+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

JBurd3n

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
Read this =>
It's a bit frustrating as I had this situation with the citizenship test. I had it scheduled in May and I asked if there was any way I could take it in the UK but I was told I had to be in Canada. Asked to reschedule and it got moved to August which I then saw they had changed a rule, saying you were suddenly able to take the citizenship test outside of Canada if you were in a different country. I went back to Canada to take it in the end, only to find out I didn't need to actually fly back. I was really hoping they would do the same thing with the oath, as it was a pretty frustrating experience with the test. Just glad I passed it first time 20/20! haha

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
After becoming canadian citizen after ten years if you want to have your indian citizenship back is that possible? Any ideas

seoho756

May 17, 2014
hey guys! I just checked the tracker for the first time in a while. I am apparently scheduled for an oath next tuesday. It's kinda weird that I have not heard anything from IRCC lol

Reactions: Ryn_20

jimmyz

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
Looks like I’m fast approaching to two years anniversary of waiting. Anybody pops the champagne with me? They should just allow us to apply for citizenship right after PR if the waiting itself satisfies two years of residency requirement.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Any info on how long it will take from the time of oath to get OCI. Approximate time frame. Is there any separate link for oci please provide me.

canpr123

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Looks like I’m fast approaching to two years anniversary of waiting. Anybody pops the champagne with me? They should just allow us to apply for citizenship right after PR if the waiting itself satisfies two years of residency requirement.
I am in for champagne anytime. Post elections, the prime minister said "You are sending us back to work". So fingers crossed for faster processing :)

jimmyz

Star Member
Apr 2, 2017
I am in for champagne anytime. Post elections, the prime minister said "You are sending us back to work". So fingers crossed for faster processing :)
Hey bud, I can't believe he actually said that. I was like oooookay so you were on vaca for the last 18 months? Or right, yes you have been. Yuck.

• Haha
Reactions: canpr123