+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi - I'm new here. Google searches bought me here for help with a few questions when completing my application and I also learned that acknowledgment of application can take some time so I've been patiently waiting. But now I'm starting to get concerned. Just skimmed through this tread and found the above post.

I got notification from my carrier that my application was delivered to the Sydney processing centre at 4PM on February 11. I still have no AOR1 :-(

I'm the PA (Australian), my wife is a Canadian citizen, living in Australia, and is my sponsor - who should receive the AOR1?

I know the advice is to just be patient and wait, but I'm thinking this might be worth a call?
in tracker you can see that you aren`t alone without AOR! it is pointless to write to a web form, you will get a standard answer.

cb2020

Jun 9, 2020
in tracker you can see that you aren`t alone without AOR! it is pointless to write to a web form, you will get a standard answer.
Looking at the tracker I can see that only two before me have not yet received AOR1 - and as the data is user supplied we can't know for sure if they have not yet received their's or if they just have not updated the sheet. Most around my date received them months ago. I understand, and agree with, what you are saying but 4 months is a long time to wait to find that maybe they never actually received my application - getting stressed.

Reactions: KATHIA08

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Looking at the tracker I can see that only two before me have not yet received AOR1 - and as the data is user supplied we can't know for sure if they have not yet received their's or if they just have not updated the sheet. Most around my date received them months ago. I understand, and agree with, what you are saying but 4 months is a long time to wait to find that maybe they never actually received my application - getting stressed.
if you can see tracker 2019 you will surpised coz people without covid! waited 2-3 monthes

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Most of if not all of outland Feb applicants have AORs, and most have SA. I would not say its pointless for one wanting to know the status of their application especially if others in the same group had updates.

Divya.nair

Apr 22, 2020
Hi friends i need help with something ,
my friend is a student and she got married legally in january and started all the paper work to bring her spouse to canada from India but unfortunately they are getting seperated due to some personal reasons and she wanted to withdraw the spouse application but the guy is not willing to withdraw ,what shall we do now.

Bourne24

Nov 12, 2018
Most of if not all of outland Feb applicants have AORs, and most have SA. I would not say its pointless for one wanting to know the status of their application especially if others in the same group had updates.
Correct. I guess they could reply by saying they are currently processing application which were received on or before XX date, which could probably give us an idea as how long will it take to process ours. Like someone posted in this thread the below reponse:-

''Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before February 12, 2020. ''

So, it does help sometimes and not every IRCC agent gives vague response.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
my friend is a student and she got married legally in january and started all the paper work to bring her spouse to canada from India but unfortunately they are getting seperated due to some personal reasons and she wanted to withdraw the spouse application but the guy is not willing to withdraw ,what shall we do now.
If she is the sponsor she does not need the husband's approval to withdraw the application.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Correct. I guess they could reply by saying they are currently processing application which were received on or before XX date, which could probably give us an idea as how long will it take to process ours. Like someone posted in this thread the below reponse:-

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before February 12, 2020. ''

A March applicant (Outland) received a response saying that they confirm they have received the application but they have not yet started processing it. So yeah people do get different responses, and I would think for Feb - outland there would be more

GJ90

Jun 10, 2020
Jan 23rd file received
Feb 6th file linked
Feb 14th biometric requested
Feb 17th biometric completed
Feb 17th medical requested
Feb 20th File transferred to CPC Mississauga
Feb 26th medical passed

No communication after that.

Reactions: KATHIA08

BobbyinON

Star Member
Mar 14, 2020
windsor
Category........
VISIT
A sponsor should withdraw PR application immediately.. She can send detailed email, also a letter with her signature to CIC. It might take some time to get acknowledgement due to Covid-19 pause.

cb2020

Jun 9, 2020

I received a reply to my web form request. It is, as expected I guess, a simple form letter saying "When an application is received by IRCC, it can take several weeks before the processing begins. There will be no record in the system until the processing has begun." and padded out a bit.