+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
My status moved from AOR to In process on Nov 21st. Does that mean all documents were okay? can I still get my application back? i am concerned with the language requirement for my wife. i think I have provided sufficient proof but still not sure if office is going to like it.
What document did you send that you are concerned about? Is it an IELTS General test that is expired but was used for the immigration purposes?

Jan 3, 2014
What document did you send that you are concerned about? Is it an IELTS General test that is expired but was used for the immigration purposes?
I think ANIS325 has same situation as mine where I have shown proof that I have been in country for almost 4 years and worked in an environment where only english language was used for communication and I have all my education done in India until my masters degree in english medium. Hence requesting IELTS exemption.
I would like to know the answer to his concern as well.

Reactions: anis325

EricCartman

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Canada
Please update my status
App Received: Feb 27, 2020
AoR: Oct 19, 2020
In Process : Dec 1, 2020
Type of application: Single

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
I think ANIS325 has same situation as mine where I have shown proof that I have been in country for almost 4 years and worked in an environment where only english language was used for communication and I have all my education done in India until my masters degree in english medium. Hence requesting IELTS exemption.
I would like to know the answer to his concern as well.
Work environment has no bearing on this, but your diplomas can make you exempt in case they clearly state that education was done in English.

longwait123

Sep 12, 2012
Hi All,
Please update my timeline.
Application received: Feb 27, 2020
AOR: AUG 20, 2020
IP: NOV 25, 2020

anis325

Aug 31, 2011
My wife is currently doing CPA along with her work, but it is a study at home learning model. i provided the transcript and the couple short courses she took at a college to carryover credits to CPA. We didn't provide any IELTS proof thinking, this should be enough of a language proof.

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
My wife is currently doing CPA along with her work, but it is a study at home learning model. i provided the transcript and the couple short courses she took at a college to carryover credits to CPA. We didn't provide any IELTS proof thinking, this should be enough of a language proof.
Why do you think that it should be enough of a language proof? Where did you read that sending such information is sufficient?
I think they will send your application back, to be honest. All the reasons not to provide IELTS/CELPIP are here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof.html, and your case is not stated there. Only a diploma/degree of a program taken in English (the diploma/degree must explicitly state it) can be used, but not enrolment in a program.
If I were you, I would immediately book a CELPIP test for your wife, pass it ASAP, and submit via Web Form, so when they finally open your package, there is a chance that they won't send it back, already having your wife's test results electronically.

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Mine's not. But, then again I was probably among the last of February applicants to get the AOR in mid October.
I feel you, brother. It was excruciating to wait for an AOR, thinking that they may have sent it back and I cannot even know it as I moved to another place already. Just hold on!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Why do you think that it should be enough of a language proof? Where did you read that sending such information is sufficient?
I think they will send your application back, to be honest. All the reasons not to provide IELTS/CELPIP are here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof.html, and your case is not stated there. Only a diploma/degree of a program taken in English (the diploma/degree must explicitly state it) can be used, but not enrolment in a program.
If I were you, I would immediately book a CELPIP test for your wife, pass it ASAP, and submit via Web Form, so when they finally open your package, there is a chance that they won't send it back, already having your wife's test results electronically.
You cant submit webform when there is no AOR yet as the online team cant search for the file if its not yet loaded into the system. if the file is incomplete then they dont load into the system. So no use.
if the file will gets returned then he can attach the proof and resend immediately.