+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
I wrote my test on March 7th just 3 days after getting the test invite. It was only until yesterday that my status changed from in progress (Language e.t.c..) completed.
I decided to change again today and it now says my oath is on the 8th of June. I didnt get any email on this just check and found it. Finally the journey will be completed :)
wow almost 3 months! i guess i should just sit back and relax, i thought i'd hear from them anytime now but don't think so anymore

1nth3m00d4f00d

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Has anyone heard from the Calgary office processing application? I submitted fingerprints December 2020, since then I've heard nothing. It say however that my background was completed but everything else is still in progress. Do you think its worth asking whats up using the web form or no point? Wondering if this is going to take more years of my life waiting.

Onyebuchi

Aug 3, 2020
Has anyone heard from the Calgary office processing application? I submitted fingerprints December 2020, since then I've heard nothing. It say however that my background was completed but everything else is still in progress. Do you think its worth asking whats up using the web form or no point? Wondering if this is going to take more years of my life waiting.
Me too I'm from Edmonton, I applied Feb 2020, until now only background check is completed. I wonder why Edmonton is really slow.

Onyebuchi

Aug 3, 2020
Hi, I submitted my application in Feb 2020 (Alberta) and status changed to 'In Progress' in Oct 2020. Since then, it hasn't changed. Wondering if there is a way to see which office is processing my application. Can any body please tell? Thank you!
Same here, I submitted in Feb 2020, only background check is completed, up till now evert other is still in progress. I wonder why only Edmonton is this slow.

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
I just passed the test, do you guys know how long do we wait to see the exam score becomes official and the exam step as completed in status? Thank you
Mine updated the next day as completed, but after that it's been crickets lol

jimmyz

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
My driver license picture is a little blurry I don’t know if that’s an issue? I tried but that’s as much as my camera can do! Anyone knows if there has been cases like this treated as not a pass?!

BF*

Aug 7, 2020
Me too I'm from Edmonton, I applied Feb 2020, until now only background check is completed. I wonder why Edmonton is really slow.
I am in BC and my situation is exactly the same. Apparently the background check was done in January 2021. Since then, nothing!

mia1588

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
AOR Received.
17-05-2019
Med's Request
09-10-2019
Med's Done....
16-10-2019
Just did the test and passed. Please kindly update the spreadsheet. Thank you!

Reactions: harirajmohan

hxy610

Mar 10, 2017
Hello I have a question as I have not received the test invite yet. But I received an email about follow the progress yesterday and the Background verification became completed this morning. Does anyone know what it means if Background verification is completed but citizenship test is not started.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello I have a question as I have not received the test invite yet.
1. But I received an email about follow the progress yesterday and the Background verification became completed this morning.
2. Does anyone know what it means if Background verification is completed but citizenship test is not started.
1. What email you received? Is it on background verification completion?
2. Background verification is separate for verifying your criminality etc which is not related inviting for test hence Citizenship Test section is not yet started. Once officer decides to send the test invite then it will show inprogress.

hxy610

Mar 10, 2017
1. What email you received? Is it on background verification completion?
2. Background verification is separate for verifying your criminality etc which is not related inviting for test hence Citizenship Test section is not yet started. Once officer decides to send the test invite then it will show inprogress.
1. It is a generic email to invite me to use the new system I think. I have not followed my application for a while and I did not realize they have a new system.

The time a bit funny as it showed completed right after I got the email.