Nov 18, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pics req 10 Feb, submitted on 16 Feb 2015....Schedule A & PCC request on 29 July2015
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
2nd line updated on 29 July 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016 , RPRF and passport copies
Med's Done....
28 January 2016 and medical received line updated on 12 Feb 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10 February 2016 submitted on 16 Feb
VISA ISSUED...
11 March 2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2017
Hi Everyone,
Admin, can you please add my info to the excel file?

ID: world_seller18
App Type: Family (3)
Physical Presence: 1108
App Sent: 5 Feb 2020
App Delivered: 10 Feb 2020
App Returned: 5 Mar 2020
Resubmission: 13 Mar 2020
Hi, can you please let us know reason for the return?

Reactions: nicolass

helenehyli

Jan 19, 2015
Hi Admin,

Could you please update the spreadsheet with my information?

App Mailed :Feb 24, 2020
App Received :Feb 26, 2020
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1106 days

Thank you so much!

blue_sapphire

Jun 20, 2020
Hey Admin, please add me! Thank you!

App Mailed :Feb 4, 2020
App Received :Feb 10, 2020
Type of application: Single
Physical Presence Days: can't remember the exact number but definitely more than 30 days over the required number of days

world_seller18

Jul 26, 2016
I am so sorry for replying so late.. I just checked the forum now

The reason for returning was because I have attached a very old IELTS report (2008) for my wife instead of the one she did before immigration. So I think they considered it as a missing document in the file

As for checking the file, it seems they check the documents before proceeding with the acknowledgment. My form and my daughters were stapled with all the related documents and stamped as "Complete" (I think that was the word), and my wife's form was stapled with a letter on the top mentioning which document is missing (IELTS).

Let me know if anyone has any further questions

Asfano74

Feb 19, 2020
Thanks for updating us .
Am now more confused about time frame than before !
So they started revising your documentation Package within time frame of 2 months but actually some other members of February( whom sent their applications before yours didn’t yet receive AOR or even their package didn’t return)!

The reason for returning was because I have attached a very old IELTS report (2008) for my wife instead of the one she did before immigration. So I think they considered it as a missing document in the file

As for checking the file, it seems they check the documents before proceeding with the acknowledgment. My form and my daughters were stapled with all the related documents and stamped as "Complete" (I think that was the word), and my wife's form was stapled with a letter on the top mentioning which document is missing (IELTS).

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thanks for updating us .
So they started revising your documentation Package within time frame of 2 months but actually some other members of February( whom sent their applications before yours didn’t yet receive AOR or even their package didn’t return)!
It looks like they verify few weeks before the actual AOR but till we get AOR we cant be sure that they accept our application. Will see if the officers return back to work this month at least. Looks like they are arranging oath calls but not processing existing applications. Will see.

Reactions: Asfano74

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017

I thought we can apply with IELTS reports even if they are older than two years, as long as they are valid reports they are accepted. did you have to do another IELTS test ?

Reactions: MM3

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
I thought we can apply with IELTS reports even if they are older than two years, as long as they are valid reports they are accepted. did you have to do another IELTS test ?
Yes, that was my understanding too. That's what the website said.

Asfano74

Feb 19, 2020
I assume because this is not the same one they had on immigration file. He mentioned that “she submitted IELTS of 2008 INSTEAD the one she did before immigration” . So maybe this was the reason.

hxy610

Mar 10, 2017
Hello, my application was delivered on Feb 26 and got the AOR on Feb 28. Actually I requested for urgent processing. I was curious if my request has been accepted since they issued the AOR in 2 days.

Engmemo2020

May 4, 2020
Hello, my application was delivered on Feb 26 and got the AOR on Feb 28. Actually I requested for urgent processing. I was curious if my request has been accepted since they issued the AOR in 2 days.
Hi what did you write or add as a doc to get urgent processing .. As I am looking for urgent processing as well ... Thanks

world_seller18

Jul 26, 2016
Thanks for updating us .
Oh no.. I also did not get the AOR yet.. that's what's making it more confusing on how do they deal (the process) with applications.. when and what do they check on and in which stage do they acknowledge. I wish they would share with us a clear and detailed step by step guide on stages the application go through.

world_seller18

Jul 26, 2016
They do accept expired IELTS only if you had applied for your immigration with it. So in my case, I have applied to immigration in 2014, so they do accept IELTS which was done between (2012-2014) but I have mistakenly submitted the 2008 one and that's why they did not accept it.

Reactions: eatpraylove

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
They do accept expired IELTS only if you had applied for your immigration with it. So in my case, I have applied to immigration in 2014, so they do accept IELTS which was done between (2012-2014) but I have mistakenly submitted the 2008 one and that's why they did not accept it.
But its not the clause they mentioned in the instructions that we should attach the one that was sent during PR. Many dont even have copy of it and sent a different one for multiple people.
I had kept different one and now i think i sent a different one - not even sure. But i doubt that that was the case for you as i think that the officer did not deal with this situation and sent it back. They go by what they usually see in the past applications during the last 1-2 years. Very rarely people will have the copy of 2008 exams. 99% would have done the exams in the last 5+ years. So officer was confused as per my take on it.

Another possibility is that the marks mentioned for pre-2008 was different. Was it the case?

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
But its not the clause they mentioned in the instructions that we should attach the one that was sent during PR.
Actually the instructions do mention it.
The guide says:

Results from a third-party language test

NOTE: If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired.

1. Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General Test (CELPIP-G) or the CELPIP-General LS (listening and speaking).
    • If you took the test after April 1, 2014, you must have a score of level 4 or higher in listening and speaking.
    • If you took the test before April 1, 2014, you must have a score of 2H or higher (i.e., 3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5L, or 5H) in listening and speaking.
  2. International English Language Testing System (IELTS), General Training. You must have a score of:
    • 4.0 or higher in speaking and
    • 4.5 or higher in listening. (Note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher)
  3. Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF), Test d’Évaluation du Français adapté au Québec (TEFAQ) or TEF pour la naturalisation.
    • If you took the test afterJuly 1, 2012:
      • Niveau B1 or higher, (i.e. B2, C1 or C2) in Compréhension de l’oral and Expression orale
    • If you took the test beforeJuly 1, 2012:
      • Niveau 3 or higher in Compréhension de l’oral and Expression orale.
    • If you took the Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF) before July 1, 2012, you need a level 3 for expression orale only. This applies only to the TEF and not the TEFAQ or TEF pour la naturalisation.
  4. We will accept the following proof if you have submitted them in the past for immigration purposes to Quebec (note: these tests align with the échelle québécoiseand not officially with CLB/NCLC 4):
    • Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) – All test results
    • Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF) – Level B1 or higher
    • Test de connaissance du français(TCF) – Niveau B1 or higher
    • Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) – Niveau B1 or higher
In other words they accept expired results as long as you have used them for immigration purposes (such as Permanent Residency) in the past. If people don't have copies of their results from the tests they took a long time ago, there is always the option of taking a new test or submitting another proof like a diploma.
They go by what they usually see in the past applications during the last 1-2 years.
Not sure what you mean by this, but they have clear operational instructions and guidelines. You can read more about them here.

Reactions: world_seller18