+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

igg

Star Member
Dec 9, 2021
Visa Office......
Mississaga
Hi, can you please add my details to the tracker? I feel like this application is taking forever, almost 2 years since I mailed it off. Crossing my fingers that it's not too much longer.

Location Montreal
Single applicant
Physical Presence Days 1792
App Sent 2020-Feb-10
App Delivered 2020-Feb-14
AOR - 2020-Aug 07
Background Check Complete 2021-Jan-20
Citizenship Test In Progress 2021-Feb-11
Test Invite 2021-Mar-15
Test Complete 2021-Apr-08
Prohibitions Complete 2021-Jul-10
Physical Presence Complete 2021-Jul-10
Language Skills Complete 2021-Jul-10
Added, it seems you have DM and waiting for oath since July.

JBurd3n

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
Hi, Has anyone taken oath from outside Canada?

I would be interested to this know as well. Seeing that they initially said that you had to be in Canada to take the online test but then changed that to be able to take the test outside of Canada. How does the oath differ? Seeing as everything is online and would just speed up the progress.

Kemikal

Jan 25, 2022
I did my citizenship ceremony december 8 2021 and still haven’t received my citizenship certificate , they said it will take 2-4 weeks in the mail it’s almost 2 months and they do not answer there phone or reply to emails , is anyone else experiencing the same problems? I’m so frustrated the entire process took so long I’m not even excited anymore because of how unprofessional cic is …. They made me destroy my PR card during the ceremony now I have no passport to travel and I need to travel urgently

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my citizenship ceremony december 8 2021 and still haven’t received my citizenship certificate , they said it will take 2-4 weeks in the mail it’s almost 2 months and they do not answer there phone or reply to emails , is anyone else experiencing the same problems? I’m so frustrated the entire process took so long I’m not even excited anymore because of how unprofessional cic is …. They made me destroy my PR card during the ceremony now I have no passport to travel and I need to travel urgently
this is really unfortunate. Sorry to hear and I hope you get it resolved asap. try emailing your processing office if you havent already.

PEQ2013

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
It's horrible. I hope your will receive your certificate soon. Did you write to the local office or the email they used to send you oath infos?

If you have a visa waiver passport, I think you can come back without a Canadian passport: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/dual-canadian-citizens-visit-canada.html#findOut

AC3023

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
It seems that waiting for the oath ceremony itself can be painful. How long it usually take? I see 2 weeks earliest and 8 months longest.

GM_SM

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2016
Doc's Request.
08-11-2016
Nomination.....
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
How can we check, what office our application belongs too?

AhmedA2

Oct 13, 2020
I don't know what is going on I wrote my test 29/07/2021, 09/08/2021 updated completed test. So far only test and background were completed. I am a truck driver I requested expedite my application from my office Edmonton no replied, I went my PM office and he contacted IRCC Edmonton office and said expedite my application was rejected recently so we have to wait. I also hear if you ask them too much questions or request they will give you hard time. Any advice or idea how to deal this situation. Anyway I need to go work.

Last edited:

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know what is going on I wrote my test 29/07/2021, 09/08/2021 updated completed test. So far only test and background were completed. I am a truck driver I requested expedite my application from my office Edmonton no replied, I went my PM office they he contacted to Edmonton office and said expedite my application was rejected recently so we have to wait. I also hear if you ask them too much questions or request they will give you hard time. Any advice or idea how to deal this situation. Anyway I need to go work.
try contacting your local MP.