+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Delivered Feb 10th no AOR still. Submitted webform 2days ago. Same response as phone call. Reply I received they still stating applications received in Jan 2020 are in progress. This is very frustrating. How is it possible even June applications receiving AOR's when they still working on Jan applications. Making us fools and increasing our frustration levels.

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Delivered Feb 10th no AOR still. Submitted webform 2days ago. Same response as phone call. Reply I received they still stating applications received in Jan 2020 are in progress. This is very frustrating. How is it possible even June applications receiving AOR's when they still working on Jan applications. Making us fools and increasing our frustration levels.
How long did it take to get a reply for the web form?

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
It took only one day to receive their reply
Submitted sep 30th reply came on oct 1st. Below is the message I received
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before January 14, 2020.

houman-h

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st:26-10-2010 2nd:10-04-2011
File Transfer...
3rd April 2012 IP: 12-06-2011
Those of Feb applicants have not received AOR, in my experience it is not specific issue for your applications. IRCC has their instructions and timelines for processing, they are issuing AOR for all applications after that they will start processing applications by line and month to month. If you notice first Feb applicant received the AOR in July 28th but no In Process for Feb applications ( only 2 of them).

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Dont delay any further, resend the whole package
You mean redoing the physical presence calculator, retaking the photos, etc. as the previous ones are over 7 months old? That'd be wasting more money than we already spent, wouldn't it? As it is, about 40% of February/March/April applicants don't have AOR (based on the sample here in this forum's tracker). That'd be thousands of applicants each month. If all of them resent their applications, wouldn't there be a mighty confusion on IRCC's part which may delay things even further?

occamslaser

Aug 20, 2020
Long-time lurker, figured I'd post to try and reasure those waiting for AORs from February that there are more of us out here :)

Application type: Single
Physical presence: 1135
Application sent: February 12
Application delivered: February 14

Like many, I've changed address since sending. I contacted them via the web form at the end of June to notify them of the address change, but got a generic response saying 'Since the application has not been entered in our system yet, we invite you to resubmit this information once the processing of the application starts.'
AOR (finally) received today (October 5, 4:45pm ET).