+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 Spousal sponsorship Outland

gd892

Mar 6, 2020
Everyone who helped me get past the operator on the ircc phone line - thank you very much, I was so frustrated and wouldn’t have figured it out if it wasn’t for all your help!
When I spoke to a representative I was told that applications after Feb12 are not being worked on yet.
I hope this helps anyone who’s on the same boat as me!

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Everyone who helped me get past the operator on the ircc phone line - thank you very much, I was so frustrated and wouldn’t have figured it out if it wasn’t for all your help!
When I spoke to a representative I was told that applications after Feb12 are not being worked on yet.
I hope this helps anyone who’s on the same boat as me!
This has been the canned response for quite some time now and judging by the tracker it doesn’t seem to be accurate, multiple users whose files were received after Feb 12th have reported progress on their files: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/htmlview#gid=906199472

It’s been widely documented on this site that the information provided by these telephone advisors is often outdated or plain incorrect, I’m not sure it’s worth the time and effort to try and talk to them.

Reactions: Ksavier and rrss13

gd892

Mar 6, 2020
This has been the canned response for quite some time now and judging by the tracker it doesn’t seem to be accurate, multiple users whose files were received after Feb 12th have reported progress on their files: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/htmlview#gid=906199472

It’s been widely documented on this site that the information provided by these telephone advisors is often outdated or plain incorrect, I’m not sure it’s worth the time and effort to try and talk to them.
I know, I read it a while ago also that they said feb 12 before and it’s been a couple months since. This whole corona virus issue is making things so frustrating!

febi

Dec 20, 2019
canada
Category........
FAM
Thanks for your reply.. Yeah. I have started working on new application. We hired a consultant in India who mentioned the lawyer in one document. Even though the lawyer is based out in Canada not sure how did they find lawyer's India address ?
Can you tell if they mentioned the reason on call, email or in the returned documents?
and Sorry if I have misunderstood this, but are you saying that the travel details were present and only one form on travel history was missing? Did you include the missing form and resend the same documents?
yes . in the returned documents package , they kept a letter mentioning reason why it was returned. No email will be send regarding any missing stuff in the application , because in this case they have not started processing it and hence no File with Application number is created. The letter I got mentioned missing form number :xxx . the travel history was included as part of another form , but there was a separate form "Supplementary Travel Information" or something. In my case that was missing hence was returned. If you call IRCC, customer service may not be able to tell you the reason because it might not be included in online file. They had asked me to wait for the returned package.

Reactions: Leena Bhavnani

srinipunna

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi Guys... this is great news! They finally decided to speed up spousal sponsorship..
I see Decision Made on ECAS. Does that mean Sponsor Approved? can I expect any updates soon? My wife got her BIL yesterday, although VACs are closed.. Anyone heard anything about VACs reopening in India?

SubnormalFever

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hi Guys... this is great news! They finally decided to speed up spousal sponsorship..
I see Decision Made on ECAS. Does that mean Sponsor Approved? can I expect any updates soon? My wife got her BIL yesterday, although VACs are closed.. Anyone heard anything about VACs reopening in India?
Sorry I don't know about VACs in India but I do know that the Decision Made that you got mean that you have been approved as a sponsor and at some point you should receive a letter of approval! Congrats!

Reactions: srinipunna