+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Arnaud87

May 27, 2020
Bonjour à tous
Svp à quel moment commence la vérification des antécédents dans la cleGc? Et ça prend combien de temps?
Merci

CDNsoldier

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Spousal Sponsorship
Bonjour à tous
Svp à quel moment commence la vérification des antécédents dans la cleGc? Et ça prend combien de temps?
Merci
BGC can start anytime and the time it takes is case by case bases. My wife’s stated 1 week after application AOR.

Note: You will get more responses if you communicate in English like 99% of us here do! We get it, your country is Quebec. There might be a Franco Quebec base immigration forum.

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018
Mine already started when I linked to GCkey...does that mean I got a head start?
Of course. They have employed one resource to exclusively take care of your file. The only problem it seems is that whoever that is, got infected and is in quarantine.

Bourne24

Nov 12, 2018
GUYS. ANY UPDATE ON APPLICATION AFTER MEDICAL AND FILE TRANSFFER TO LONDON VISA OFFICE?
I have seen no updates on the processing of applications in the tracker. But there is some good news as immediate family members of permanent residents and citizens can now enter Canada if they dont have any Covid-19 symptoms. Earlier travel restrictions have now been lifted. It was announced by the PM today. So spouses with TRVs or who are from Visa exempt countries can get to be together with their partners atleast.

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/trudeau-families-can-cross-canada-u-s-border-tomorrow-0614599.html#gs.87czep

Reactions: Usercan777637983

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
I have seen no updates on the processing of applications in the tracker. But there is some good news as immediate family members of permanent residents and citizens can now enter Canada if they dont have any Covid-19 symptoms. Earlier travel restrictions have now been lifted. It was announced by the PM today. So spouses with TRVs or who are from Visa exempt countries can get to be together with their partners atleast.

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/trudeau-families-can-cross-canada-u-s-border-tomorrow-0614599.html#gs.87czep
Anybody planning to apply TRV? Please let me know if anyone applying or already applied after this announcement.

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018
Anybody planning to apply TRV? Please let me know if anyone applying or already applied after this announcement.
I applied once before applying for SSP and got rejected. Planning to apply again now that the file is in the Local Visa Office for over 3 months.

Banana28

Feb 24, 2020
I applied once before applying for SSP and got rejected. Planning to apply again now that the file is in the Local Visa Office for over 3 months.
Hello! I am new here. What do you mean by SSP? My spouse is in the Philippines and our last update is just the AOR in the first week of March. And I am thinking if we could apply for a visit visa for him so that when Canada opens its doors to temporary residents, he could come here if that is possible.

Thank you!

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
HI Leena Bhavnani are you still waiting for the AOR1????? My application received on Mar5th and outland application. Haven't heard anything after. Worried...
March applicants have not received AOR (both inland and outland). The same for April, May

cb2020

Jun 9, 2020
However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before February 12, 2020.
Hi - I'm new here. Google searches bought me here for help with a few questions when completing my application and I also learned that acknowledgment of application can take some time so I've been patiently waiting. But now I'm starting to get concerned. Just skimmed through this tread and found the above post.

I got notification from my carrier that my application was delivered to the Sydney processing centre at 4PM on February 11. I still have no AOR1 :-(

I'm the PA (Australian), my wife is a Canadian citizen, living in Australia, and is my sponsor - who should receive the AOR1?

I know the advice is to just be patient and wait, but I'm thinking this might be worth a call?

blaze123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Hi - I'm new here. Google searches bought me here for help with a few questions when completing my application and I also learned that acknowledgment of application can take some time so I've been patiently waiting. But now I'm starting to get concerned. Just skimmed through this tread and found the above post.

I got notification from my carrier that my application was delivered to the Sydney processing centre at 4PM on February 11. I still have no AOR1 :-(

I'm the PA (Australian), my wife is a Canadian citizen, living in Australia, and is my sponsor - who should receive the AOR1?

I know the advice is to just be patient and wait, but I'm thinking this might be worth a call?
Hi.. AOR is sent to the sponsor in this case your wife.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hmm, we both use gmail - just double checked - nothing. She has not been checking spam - anyone had Google flag the AOR as spam?
sometimes they do go into the spam folder... if its not there send an inquiry via webform

Last edited: