+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2019 Spousal PR Applicants (Outland)

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
This thread is for all the applicants who are going to apply in February 2019.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Has anyone added to a 2019 spreadsheet or made a new one yet for new applicants applying in Feb 2019?

hs0212

Feb 1, 2019
Hello, I wanted to know if after submitting my outland spousal sponsorship application (in Feb 2019) to bring my spouse here, am I able to then apply for a visitor visa for my outland spouse to come and visit me during the processing of his application? I have heard that this is a legitimate option and I wanted to know the exact details of it and what the chances are that he would be granted a visitor's visa and the process that that particular path would take.

Thanks

Hadis

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hello, I wanted to know if after submitting my outland spousal sponsorship application (in Feb 2019) to bring my spouse here, am I able to then apply for a visitor visa for my outland spouse to come and visit me during the processing of his application? I have heard that this is a legitimate option and I wanted to know the exact details of it and what the chances are that he would be granted a visitor's visa and the process that that particular path would take.

Thanks

Hadis
Hi there firstly I suggest you follow the other Feb 2019 thread as there are more active users there. To answer your question, You can apply for a visitor visa after your spousal application but in almost 98% of cases the visitors is refused because they are not convinced that the person would return back. There have been people who were granted visas after providing strong ties for the person back to their home country but those cases are very rare. Its completely on luck though most of the time. In saying so you can nevertheless try for your spouse’s vistors visa application as it is not going to affect your pr application in any way. Its understood you miss your spouse. My 2 cents on applying for visitors would be to wait until you have received AOR1 & SA (Sponsorship Approval) and then apply also stating in ur application that they would not overstay because you would never jeopardise your application and ofcourse if they have strong ties like house, employment etc will make for a stronger case. All the best!