+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>FEBRUARY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

May 5, 2020
Feb 7th AOR, Medicals passed - 18th Feb, Biometrics done - 28th Feb. CPC - Ottawa. Requesting to be added to the Feb AOR group.

Hope we all get the PPR soon

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
A question here:

My biometrics - even if extended by 90 days, it still cannot match the day when USCIS shall open.

USCIS says it will open on June 4. While my original start-date of biometrics collection is March 4. An automatic extension of 90 days makes June 2 - still not catching up. Not to mention that I may not be able to make a reservation on June 4 or around - people may flood in and I may only be able to reserve 1-2 weeks after that date. What is making things worse - my passport is expiring so I submitted to the consulate of my home country to get a new one. But everything is slowed down by COVID-19 and they can only issue the new one (and return the old one to me) early June - before June 10th.

I send a Webform to IRCC asking if they can grant me another month. I really, really wish this to be done ASAP, but there is no way I can make it, even without the concern of passport.

If anyone a facing a similar situation, please let me know. I believe all the Feb AOR in the United States will face this issue, as long as USCIS is not opening until early June.
Hi, I am in the same situation. I raised a web form and here is the answer:

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If the responsible office requested that you provide additional documents, complete a medical examination or give your biometrics, rest assured that they will not refuse your application if you cannot complete the next step due to the novel coronavirus.

Additional documents and medical examination

You will automatically have 90 days to complete these steps. Once you are able, please complete the step as soon as possible to avoid delays.

Biometrics

Even though your biometrics instructions letter (BIL) indicates that you must complete this step in 30 days, rest assured that you will automatically have 90 days to provide your biometrics if you are affected by the service disruptions. If applicable, you will have to make a new appointment when biometrics collection start again. You will not need a new BIL for a future appointment.

Hope it helps.

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Raised cse and got this response:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid
AOR 6th february
MEP 18th feb
Biometrics 26th feb

Workaholic2020

Mar 12, 2020
Hi, I am in the same situation. I raised a web form and here is the answer:

The Government of Canada is closely monitoring the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any impacts on IRCC clients.

If the responsible office requested that you provide additional documents, complete a medical examination or give your biometrics, rest assured that they will not refuse your application if you cannot complete the next step due to the novel coronavirus.

You will automatically have 90 days to complete these steps. Once you are able, please complete the step as soon as possible to avoid delays.

Biometrics

Even though your biometrics instructions letter (BIL) indicates that you must complete this step in 30 days, rest assured that you will automatically have 90 days to provide your biometrics if you are affected by the service disruptions. If applicable, you will have to make a new appointment when biometrics collection start again. You will not need a new BIL for a future appointment.

Hope it helps.
Thank you! I don't think this reply is answering the question. Our question is (if your situation is the same as mine): what about the 90-days also passed and we still cannot make the appointment? Can we get MORE extension?

I think IRCC does not even start to think about this situation yet, since the earliest batch is not expiring right now. But we will soon. I believe they will give us the extension, but it would be better to receive a clear "yes" from them...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kheri

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Thank you! I don't think this reply is answering the question. Our question is (if your situation is the same as mine): what about the 90-days also passed and we still cannot make the appointment? Can we get MORE extension?

I think IRCC does not even start to think about this situation yet, since the earliest batch is not expiring right now. But we will soon. I believe they will give us the extension, but it would be better to receive a clear "yes" from them...
You are right, they are not directly answering to your (and my) question, as they clearly still have to make a decision on how to deal with this issue, However, I believe that the sentence "[...] rest assured that they will not refuse your application if you cannot complete the next step due to the novel coronavirus." should mean that we will be given a further extension.
What are the consequences in terms of processing times is still not clear.

penacare

Star Member
May 22, 2017
You are right, they are not directly answering to your (and my) question, as they clearly still have to make a decision on how to deal with this issue, However, I believe that the sentence "[...] rest assured that they will not refuse your application if you cannot complete the next step due to the novel coronavirus." should mean that we will be given a further extension.
What are the consequences in terms of processing times is still not clear.
Hi, I just got the same answer from the IRCC webform. I guess we will have to wait.

"Coronavirus - Immigration application - More time to provide documents

Biometrics

Even though your biometrics instructions letter (BIL) indicates that you must complete this step in 30 days, rest assured that you will automatically have 90 days to provide your biometrics if you are affected by the service disruptions. If applicable, you will have to make a new appointment when biometrics collection start again. You will not need a new BIL for a future appointment."

Reactions: matteosc

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Raised cse and got this response:
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirementsunder the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid
AOR 6th february
MEP 18th feb
Biometrics 26th feb
Hi, Thanks for sharing. May I ask what is the status in your webportal? Is that showing background started? Do you got any ghost updates? Thanks!

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Hi, Thanks for sharing. May I ask what is the status in your webportal? Is that showing background started? Do you got any ghost updates? Thanks!
webportal says "we are reviewing eligibilty" For background check it says "we are processing your background checks ".
I got GU a day after médical passed.

leblord

Star Member
May 23, 2019
hello guys i sent webform one month ago the eligibility was : The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
i sent another one last week the reply was : The background verifications are in process.
is this generic reply or it have some meaning

Jpatel742

Mar 2, 2020
hello guys i sent webform one month ago the eligibility was : The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
i sent another one last week the reply was : The background verifications are in process.
is this generic reply or it have some meaning
What's your AOR? are you FSW or PNP and Inland or Outland?