Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
i received fingerprints email today but unfortunately, I am in quarantine for next 12 days.
Do you see any additional line in ecas?

JBurd3n

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
I checked the December 2020 thread and it looks like people are getting invites. Man, I should have just waited for the online application process instead of applying on paper. IRCC is so annoying.

Just doesn't seem that fair really when there's still people who applied in 2019 who are waiting. Surely they are just testing this new system with a few lucky applicants as there's a huge backlog still waiting prior to December 2020

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Just doesn't seem that fair really when there's still people who applied in 2019 who are waiting. Surely they are just testing this new system with a few lucky applicants as there's a huge backlog still waiting prior to December 2020
I don't even know what they are testing. After getting our AORs, things go digital anyway. Just test it out with 2019 candidates who are still waiting.

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

JBurd3n

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
so on the name of pandemic CIC gets to sit home and get paid while all other private companies are working fine?
how is that fair and acceptable?

Wasn't saying that. Was saying more that I'm fully aware of how long things take with CIC and every process that comes with it. I've gone through the whole IEC work permit and PR process, so I know their system is very slow. So, with that on top of a global pandemic, of course, it's going to take even longer

PAVANI

Oct 11, 2016
I just checked my application status today see the "DECISION MADE". I checked my mailbox but haven't received any mail. How can I figure out when this status change is made. Did anybody get any test invite and how are they informed about it? By that I mean did they receive any mail or email for the test invite and how long did it take to get the test to invite after the status change?
When I look at the status description here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_gra&lang=en&app=ecas

It says one gets an invitation for a citizenship test when the application is 'in process' state and once we complete the test then the application is marked as 'Decision Made'. But I didn't take any test nor received an invitation for the test. Does it mean they will be calling me directly for the oath ceremony or my application might have been rejected?

DECISION
MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)
Applicant Notified
You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.
If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship.
If you do not meet the requirements, you will be informed in writing.

Last edited:

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I just checked my application status today see the "DECISION MADE". I checked my mailbox but haven't received any mail. How can I figure out when this status change is made. Did anybody get any test invite and how are they informed about it? By that I mean did they receive any mail or email for the test invite and how long did it take to get the test to invite after the status change?

DECISION
MADE

Applicant Notified
You will be notified by mail about the decision on your citizenship application.
If you meet the requirements, you will be invited to a citizenship ceremony where you will take the oath of citizenship and receive a certificate of Canadian citizenship.
What is your timeline ?

PAVANI

Oct 11, 2016
What is your timeline ?
Citizenship Application:
Application Sent (Vancouver, BC): 0Feb 04, 2020
Application Received (Sydney, NS): Feb 11, 2020
Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): Aug 10, 2020
File Transferred & In-Process: Oct 21, 2020
Citizenship Test (Online):
Decision Made:
Oath Ceremony:
Citizenship Certificate Received:

PAVANI

Oct 11, 2016
Congrats! May I ask, are you an urgent or regular applicant?
Today I got a Citizenship online test.

Application sent: February 1, 2020
Application received: February 6, 2020
AOR: August 5, 2020
In Process: October 19, 2020
Invitation letter: Feb 19, 2021
online test: Feb 25, 2021

online test was quite an easy and simple process.
just a little bit annoying to take a picture ID card and self-photo.

Good luck with the next step for all of us.
Congratulations! I would like to know how did you receive the invitation letter and test invite?by mail or email?What is the status of the application when you got the invitation test ?Is it "Inprocess or DecisionMade"?

Last edited:

sparkling123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017

DECISION
MADE

Applicant Notified
Are you saying you have a "Decision Made" status without getting a test request? :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: PAVANI

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
When I look at the status description here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_gra&lang=en&app=ecas

It says one gets an invitation for a citizenship test when the application is 'in process' state and once we complete the test then the application is marked as 'Decision Made'. But I didn't take any test nor received an invitation for the test. Does it mean they will be calling me directly for the oath ceremony or my application might have been rejected?

DECISION
MADE

Applicant Notified
I can be possible if you are under 18 (minor) or over 54 years old.

Reactions: PAVANI