+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Morning everyone
Did anyone from the Feb 06 (delivered application) got any AOR 1 and did not update it in the spreadsheet?
I still did not receive anything yet and I am a bit worried
I received AOR1 with that same date. It seems Feb 6 gets delayed. But dont worry I am sure you will recieve something pretty soon!

Reactions: C&W

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Gah this stage is so stressful. Once I receive AOR we’ll be fine. It’s already been returned once so just waiting so anxiously to make sure it is in their system

Reactions: Khan2001

NehaB Canada

Jan 7, 2020
Gah this stage is so stressful. Once I receive AOR we’ll be fine. It’s already been returned once so just waiting so anxiously to make sure it is in their system
I can understand. My spouse's application was returned once as well last month as his consultant forgot to add payment receipt in the application and we both did not review as we trusted consultant. This time we corrected and reviewed entire application and sent it. It's good now. I received AOR1 in 8 days and Biometric request in 14 days. If your application is complete, soon you will receive you AOR1. IRCC is processing Spousal PR applications much faster now. :)

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
I can understand. My spouse's application was returned once as well last month as his consultant forgot to add payment receipt in the application and we both did not review as we trusted consultant. This time we corrected and reviewed entire application and sent it. It's good now. I received AOR1 in 8 days and Biometric request in 14 days. If your application is complete, soon you will receive you AOR1. IRCC is processing Spousal PR applications much faster now. :)
Thats weird considering hte consultant's job is to ensure they send the complete package... so irresponsible of them - Im glad you have everything working for you now!

How did you recieve biometric request? was it through email? My ECAS shows: We sent *my spouse* a letter on February 24, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
i thought they contact via email...? CIC is down now so I cant even check since I linked it wiht GC Key

NehaB Canada

Jan 7, 2020
Thats weird considering hte consultant's job is to ensure they send the complete package... so irresponsible of them - Im glad you have everything working for you now!

How did you recieve biometric request? was it through email? My ECAS shows: We sent *my spouse* a letter on February 24, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
i thought they contact via email...? CIC is down now so I cant even check since I linked it wiht GC Key
I have linked my application to my cic account. They sent me an email yesterday notifying that I have an update. I received the letter in my account for my spouse's biometric request. They sent letter to your spouse by mail looks like.

srinipunna

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hey guys! I am the sponsor and I sent my application package in the morning and it's expected to be delivered by Thursday this week. Couple of questions here please -
1. Has anyone got the sponsor approved without a job? I have a full time job but that's starting 2nd March. I have attached the offer letter with my package.
2. Is there a WhatsApp or Telegram group for us to connect?
3. Do we link our application only after AOR? If yes, someone share the link and I'll join.
4. My son's photographs had blue background instead of white. Can this be a reason for the application to be returned?

Thanks and here's wishing a speedy PPR to everyone!

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018
I imagine there are lots of stressful points and periods. I found waiting to find out whether the application would be returned the most stressful (so far).

But as others have noted above, if you got the medical and biometrics, and you saw DM for sponsor in the system, there is no reason to stress about this stage.
What's DM for Sponsorship? You get an email?

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
I got Biometrics request to my email and also they put in ecas they sent a mail to my wife....
Oh okay. So looks like my CIC account would have that Biometric request. I guess Ill have to wait till their system is restored.

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Exactly. I'm sorry that happened for you guys too! Best of luck :)

ATIFALI

Aug 26, 2019
I have linked my application to my cic account. They sent me an email yesterday notifying that I have an update. I received the letter in my account for my spouse's biometric request. They sent letter to your spouse by mail looks like.
Hi Neha! how many days gap you got between your AOR1 and biometric request.? and which date you got biometric request. I heard that IRCC internal system is down for some internal issues. and it would take a couple of days more to restore. is that true.?