+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018
Good call.
For example if crisis lasts 6 months, this should be an option to explore....
If so,
What are the chances of such a Visa approval...
At what stage are the best chances? (After SA/med/Bio passed, etc.)
What is the best way to support your dual intent Visa...
Etc.....
I'd say the chances should be good if in the Letter of Explanation you can convince the Visa Officer as to how the COVID Crisis hasn't let you go to see your spouse for a long period of time or as in my case, I had to cancel my travel that was supposed to occur next week. This might move him to act on humanitarian or sympathetic grounds.

The Approvals in normal course are not very high. I think one should at least wait for Medicals and SA before proceeding with such application.

Reactions: Empsam and Danik

kentucky_mule

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
IRCC is replying to web forms. We had submitted one last week informing that their might be a delay in receiving the medical results as everything is shutdown. But this week they replied saying they have received the results. Although there is no update of results being received in GC Key application.

Reactions: Danik

cato2usava

Feb 25, 2020
IRCC is replying to web forms. We had submitted one last week informing that their might be a delay in receiving the medical results as everything is shutdown. But this week they replied saying they have received the results. Although there is no update of results being received in GC Key application.
This happened with me for biometrics. It still says I need them in GC Key, but the biometric number was uploaded. Submitted web form and they said the responsible office received them already.

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
After a 10 or so days delay due to high blood pressure and a slight sound in his heart, my husband has finally passed the medical. He had his heart checked and was put on a medication for the blood pressure a week ago. Went back to the panel in Kingston, Jamaica with his doctor's report and all is well. Checked GCKey just now and that was the message. Haven't received an email yet and still not sure whether they have or have not transferred the file. But that is our good news for today,

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020
Hey guys,
I know these times are really bad. But as I know we are all sailing in the same boat, may be your responses will ease my tension. Application was sent to Nova Scotia and primary applicant is in India. My file was received on 21st of Feb'20 and AOR1 on March 6th. But after that no movement. My friend who had just submitted a week before got the SA,Bio and medicals just a week after the AOR. Since our files were moving with a week gap I was expecting the same progress in a week later too. But the file is still since my AOR1. Sincerely I want to believe that the delay is due to the scenario happening and hopefully not due to any screw up in my file.
Just to know, am I among the majority and would raising a web form be of any help? I really hope & pray a speedy process for all.
Thank you in advance and stay safe :)
My application was delivered on 22nd feb no email no nothing yet I’m so stressed

Elaha

Feb 21, 2020
My file was delivered to Nova Scotia on 22nd feb all those who sent on same dates have got the AOR1 I don’t know why I haven’t get anything yet.
It’s so stressful

Reactions: C&W

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
My file was delivered to Nova Scotia on 22nd feb all those who sent on same dates have got the AOR1 I don’t know why I haven’t get anything yet.
It’s so stressful
Under normal circumstances, it took me just over a month to receive the AOR1. Currently, we are not under normal circumstances. I understand your stress as I was there but with the COVID situation, you must expect even further processing delays.

Reactions: Empsam and Elaha

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It’s so stressful
Each case is different, there are others before you and have not received anything, and it also depends on who is handling your file. You can try checking spam emails. You can also try linking your application

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Under normal circumstances, it took me just over a month to receive the AOR1. Currently, we are not under normal circumstances. I understand your stress as I was there but with the COVID situation, you must expect even further processing delays.
Exactly - anywhere from 1 - 3 months was the standard AOR time before December it seemed like, but then December and Jan and the beginning of Feb were going SO fast that we all got spoiled and people are now concerned about their applications when really we're still way ahead of traditional processing times. We have to be patient, Outland will probably go back to normal processing times if not even slower thanks to COVID-19. We haven't heard anything since AOR on March 6th so just trying to be patient!

Reactions: Empsam

gd892

Mar 6, 2020
This happened with me for biometrics. It still says I need them in GC Key, but the biometric number was uploaded. Submitted web form and they said the responsible office received them already.
can you send me the URL for the webform please

Bour95

Apr 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask you how long the AOR will take until I receive it if my App is delivered today (Outland)?

Hoprooter

Feb 18, 2018
My Application went from Delivered to MVO in a month. And there comes the Corona, no updates for almost a month now. No AOR2

sbandnd

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
The question is, are they still processing at all??? Or are all the officers sitting at home in quarantine...
The problem with them is that they do their work behind closed doors and we can only speculate based on each other's progress from tracker-which since March 13th only tumbleweed rolling around the spreadsheets.
From other spreadsheets it looks like some processing is being done, but I think for us Feb applicants a lot of us were about to get bio and medical requests which obviously aren’t happening so it’s at a standstill until we can do that again? I’m not sure but it does look Inland applicants are still getting AOR and document requests. New applicants from March are not.

Reactions: DiiDii