01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
02-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-11-2016
Hi Everyone,
So after I received the fp request two days ago, I booked an appointment with an agency to get it done, but are they supposed to directly send it to CIC or RCMP? On the online form that the fp agency provided, it asks me to input the address where the fp certificate is to be sent. In this case, should I input CIC address, RCMP or my home address? Could someone advise?
My FP request letter had the exact address that I should send the FP certificate, on the third page.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
My FP request letter had the exact address that I should send the FP certificate, on the third page.
Yes. I thought I would do the same, but under #3. in that pdf it says below:

3. What happens next:
The agency sends the fingerprint form directly to the RCMP and advises the appropriate citizenship
office that the fingerprints have been forwarded.
Once your fingerprints are received by the RCMP, the results are sent to the citizenship office and
processing of your application continues.

 Once your file has been finalized, no copy of your fingerprints is retained by either the RCMP or
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

It sounds like the agency has to send it to RCMP, and RCMP sends it to CIC?

So confused.

Usher9387

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Finally it's getting close for us. My wife took the online test after a week. I took an extra week and its worth the extra effort.
I beat her by one point.... ;)(19/20)
My finger printing was completed last week. None needed for my wife. Now it is the waiting game...

Good luck everyone!

Please update my status:
Test invite: 4th of March, 2021
Test completed date: 16th of March, 2021
(Normal application process)
You FP request came after test or before ?

Reactions: Ryn_20

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Finally it's getting close for us. My wife took the online test after a week. I took an extra week and its worth the extra effort.
I beat her by one point.... ;)(19/20)
My finger printing was completed last week. None needed for my wife. Now it is the waiting game...

Good luck everyone!

Please update my status:
Test invite: 4th of March, 2021
Test completed date: 16th of March, 2021
(Normal application process)
So you received test invite after 1 week of FP submission?

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Hello all, when our citizenship application is in process how can we request urgent processing?
Anyone in this group current passport is expiry but not renewing and waiting of Canadian passport?

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Hello all, when our citizenship application is in process how can we request urgent processing?
Anyone in this group current passport is expiry but not renewing and waiting of Canadian passport?
Expiration of your passport is not an acceptable reason for urgent processing for CIC.
If your passport is about to expire, you need to apply for a new one as not having a valid passport is not a good idea, you never know when you might need it.

Reactions: jimmyz

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Expiration of your passport is not an acceptable reason for urgent processing for CIC.
If your passport is about to expire, you need to apply for a new one as not having a valid passport is not a good idea, you never know when you might need it.
Thank you. But urgent processing is not due to passport expiry. Its because my mom is undergoing surgery in back home. I dnt want to in hurry to come back if I receive test invite while I am not here.
Can we request urgent processing while my application is in process with normal processing?

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Thank you. But urgent processing is not due to passport expiry. Its because my mom is undergoing surgery in back home. I dnt want to in hurry to come back if I receive test invite while I am not here.
Can we request urgent processing while my application is in process with normal processing?
Worth a shot... However, would be tough to convince CIC on the grounds that taking-up test invite because you are outside because of family illness is an emergency. As per the instructions online, if you are in the case of 'serious illness in your family', you also might need to add that you cant get a passport of current nationality to travel to your home country.

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

Good luck.

GusCunha

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
02-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-11-2016
Yes. I thought I would do the same, but under #3. in that pdf it says below:

3. What happens next:
The agency sends the fingerprint form directly to the RCMP and advises the appropriate citizenship
office that the fingerprints have been forwarded.
Once your fingerprints are received by the RCMP, the results are sent to the citizenship office and
processing of your application continues.

 Once your file has been finalized, no copy of your fingerprints is retained by either the RCMP or
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

It sounds like the agency has to send it to RCMP, and RCMP sends it to CIC?

So confused.
You are right, it is confusing. Maybe the agency will send to the RCMP anyway, but we need to let them know the appropriate citizenship office's address (the one on the third page), so that the RCMP sends it to the right place?

Can anyone advise on that matter?

Annie0124

Feb 19, 2021
Hi

I passed the online test a couple of weeks ago.
I'm waiting for DM.
I have a question for passport.
My passport will expire soon. Should I renew my passport? I'll not leave Canada this year.
ple give me some advise. thanks.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Worth a shot... However, would be tough to convince CIC on the grounds that taking-up test invite because you are outside because of family illness is an emergency. As per the instructions online, if you are in the case of 'serious illness in your family', you also might need to add that you cant get a passport of current nationality to travel to your home country.

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship

Good luck.
Second part of not getting current nationality passport is tough one to prove. Any ideas?

mafshinfar

Star Member
Jul 11, 2015
Do you guys know what is the next step after Finger Print?
I did that part and any experience about next step?
How long does it take for agency (Or RCMP) to send the result to IRCC (Vancouver Office)?