Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I would be interested to this know as well. Seeing that they initially said that you had to be in Canada to take the online test but then changed that to be able to take the test outside of Canada. How does the oath differ? Seeing as everything is online and would just speed up the progress.
You cannot do oath outside Canada. They will ask you to cut your PR card at the start of the virtual ceremony. So without your PR card, how will you return back to Canada. They ask at the beginning of the ceremony, when you join the oath ceremony to each of the applicants (in private rooms) if they are in Canada and if you need to travel immediately outside Canada. If you answer yes to any of these questions, they will ask you to exit the ceremony and that they will push it to a future date

rsmathew

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
File Transfer...
L
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Finally finished my virtual oath ceremony today via Zoom. Edmonton Office. 158 applicants from 43 countries.

Application was submitted Jan 2020. CST status still shows Oath invitation scheduled for today. Now will need to wait for the Citizenship Certificate, which they claim will take 3-4 weeks.

guy769

Feb 5, 2020
Finally finished my virtual oath ceremony today via Zoom. Edmonton Office. 158 applicants from 43 countries.

Application was submitted Jan 2020. CST status still shows Oath invitation scheduled for today. Now will need to wait for the Citizenship Certificate, which they claim will take 3-4 weeks.
Congratulations!

PlantSoil

May 15, 2021

Congratulation!

Did you ever contact Edmonton office to enquire about your application status? If so, then can you please share their contact email/phone #? I am in Edmonton and waiting for an update on my application after the Test for last 6 months. Wondering if you can advise anything which might help me to make my application moving in the process. Thank you!

rsmathew

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
File Transfer...
L
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Congratulation!

Did you ever contact Edmonton office to enquire about your application status? If so, then can you please share their contact email/phone #? I am in Edmonton and waiting for an update on my application after the Test for last 6 months. Wondering if you can advise anything which might help me to make my application moving in the process. Thank you!
Please keep checking your Citizenship Status Tracker. 2 weeks ago I checked my status and it showed up indicating I was scheduled for Jan 27 however I did not get any email notification. When I sent an email to the above addresses I got an email in 24 hours that states I would get the link and instructions the next week.

Yea I did email them twice. The email address which I communicated with them was
IRCC.DN-CITIZENSHIP-CEREMONIES-RN-CITOYENNETE-CEREMONIES.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
And
CIC-Edmonton-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca

AC3023

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Please keep checking your Citizenship Status Tracker. 2 weeks ago I checked my status and it showed up indicating I was scheduled for Jan 27 however I did not get any email notification. When I sent an email to the above addresses I got an email in 24 hours that states I would get the link and instructions the next week.

Yea I did email them twice. The email address which I communicated with them was
And
Thanks for sharing. Do you know where can we find the email addresses for other offices?

PlantSoil

May 15, 2021

And
Thank you very much!

Chinna_FSW

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application Package
File Transfer...
10-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
12-03-2015 (SLU : 09-02-2015)
Med's Done....
26-03-2015 (TLU : 09-04-2015)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2015 (DM : 08-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
22-01-2016
Dear All,

Apologies for the late post. Just got some breathing space after crazy couple of months!

I've completed Oath ceremony on Dec 22, 2021, got my Citizenship certificate on Jan 05, 2022 and Passport on Jan 14, 2022.
Got some emergency back home in India so applied for expedited passport service in Scarborough office.
I got the passport in 3 days with Express service ($160 Passport + $50 Express Service Fee).

Finally, my personal application journey with IRCC is done :)
I still need to deal with them for my spouse's Citizenship application & mother's Super visa application this year!!

Below is my timeline.

Citizenship
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1133
App Sent: Feb 05, 2020
App Delivered: Feb 10, 2020
AOR: Aug 6, 2020
In-Progress: Oct 06, 2020
Test invitation date: April 14, 2021
Test Date : April 30, 2021
Test Passed: May 10, 2021
Decision Made: Aug 12, 2021
Oath Ceremony Letter: Dec 14, 2021
Oath Ceremony: Dec 22, 2021
Application Approved and Closed: Dec 22, 2021
Citizenship Certificate: Jan 05, 2022
Passport application submitted: Jan 11, 2022 (Expedited Service in Scarborough Office)
Passport picked up: Jan 14, 2021

Below information may help Indian origin applicants.

Surrender Indian Passport Application submitted: Jan 25, 2022
Surrender Certificate Received:

Entry Visa (India) Application submitted: Jan 25, 2022
Entry Visa Status Under-Process: Jan 27, 2022
Entry Visa Status Approved:
Passport Dispatched From CGI, Toronto:
Passport Received:

OCI Application :
OCI Status Under-Process :
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED:
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHI:
Document Received at TORONTO:
Document Received at Home:

canpr123

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Should I expect some refund from IRCC as they did not meet oath invite timelines?

I am waiting for 9+ months since I passed by citizenship test for an oath invite. Looks like some good news after all if I get some $$ back :D

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/service-fee-act-remissions-policy-2021.html

The above website says:

Right of Citizenship

The Right of Citizenship service standard is a maximum of 4 months. The first invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony must be sent to the applicant within 4 months of the date of their positive grant decision.

The remission will be

• 25% of the fee for less than 4 months past the service standard, and
  • 50% of the fee, if for more than 4 months past the service standard

PlantSoil

May 15, 2021
Should I expect some refund from IRCC as they did not meet oath invite timelines?

I am waiting for 9+ months since I passed by citizenship test for an oath invite. Looks like some good news after all if I get some $$ back :D

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/service-fee-act-remissions-policy-2021.html

The above website says:

Right of Citizenship

The Right of Citizenship service standard is a maximum of 4 months. The first invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony must be sent to the applicant within 4 months of the date of their positive grant decision.

The remission will be

Looks like 4 months time is from the 'decision made' date.

rsmathew

Star Member
Apr 16, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
File Transfer...
L
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

The above website says:

Right of Citizenship

The remission will be

The same link also has the following information which makes the current environment an "exception":

Should it be determined that the service standard in relation to a fee paid is not met primarily due to exceptional circumstances, the fee payer is not eligible for a remission.

Exceptional circumstances are defined as circumstances outside IRCC’s control such as, but not limited to

unforeseen system disruptions and/or failures
natural disasters
emergency situations that cause
a closure of an office
a reduction in the service offerings within the office, or
a surge of applications outside the department’s control that causes a disruption to the normal operation of an office
unforeseen office closures
labour disruption
third-party service and/or service provider service interruptions or delays, where IRCC does not have a contractual agreement with the service provider
major legislative and/or policy changes enacted by foreign governments

vw7439

Sep 23, 2017
Hi there,

Can someone update my status for the tracker.

Jan 13 all my statuses moved to completed except Citizenship ceremony.
Jan 27 scheduled for oath ceremony for March 1