VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
05-06-2017

Ran1232

Oct 7, 2020
From British Columbia here
App received on Feb 10th
Not sure if this is AOR, but received an email from CIC (i.e., cic.gc.ca) which has application number with a pdf attached. But when I checked ecas online - nothing shows there

This is what is there in pdf:
This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.
All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application
must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes
you, you will need to:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights
and responsibilities of citizenship.
The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It
is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass.
• The study guide is available on the IRCC website at:
On the same page, you will find more
information on how to prepare for the test.
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, a print version of the study guide is
enclosed.
When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you
correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear
from us.

Last edited:

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
From British Columbia here
App received on Feb 10th
Not sure if this is AOR, but received an email from CIC (i.e., cic.gc.ca) which has application number with a pdf attached. But when I checked ecas online - nothing shows there

This is what is there in pdf:
This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your
application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required.
All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application
must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes
you, you will need to:
• Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French.
• Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights
and responsibilities of citizenship.
The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It
is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass.
• The study guide is available on the IRCC website at:
On the same page, you will find more
information on how to prepare for the test.
• If you are receiving this letter by regular mail, a print version of the study guide is
enclosed.
When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you
correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear
from us.
this is your AOR. ECAS access takes 1-2 days after AOR.

• Love
Reactions: Ran1232

guy769

Feb 5, 2020
So finally my application is "in process" as of October 5. Status changed today. Please update.

rohitkadam

Feb 13, 2017
Hello All,
How much time does it take for citizenship after receipt of AOR?
Also how much is the current processing time from the time of submitting application to citizenship?