+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Qman

Aug 17, 2017
"We sent you a notice on September 3, 2021 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 24, 2021 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

I still haven't received the official oath invitation even though ECAS has me scheduled. Do I need to contact IRCC or wait until end of the week?

Paripriyank1

Star Member
May 16, 2015
"We sent you a notice on September 3, 2021 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 24, 2021 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

I still haven't received the official oath invitation even though ECAS has me scheduled. Do I need to contact IRCC or wait until end of the week?
which office??

raghav30389

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC

Don't worry. I had the same status on ECAS a week before. I just received my email from IRCC with instructions. They usually send the email just about 10 days before your Oath date..

dhanda

Jun 26, 2015
Don't worry. I had the same status on ECAS a week before. I just received my email from IRCC with instructions. They usually send the email just about 10 days before your Oath date..
Does the Oath invite/update come on ECAS or Citizenship Tracker or both ? I am a bit confused about where to keep refreshing :p

1nth3m00d4f00d

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hello,
I am a November 2020 Citizenship applicant. I also have plans to get a German work visa after getting Citizenship. Are you working in IT ? and Are you planning to apply for German Jobs from Canada
No, I'm an English teacher but I'm trying to get a working holiday visa which would allow me to work anything for a year. I will probably start inquiring once I have an oath date sorted. But my GF lives there so she will scope out some as well for me.

Reactions: pras_tcs

Volumex

Nov 25, 2016
Please update the spreadsheet to include our test invite date of 9 September.
We are so thankful that our application has moved - it has been a lesson in patience!

robertofreire

May 14, 2015
My timeline:

Vancouver Office

App sent: Feb, 22, 2020
App delivered: Feb, 26, 2020
AOR: Aug, 20, 2020
Fingerprint requested: Mar, 05, 2021
Fingerprint received: Mar, 08, 2021
Background completed: Apr, 12, 2021
Citizenship test invite: Jul, 16, 2021
Citizenship test completed: Jul, 21, 2021
Passport picture request: Sep, 02, 2021
Passport picture delivered: Sep, 02, 2021
Language and physical presence completed: Sep, 07, 2021
Prohibition completed: Sep, 09, 202

waiting on citizenship ceremony now

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello!

I was on the spreadsheet, but checked today and can't find myself anywhere. Could you add me back?

App Sent: February 18, 2020
App Delivered: February 21, 2020
AOR: August 12, 2020
In Progress: I'm not sure when it changed to in progress
Fingerprints Requested: August 25, 2021
Fingerprints Taken: September 08, 2021
Location: Submitted application in Ottawa. Moved to Halifax June 2020 and notified IRCC.
App Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1219

A couple of questions to see if anyone else has experienced similar:

1. IRCC told me to return my fingerprints to their Vancouver office... The RCMP officer taking my fingerprints found this unusual and told me to follow up with them in a couple of weeks. I have never lived in Vancouver, so is there a reason why my file would be there?
  2. My PR card expires in December 2021 - Will I need to renew this? (I'm not planning on leaving Canada anytime soon)
Cheers,

Jack
1. This is actually common practice these days. There are several applicants who never lived in Vancouver but received their FP requests from Vancouver office.

2. You don't need to if you aren't traveling outside the country.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

You might receive it sometime next week. If you don't receive it by 17th September, contact IRCC.