+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

BigH

Aug 7, 2019
March 4th applicant.
Just received a letter from cic.
Proof of relationship: document/evidence that you are cohabiting with your spouse/sponser in Canada. Any suggestions? What should I send them?

ekfcjdth

Mar 23, 2019
Hey guys. My entire journey is done finally.
Here is my timeline. Good luck guys.

Feb 14, 2019 - Application received
April 3, 2019 - AOR
April 11, 2019 - OWP approved
June 12, 2019 - Background check
June 25, 2019 - AIP(Eligibility passed letter)
June 26, 2019 - Processing completed letter
June 27, 2019 - Invitation for the landing interview
Aug 9, 2019 - Interview (Toronto)
Aug 10, 2019 - Pr card linked on CIC account
Aug 15, 2019 - Ghost updated
Aug 17, 2019 - Approved, pr card mailed
Aug 21, 2019 - Received Pr card

Reactions: Winterberg

Winterberg

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
March 4th applicant.
Just received a letter from cic.
Proof of relationship: document/evidence that you are cohabiting with your spouse/sponser in Canada. Any suggestions? What should I send them?
Except the driver's license and paystub show the same address, you can included all the government mail prove you guys have the same address. Also could be apartment lease with both your signatures or house purchase contract, property tax form, hydro bill/phone bill, bank account, credit card statement. Especially hydro bill/phone bill, you can call them and have both your names on the file. You can also open a joint account in the bank. If one of you have insurance, add the spouse as beneficiary. I provided all the documents I mentioned above. Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Reactions: Nups@6

sunniemeng

Jul 8, 2019
I just received an interview scheduled letter saying my interview will be Sept 17. I received my AIP yesterday and my ECAS saying DM for both sides. However, my GC key is still showing status as "in progress - we are reviewing your eligibility".

Is it a problem or not? I'm not sure if I can celebrate my completion or not.

Winterberg

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
I just received an interview scheduled letter saying my interview will be Sept 17. I received my AIP yesterday and my ECAS saying DM for both sides. However, my GC key is still showing status as "in progress - we are reviewing your eligibility".

Is it a problem or not? I'm not sure if I can celebrate my completion or not.
Don't worry about it. Mine changed to completed after I finished the interview. The interview will finalize the whole process.

dilo

Apr 27, 2019
Hi guys
My interview date is 6 September in Van office. But my husband (sponsor) have lost his PR card and Landing paper. Do immigration officers request to see the sponsor’s original documents as well?

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Nothing yet on my end. Feb 11 applicant. The Mexican police check was sent to the authorities on July 13th. I recieved AIP and DM on sponsors side but other than that, radio silence.

The Mexico government is mind blowingly slow. But my wife and I anticipated that everyone would have their PR but us. Heres to hoping we hear something soon.

hollyv928

Feb 28, 2019
Feb 28 applicant here, we're still waiting as well. They asked for additional proof of relationship/cohabitation, we sent that in, they confirmed they received the docs but we still had "Your Action is Required." After a few weeks, I finally figured out that all they needed a replacement of our marriage certificate. They emailed us and sent us a copy on GCKey about needing the proof of relationship/cohabitation, but were completely radio silent on needing the replacement certificate. Kind of annoying, but we're just happy we caught it.

Uploaded that on Aug 27th and finally had our application back to "Submitted." Now we're just waiting with no idea of when things will move along. Still waiting for AIP, SA, and DM.

BigH

Aug 7, 2019
Feb 28 applicant here, we're still waiting as well. They asked for additional proof of relationship/cohabitation, we sent that in, they confirmed they received the docs but we still had "Your Action is Required." After a few weeks, I finally figured out that all they needed a replacement of our marriage certificate. They emailed us and sent us a copy on GCKey about needing the proof of relationship/cohabitation, but were completely radio silent on needing the replacement certificate. Kind of annoying, but we're just happy we caught it.

Uploaded that on Aug 27th and finally had our application back to "Submitted." Now we're just waiting with no idea of when things will move along. Still waiting for AIP, SA, and DM.
I have received same letter proof of relationship:

> Proof of Relationship: Document/evidence proving your relationship with your family member. You did not provide sufficient evidence that you are cohabitating with your spouse/sponsor in Canada.

I dont know what to send them since i already sent them, marriage certificate, pictures, lease with our both name on it, letter from her friend and my friend, joint account.
Not sure what else they need.

If anyone went through the same thing or have an idea let me know. Would be appreciated

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019

> Proof of Relationship: Document/evidence proving your relationship with your family member. You did not provide sufficient evidence that you are cohabitating with your spouse/sponsor in Canada.

I dont know what to send them since i already sent them, marriage certificate, pictures, lease with our both name on it, letter from her friend and my friend, joint account.

If anyone went through the same thing or have an idea let me know. Would be appreciated
Bank accounts? Credit card? Insurance benefits?

hollyv928

Feb 28, 2019

We ended up sending in:

-the lease extension for our old place (originally we were going to move March 1st but couldn't find a place, so we stayed for two more months and moved May 1st)
-the lease for the new place
-tenant insurance for both the old and new place
-joint membership for Costco
-joint membership we have for a botanical garden
-auto insurance
-mailing slips from packages we've ordered
-proof from his work that I'm listed as his spouse and I'm covered under his benefits (medical, dental, and life insurance)
-photos with friends and family since we've submitted
-letters from my parents, his parents, his siblings, and a few of our friends stating that they know we've been living together and have visited us at our home

We just threw in anything that had our names and address together, even the smaller things like a Costco membership.