+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Thanks for your help, it is impossible to contact the IRCC no one answers, I feel completely Stuck. Will i have to pay for a new application? Surely IRCC will wave the costs due to the pandemic.
You won't have to apply for a new application. If you need a new medical you will have to pay for that.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
t7777 where is your app being transferred to? ANd how long did it take. Also from what I have heard China is not very fast.

t1777

Star Member
May 28, 2017
t7777 where is your app being transferred to? ANd how long did it take. Also from what I have heard China is not very fast.
Hey, my application is transferred to Beijing, and its been around 10 days that my application is in received status.
I’m thinking about ordering Gcms notes to get some idea

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In a bit of a situation now, So i received my letter for approval however it states i need to enter Canada on or before March 11th 2021, Because of Medical expiry, I have 6months lease left on my flat in the UK and do not plan to land until July, Does anyone know if i can fly to Canada (say next month) activate my COPR and fly back to UK the same day without Quarantine?
When you say letter of approval, do you mean the passport request?

My understanding is you cannot land and depart immediately but need to quarantine in Canada before returning - I'm only referring to the Canadian side, so it may be further complicated by what UK requirements there are at that time.

We had a similar situation (received COPR and visas with short timeframe remaining before expiry); I wrote about our experience here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-expired-family-class.715135/

Short form, we wrote to the visa office (in embassy) and heard back shortly and they issued us a longer-dated visa/copr, with no new medical. (We submitted webform as well but the response from that was much later and almost useless)

What we submitted was more or less per the instructions here - but from what I've seen this is not being applied very consistently:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

Warning: I was a bit surprised at how well this worked but I have NO idea whether this is a new policy or just our visa office. Therefore I repeat: I have NO idea whether this is how they would treat your case and so it is all at your own risk. It would be preferable to land in Canada and remain if at all possible. (It was simply not feasible in our case for a variety of reasons)

I have also heard that IRCC is more-or-less automatically extending validity of medicals, but I can't say if that is an actual policy or just a rumour - but clearly they are doing so in some instances.

So all I can do is share the experience and you'll have to make your own choice. I think it may depend on the visa office you're dealing with as well.

(If I were to do again I would submit the passports with a letter requesting longer validity period of visa right from the beginning but I have no idea if that would work - when we originally submitted our intent was to depart within the original validity...)

magee115

Apr 16, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Any February 2020 applicants have received AOR 2 from NDVO? My file was submitted on Feb 6th 2020, still ecas shows Application received status.

Jass1234

Oct 1, 2017
Any February 2020 applicants have received AOR 2 from NDVO? My file was submitted on Feb 6th 2020, still ecas shows Application received status.
Feb 10 2020 AOR...file moved to ndvo on 9th march..still no AOR2...not sure what is happening..this is so crazy and depressing..a full year with no updates..Not sure when would ndvo start feb applications

Reactions: magee115

t1777

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Where does it say received in ecas? How long did the transfer take. Mine still.shows processing.
when you open your ecas, it shows right there.
It shows the applicants name and in the next box- application status

Last edited:

t1777

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Feb 10 2020 AOR...file moved to ndvo on 9th march..still no AOR2...not sure what is happening..this is so crazy and depressing..a full year with no updates..Not sure when would ndvo start feb applications
Have you received your medical and biometrics request yet?