+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

AC3023

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hi guys, the CIC status tracker got updated. Now you can register and login in you account. There are more details than before. The details includes 6 steps of the process - language skills, physical presence, background verification, prohibitions, citizenship test and citizenship ceremony. You will know which one you already completed and which ones are in process.

AC3023

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
I applied Feb 20 at Ottawa, got AOR Oct 8, now I only completed background verification. Language skills, physical presence and background verification are in process. Citizenship test and citizenship ceremony are not started.

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
oh this is really cool, i just checked mine and it shows the citizenship test part as completed.I guess that means i passed/all good on that category?
So from the timeline in your tracker, can you see/share how long it took them to 'validate' your test results? Wondering cuz I took my test yesterday and really anxious to see if there were any technology hiccups that others are reporting...

Reactions: nicolass

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
So from the timeline in your tracker, can you see/share how long it took them to 'validate' your test results? Wondering cuz I took my test yesterday and really anxious to see if there were any technology hiccups that others are reporting...
It’s weird because I took my test on April 26th, and it says status completed on the 27th. So they were able to verify in 1 day?
Looking at other peoples time lines, it takes about 30-45 days from test to oath. I remain hopeful lol

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Hi guys, the CIC status tracker got updated. Now you can register and login in you account. There are more details than before. The details includes 6 steps of the process - language skills, physical presence, background verification, prohibitions, citizenship test and citizenship ceremony. You will know which one you already completed and which ones are in process.
!!! THIS IS IMPORTANT !!!
You need to create a new account here - https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
It's so exciting to have more information about my application now :)

elwaver

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
It’s weird because I took my test on April 26th, and it says status completed on the 27th. So they were able to verify in 1 day?
Looking at other peoples time lines, it takes about 30-45 days from test to oath. I remain hopeful lol
That's what I thought. But I guess it's not unreasonable that some officers validate the results faster than others. I'll stay hopeful for a quick turnaround for my test. All the best to you with next steps!! May we all be done with this soon!

Reactions: frusty05

houman-h

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st:26-10-2010 2nd:10-04-2011
File Transfer...
3rd April 2012 IP: 12-06-2011
I think this status is a common one for those applications waiting for the test.

Details of your application status
Find out what your status means

Language skills
In progress

Physical presence
In progress

Citizenship test
Not started

Background verification
Completed

Prohibitions
In progress

Citizenship ceremony
Not started
Citizenship ceremonyNot started

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I wonder if anyone can share the timeline between background check completed and test - on mine it says background check compiled but everything else is in progress -