+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Is CPC Nova Scotia office closed as well??
But as per the latest update in the thread they were able to deliver the package in the CPC - Mississauga. Any news on CPC- Nova Scotia. I assume it is closed as we are not seeing any updates in the tracker after 3/14.

Karthisubburaj

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Everybody, write to minister of immigration and ask to give all our spouses visas on compassionate/humanitarian grounds, before this pandemic gets worse and to prevent a backlog.
The timeline for the compassionate/humanitarian grounds application says it will be 22 to 30 months in the CIC website.

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hello everyone. We submitted our application February 17, 2020 and it was received February 21, 2020. We sent it via XpressPost and used a tracking number to find out when it was delivered. We still have not received any information from IRCC and am beginning to wonder if our application has been lost. Because we have not had any correspondence from IRCC with an application number, we cannot use any form to find get any information about our application. Any suggestions?
I went through the same anxiety so understand how you are feeling. Just so you are eased, Our application was received on February 10 and we didn't hear anything back until March 10. It took 30 days. Since then, it has been moving fairly quickly up to the point of the medical which my husband is doing tomorrow. My understanding that after that is passed, it is likely to slow down again. The Coronavirus situation is not going to help either.

Reactions: D&S

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
I went through the same anxiety so understand how you are feeling. Just so you are eased, Our application was received on February 10 and we didn't hear anything back until March 10. It took 30 days. Since then, it has been moving fairly quickly up to the point of the medical which my husband is doing tomorrow. My understanding that after that is passed, it is likely to slow down again. The Coronavirus situation is not going to help either.
Ahhhhh.....thank you for your reply! Typically my husband takes great amusement in pointing out my lack of patience in most things, however, this process requires all of my patience plus his! o_O

Reactions: C&W

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Ahhhhh.....thank you for your reply! Typically my husband takes great amusement in pointing out my lack of patience in most things, however, this process requires all of my patience plus his! o_O
It really does. Having said that, after thirty days, I would call them. Just be calm, use your softest voice with the agent and just say you are just wanting to make sure your package wasn't lost. I did that twice (LOL) and on about Day #28 they told me that it has been received and awaiting review by an officer. I asked to confirm my email address, etc. Two days later, I got the email.

Last edited:
Reactions: D&S

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Hello everyone. We submitted our application February 17, 2020 and it was received February 21, 2020. We sent it via XpressPost and used a tracking number to find out when it was delivered. We still have not received any information from IRCC and am beginning to wonder if our application has been lost. Because we have not had any correspondence from IRCC with an application number, we cannot use any form to find get any information about our application. Any suggestions?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=906199472

On average it's been about 2-3 weeks for AOR1, Someone in JAN took 60 days

Keep in mind. There have been no updates for anyone since last week due to the fact that we are victim to a worldwide pandemic. As long as you have confirmation your application is not lost they have it. We will just have to wait a bit longer for everything at this point.

Calling CIC at this moment is like flooding the hospitals for a common cold at this point. Everyone is calling. You most likely won't be able to get through. People should only be calling if there is an urgent situation that requires assistance. Better to check ECAS everyday. Its not like they're going to get up out of their desks to go in the mail room and look for the app. Just saying. Patience is key. And this is coming from someone who hasn't even received SA as yet and I sent my App in Jan.

Last edited:

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
I really does. Having said that, after thirty days, I would call them. Just be calm, use your softest voice with the agent and just say you are just wanting to make sure your package wasn't lost. I did that twice (LOL) and on about Day #28 they told me that it has been received and awaiting review by an officer. I asked to confirm my email address, etc. Two days later, I got the email.
I will definitely call them on Monday, with my softest voice and most-apologetic Canadian demeanor. Do you have the number handy...please and thank you ;)

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Wonderful!
What do they ask for in terms of information when I call? Just would like to be prepared before I dial the number.

Thanks again, for all your help!

C&W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Wonderful!
What do they ask for in terms of information when I call? Just would like to be prepared before I dial the number.

Thanks again, for all your help!
Your name as the Sponsor (hopefully you are also the Representative), other details to confirm your identity and the receipt number (for the payment of the applicable fees). You're welcome.

D&S

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Category........
FAM
Well, unfortunately my/our application was returned to us today :( I know it is my own fault as it was returned because we did not have my husband's birth certificate translated before we included it in the application.

Soooo. Now my question is focused on what to do next. When the application was submitted, my husband was in Germany and the application reflected that. Now he is in Canada with me soooo do we have to change the photos of his passport pages and what about the bar codes pages and what about the rest of the application...do we have to I start from scratch and redo all of the online forms??..

I think I will just sit down and cry now.

• Sad
Reactions: Belarusian

Yuba

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
But as per the latest update in the thread they were able to deliver the package in the CPC - Mississauga. Any news on CPC- Nova Scotia. I assume it is closed as we are not seeing any updates in the tracker after 3/14.
i sent my application on 16 March by DHL and it has reached Canada today but has not reach CPC Sydney NS. Hope they are not close. Don't want my package to be not delivered.

Caly

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Well, unfortunately my/our application was returned to us today :( I know it is my own fault as it was returned because we did not have my husband's birth certificate translated before we included it in the application.

Soooo. Now my question is focused on what to do next. When the application was submitted, my husband was in Germany and the application reflected that. Now he is in Canada with me soooo do we have to change the photos of his passport pages and what about the bar codes pages and what about the rest of the application...do we have to I start from scratch and redo all of the online forms??..

I think I will just sit down and cry now.
I'm sorry.

You'll need to update whatever needs updating, and if the forms that had the barcodes are updated, you'll have to generate new bar codes.
So yes, update the passport images etc.