday (they are Lebanon) :

Hi everyone,

We are outland February 2020 applicants and have recently received a pre-arrival letter, with that being said we have not yet received anything that has to do with SA, but everything else is just about finished. Does this mean SA has went through or..? I’m assuming we wouldn’t have gotten to this stage had I not been approved but then again I haven’t received anything saying that a decision has been made on that. If anyone is in a similar situation let me know.
Application sent: February,13,2020
Medical And Biometrics Request: March 4th,2020
AOR: April 30th, 2020
Medical and Biometrics received: July 6th, 2020
Pre-arrival: August, 28,2020
Thanks in advance.
Well... I applied on February 20th, Outland, Lebanon too...
AOR1 on March 3rd and nothing else.
I tried everything possible, even talking to the MP, nothing at all...

• Angry
Reactions: Phalos

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Well... I applied on February 20th, Outland, Lebanon too...
AOR1 on March 3rd and nothing else.
I tried everything possible, even talking to the MP, nothing at all...
And now with the situation in Lebanon worsening every day and finally the final blow, the Beirut explosion which left my wife with bed sheets as windows, I'm just sitting here feeling hopeless but hoping for the best...