+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Wrote a web form to ask the status, I mailed app on Feb 24, received on Feb 27. Got the response as “However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing applications received before January 14, 2020.”
“However, rest assured that this situation is normal"

I think this should be the new motto of CIC!

reyban

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
App received on 20th February no AOR yet
Called CIC today and spoke to officer ,and explained him situation about my adress change in mean time and that am afraid that I'll lose my app in case it's not complete and need to be returned ,and how am concerned that people who are are getting AOR submited apps after me.
He asked me where I got that information from and i told him that am member of group and that people are confirming AOR in late January and February,he advised me that I shouldn't believe forums and that they are still processing apps before January 14 th .
I didnt want to go into deeper conversation as I became frustrated with his answer ...

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Called CIC today and spoke to officer ,and explained him situation about my adress change in mean time and that am afraid that I'll lose mybsports in case it's not complete ,and how am concerned that people are getting AOR who submited apps after me.
He asked me where I got that information from and i told him that am member of group and that people are confirming AOR in late January and February,he advised me that I shouldn't believe forums and that they are still processing apps before January 14 th .
I didnt want to go into deeper conversation as I became frustrated with his answer ....
You should have asked him/her about your temporary file number starting with XC as he/she could have seen it in there system when the file is being entered into system. Atleast that would indicate that your file is in getting in system and its just matter of time when you are going to get AOR

Reactions: reyban

reyban

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
You should have asked him/her about your temporary file number starting with XC as he/she could have seen it in there system when the file is being entered into system. Atleast that would indicate that your file is in getting in system and its just matter of time when you are going to get AOR
I didnt know I have that number first time hear about that
Tha is am hoping you will get it soon

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called CIC today and spoke to officer ,and explained him situation about my adress change in mean time and that am afraid that I'll lose my app in case it's not complete and need to be returned ,and how am concerned that people who are are getting AOR submited apps after me.
I didnt want to go into deeper conversation as I became frustrated with his answer ...
Yes quoting any forum not a good idea.
can tell few friends received it.
It's just an opinion.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Yes quoting any forum not a good idea.
can tell few friends received it.
It's just an opinion.
Correct. Good idea. Still @reyban can call tomorrow anyway and tell that his friend received it tomorrow and ask them why he/she did not get.
They are useless guys, telling the same thing without getting any latest update. Seems either they were telling deliberately or they could not get realtime/latest status from all workers who are working from remote.
Looks like i should also start calling as i am also losing patience.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Correct. Good idea. Still @reyban can call tomorrow anyway and tell that his friend received it tomorrow and ask them why he/she did not get.

They are useless guys, telling the same thing without getting any latest update. Seems either they were telling deliberately or they could not get realtime/latest status from all workers who are working from remote.
Looks like i should also start calling as i am also losing patience.
May be phone agents don't have any visibility on the apps currently being processed and still using the information provided to them... I assume the IRCC contact center is not in sydney NS.

aakif2013

Jul 20, 2013
Bro did you tell them they should complete the Jan apllication before process your one. Due to this forum we have at least some visibility. But we should wait for some time before calling them since only 30% of Feb apllicants got aor.

JC0724

Nov 26, 2015
Bro did you tell them they should complete the Jan apllication before process your one. Due to this forum we have at least some visibility. But we should wait for some time before calling them since only 30% of Feb apllicants got aor.
Actually, I ever sent the web form back in May, got the same answer "still processing apps before January 14 th." Seems they had no progress in past 3 months.

ravi12

Jan 4, 2013
They already have a process in place, They just need to start Zoom interviews

The hearing will last 30 to 90 minutes. At the hearing, the citizenship officer will ask you questions orally to see if you meet the conditions of citizenship, including knowledge of Canada. After your hearing, we will send you a letter with the results.

If you passed the interview, the letter will tell you the date of your citizenship ceremony.

Reactions: harirajmohan

muslim_web

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
16 Feb 2015
Med's Request
1 April 2015
Med's Done....
18 April 2015
Interview........
4th line: 20 May 2015
Just received the AOR email minutes ago (weird time) :D
File received Feb 27th

unknownsomeone1

Jun 2, 2019
My application was delivered on 27th Feb, and i have not received AOR, my friend and myself have sent the applicationon the same day but delivered 2 days apart, mine was delivered 2 days before and my friend's was delivered after (Feb 29th), today he got AOR. Do anyone think there is some thing wrong with my application, application not received may be??? How can i check it??

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Just received the AOR email minutes ago (weird time) :D
File received Feb 27th
What was the exact time? If it's being processed in Atlantic Time (Assuming this is happening at CPC Sydney, Nova Scotia), it could be either a manual release by the CPC employees or a batch release by their system for work that was completed yesterday.

muslim_web

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Nomination.....
16 Feb 2015
Med's Request
1 April 2015
Med's Done....
18 April 2015
Interview........
4th line: 20 May 2015
My application was delivered on 27th Feb, and i have not received AOR, my friend and myself have sent the applicationon the same day but delivered 2 days apart, mine was delivered 2 days before and my friend's was delivered after (Feb 29th), today he got AOR. Do anyone think there is some thing wrong with my application, application not received may be??? How can i check it??
I don’t know a lot about how officers check the application, but let me tell you something that may feel better. A friend had his file returned 10 a week ago for a silly mistake, look at his dates :
File received: Mar 9th
File checked: July 30th (stamped on the returned file).
If your application wasn’t returned so far, most probably it’s on the way. ;)