+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Don't want to be bummer for everyone who's waiting, but the CIC is now focusing heavily on Afghan refuges at the moment. Yesterday I called them and even the initial selection responder stated something like "if your call is not urgent, submit your request online, urgent requests are victims of home violence, ...", I did not listen for the rest and proceeded to talk to a representative.
The representative refused to even open my file, and said that they are focusing their work currently on refuges from Afghanistan.
Well, I have everything completed except the oath date, but I feel like I am not going to have it until 2022...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Received Citizenship Certificate today. So I suppose the core journey is complete. Now onto passports and the rest

Citizenship
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1283
App Sent: Feb 12, 2020
App Delivered: Feb 17, 2020
AOR: Oct 8, 2020
In-Progress: Oct 28, 2020
Test invitation date: Apri 27, 2021
Test Date : May 16, 2021
Test Passed: May 18, 2021
Decision Made: Jul 25, 2021
Oath Ceremony: Aug 19, 2021
Application Approved and Closed: Aug 19, 2021
Citizenship Certificate: Aug 30, 2021
I've updated the spreadsheet. Congrats!

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Don't want to be bummer for everyone who's waiting, but the CIC is now focusing heavily on Afghan refuges at the moment. Yesterday I called them and even the initial selection responder stated something like "if your call is not urgent, submit your request online, urgent requests are victims of home violence, ...", I did not listen for the rest and proceeded to talk to a representative.
The representative refused to even open my file, and said that they are focusing their work currently on refuges from Afghanistan.
Well, I have everything completed except the oath date, but I feel like I am not going to have it until 2022...
They have redirected the Customer Service Agents to deal with and answer questions pertaining to the Afghan crisis... it does not mean they stopped processing our applications!

Suaa2016

Jun 29, 2021
Me too Feb applicant, Alberta still waiting. My profile was updated around August 19th but nothing changed all in progress accept Aot and test not started
Me too. Applied in Feb 2020, AOR received- Aug 7th, In process-Nov 17, 2020, Background check completed - Jan 23, 2021. My profile updated on April 23rd, when they moved from Ecas to new application status website.

Still waiting for the test.

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Quick question if anyone has applied for passport. Considering the current situation, how soon are we getting passports by snail mail (not including delivery time to Gatinaue)? I have requested a callback from service Canada to schedule an appointment, but I know that will take time.

mudassirm

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
At least the Scarborough office is. Grateful to them for moving my wife’s date from Nov 9th to Aug 26th in a matter of 10 mins and then processing the certificates within 3 business days. Hats off to the program assistant who did it for us.
Do you have to speak to someone to move the date? can you actually pre-pone the oath date.

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Do you have to speak to someone to move the date? can you actually pre-pone the oath date.
Ask nicely and they’ll allow members from the same family attend together even if they applied separately. Saves them time and processing as well. In fact, our certificates arrived in one package even when we applied separately. In the end, it all boils down to your local office. I just asked the assistant who emailed me to move up my wife’s date and within 10 mins, she did it and that too with just 3 days remaining for the oath date.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Ask nicely and they’ll allow members from the same family attend together even if they applied separately. Saves them time and processing as well. In fact, our certificates arrived in one package even when we applied separately. In the end, it all boils down to your local office. I just asked the assistant who emailed me to move up my wife’s date and within 10 mins, she did it and that too with just 3 days remaining for the oath date.
That's it? There was no compelling reason to move the oath earlier? Were you scheduled on the earlier date, and your wife on the later? Maybe that's why they agreed to move it for your wife?

mudassirm

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Who did you speak to, IRCC support line? how do you get the contact of assistant?