+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

AC3023

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello, Did you get any responses yet? I was wondering if I need to go to my MP office and speak to MPs associate rather than sending an email.
Need to travel and PR card is expiring soon.
Yes, they did an inquiry on my behalf. I didn't hear from them for the inquiry results but my status changed to ceremony in progress 8 business days after I sent emails to MP. I can go talk to him/her for sure and sending emails won't heart. In your situation, you definitely should ask for expedite your application using web form and also go talk or send emails to your local MP.

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Thank you.

But where I have to go to connect to the meeting. Because when we do meetings on Team or zoom, we usually have meeting ID to go in that particular meeting. But here I have only one line saying click here to join meeting, which I am not able to select right now. Also It’s a pdf file that Cic has sent as an attachment, I don’t know how it will get active on the day of interview if it’s not working right now.

The

Open the
Anyone from Feb 22 oath get their certificate?
I received mine 2 weeks after my oath ceremony on February 17th. Went to the passport office yesterday for my appointment and I have to collect my passport on the 29th of this month.

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Thank you.
But where I have to go to connect to the meeting. Because when we do meetings on Team or zoom, we usually have meeting ID to go in that particular meeting. But here I have only one line saying click here to join meeting, which I am not able to select right now. Also It’s a pdf file that Cic has sent as an attachment, I don’t know how it will get active on the day of interview if it’s not working right now.
The link works. JUst download the pdf and open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader. The link will be blue. If now open up Zoom and add the meeting ID and password in the appropriate place and you will be able to join the meeting. Don;t forget to change your name to your seat number.

bajeinwaiting

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-26-2012
File Transfer...
02-09-2012
Med's Done....
07-27-2011
Interview........
None required
Passport Req..
VISA exempt not required
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
19-07-2012
Will collect my passport on March 29th. I hope that everyone in this process get some good news.

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Have been waiting for a long time for the completion of the journey and doesn't look it is going anywhere.....my patience has run out... and my stress levels have also hampered my mental health...... hence... moving on.... no longer waiting for it...... take care and all the best guys...
i applied in 1 feb 2020 my friend, i am still waiting my test invite :(

AhmedA2

Oct 13, 2020
7 complete months no update and they updated March 15 because background check expired and requested a new one. Anyone same experience no DM only test completed and Background turned to in progress

Reactions: Dreamlad

JBurd3n

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
A few months ago I asked if anyone had been able to take the virtual oath outside of Canada. Someone replied to me in quite a passive-aggressive tone, stating that you couldn't and you had to be in Canada to take it.

I enquired to the immigration office about it regardless and a month later, I got a response saying that they will allow me to take it outside of Canada and I've just had the ceremony on March 14th. My point is that whoever is in a similar situation, you may as well ask to see what they say. They must just want to really clear the backlog of applicants now, rather than waiting for people to needlessly get a flight back to Canada to sit on Zoom.

I'll also say to the person who initially replied to me and was really adamant that you had to be in Canada to take the virtual oath, you're incorrect, so please don't spread misinformation about something that is clearly still ever-changing. I know you were trying to help but don't suggest things that you do not know yourself is complete fact, as it's misleading and could actually have more of an impact than you think.

dps86

Jan 19, 2016
The link works. JUst download the pdf and open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader. The link will be blue. If now open up Zoom and add the meeting ID and password in the appropriate place and you will be able to join the meeting. Don;t forget to change your name to your seat number.
Thanks for the reply.

But in my pdf attachment, It's says Microsoft Teams invitation & they have not mention any meeting ID & password for the meeting. That my concern is. First I am not able to Click that Link & secondly no ID & password to connect in the meeting. I don't know what to do. I have interview this Tuesday morning but no solution till today. Very worried. don't want to miss this interview. It's already been more than 2 yrs since I sent my application.

aspiringcanadian292

Feb 26, 2022
7 complete months no update and they updated March 15 because background check expired and requested a new one. Anyone same experience no DM only test completed and Background turned to in progress
Hi Ahmed, I'm in the same boat as you. Everything was complete and I had Decision Made from August and then on March 15 I had a ghost update but they didn't request anything until now. When you say requested a new background check do you mean a criminality check from RCMP in Canada or from outside Canada?

AhmedA2

Oct 13, 2020
Hi Ahmed, I'm in the same boat as you. Everything was complete and I had Decision Made from August and then on March 15 I had a ghost update but they didn't request anything until now. When you say requested a new background check do you mean a criminality check from RCMP in Canada or from outside Canada?
Mine still progress no DECISION MAD, requested from RCMP in Canada.
Let's wait and see.

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
June 2020 and no test invite either my friend.. did you live in the Middle East by any chance? Did you get an update late January ?
Yes, i am originally from middle east, i visited a couple of time during my stay in Canada

blue_sapphire

Jun 20, 2020
Everything marked as completed as for Mar 4, 2022, anyone knows how long would it take to receive the invitation of ceremony after this?