+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
Do we think we will be citizens this year?
I hope so,

I have an opportunity to do more some trainings in October in another country and I need a citizenship to be able to qualify.
I really hope that May 2020 applicants will have the citizenship by then

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
I am Nov-19 applicant and still waiting for test. And few of my friends applied in Sept-19 and Oct-19, and they are also waiting for test. We will be happy if we get test before summer as Jun/Jul/Aug-19 applicants are getting test invites now, albeit sparingly.

My spouse application is in Feb-20 and we are hoping that the he will get invite by Fall/Winter-21.

Any thing before that would be a dramatic change in IRCC speed, and it would be a delight surprise :)
Yikess.. All right then, summer it is. I suppose I may get vaccinated first before I give the test lol

houman-h

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st:26-10-2010 2nd:10-04-2011
File Transfer...
3rd April 2012 IP: 12-06-2011
I noticed a friend has been invited to the online test as below timeline:
Application Received: Jan 3rd, 2020
AOR: March 12, 2020
Test Invitation: Jan 20, 2021

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Awesome! Congrats to him. And he didn't request for "urgent processing", did he?

If you could please provide his details in the following format, I can add him to the tracker.

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:

JBurd3n

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020

Wow. It still really is quite sporadic how they are processing everything, as I've heard people back as far as August 2019 still are waiting

Reactions: houman-h

houman-h

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st:26-10-2010 2nd:10-04-2011
File Transfer...
3rd April 2012 IP: 12-06-2011
Awesome! Congrats to him. And he didn't request for "urgent processing", did he?

If you could please provide his details in the following format, I can add him to the tracker.

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
He says it’s not an urgent application.
App Delivered: Jan 3, 2020

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
He says it’s not an urgent application.
App Delivered: Jan 3, 2020
Thanks for the update about the application being not urgent. I got this information (Date received, AOR and test) from your previous post. I would like to add this to the tracker so I was expecting the information in the following format :

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants) ?
Physical Presence Days: ?
App Sent: ?
App Delivered: 3 Jan
AOR: Mar 12
In-Progress: ?
Test Invite : Jan 20

Anyway, thanks for the update.

phoebengn

May 23, 2016
Hello all,
Is anyone in similar situation as mine?
IRCC started to process my application in Feb 2020, so far I haven't heard of anything yet.
The thing is I'm still out of the country (I applied when inside Canada) with my husband and kids who are Canadian citizens.
We're currently in a place with no active Covid case, so it is much safer for the kids. We don't want to be back yet since air travelling poses a high risk for the family, especially for the baby who can't wear mask all the time.
How long can I stay outside of Canada if Covid situation is not getting better there? (My PR card will be expired earlier next year).
Do I have to come back to Canada for the online test if I receive the invitation this year?

Thank you,

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Hello all,
IRCC started to process my application in Feb 2020, so far I haven't heard of anything yet.
The thing is I'm still out of the country (I applied when inside Canada) with my husband and kids who are Canadian citizens.
We're currently in a place with no active Covid case, so it is much safer for the kids. We don't want to be back yet since air travelling poses a high risk for the family, especially for the baby who can't wear mask all the time.
How long can I stay outside of Canada if Covid situation is not getting better there? (My PR card will be expired earlier next year).
Do I have to come back to Canada for the online test if I receive the invitation this year?

Thank you,
As long as you meet residency conditions (730 days stay inside canada in the last 5 years) to be a permanent resident of Canada, you should be okay. If your PR card expires, you can apply for PRTD from the local Canadian embassy of your current country. Ie- Its essentially a single entry visa to let you board the flight and enter Canada and then reapply for PR card renewal.

For online test and oath, its a mandatory requirement that you need to be inside Canada.

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Hello all,

Thank you,

As long as you meet residency conditions (730 days stay inside canada in the last 5 years) to be a permanent resident of Canada, you should be okay. If your PR card expires, you can apply for PRTD from the local Canadian embassy of your current country. Ie- Its essentially a single entry visa to let you board the flight and enter Canada and then reapply for PR card renewal.

For online test and oath, its a mandatory requirement that you need to be inside Canada.
Also, PRTD is a one-time entry to Canada document, it has a limited validity, and it's as much hustle to obtain as a regular visa to Canada, sometimes even needing to have an interview in the process. Also, it costs money and you will still need to apply for a PR card renewal anyway. The bottom line is that it's easier to travel to Canada before your PR expires as it is IMPOSSIBLE to renew it outside of Canada.
Combining this with the mandatory requirement of being physically in Canada even for the ONLINE test, it makes sense to travel to Canada for you as soon as possible. Nobody knows what restrictions you might face in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if ALL travel is banned, even for PRs/Canadian Citizens in the future (improbable, but not impossible if the government runs out of ICU beds).

JBurd3n

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
Hello all,

Thank you,

I'm in a bit of a similar situation. I'm currently not in Canada but applied for my citizenship when I was. Unlike you, I'm in a country with a very high COVID case rate and is still very uncertain of when things will start to relax and reopen.

I can't relate to the situation of having family members with me for it as I applied just for myself and my PR card doesn't expire until Jan 2023 but I do get the frustration of even though everything is being done online we still have to be in Canada. Is what it is I guess but say if you're in a country where travel is banned to go into Canada, I'm not sure what the process would be there. More waiting I guess!

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request