+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Feb1319

May 7, 2019
My Spouse received the below letter. Is this AIP letter? Do we receive another email for interview / landing interview?

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.

App Date: Feb 5th
AOR Date: March 22nd
Medicals Received: April 26th
Medicals Passed: May 12th
DM & SA: July 19th
Congratulations

Reactions: sk1984indian

waitinglikeyaall

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Any tips for rescheduling interview? We have to do international travel soon for some important reasons and our flights are already booked and I feel like next few days we will get approved but we will be gone for some time following next week so, should I call them or send a form? or wait till I have a date for an interview?

DeFTX

Feb 22, 2019
Any tips for rescheduling interview? We have to do international travel soon for some important reasons and our flights are already booked and I feel like next few days we will get approved but we will be gone for some time following next week so, should I call them or send a form? or wait till I have a date for an interview?
The interview is usually set between 2-4 weeks after you get the letter, it depends on where you're applying from, it could take 8 weeks if you're in Vancouver. Its definitely a risk you're taking tho, I personally don't have any knowledge on the possibility of rescheduling the interview.

waitinglikeyaall

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
The interview is usually set between 2-4 weeks after you get the letter, it depends on where you're applying from, it could take 8 weeks if you're in Vancouver. Its definitely a risk you're taking tho, I personally don't have any knowledge on the possibility of rescheduling the interview.
I am in Calgary.. anyone know what the wait times like here?

tzk_

Mar 14, 2019
Edmonton
Because you are travelling internationally, you can get you confirmation of your permanent residence at the port of entry. You don't need to go to office.

"If you are not able to make an appointment as set out above, you may leave Canada and return through an international airport or a Canadian land border." Check it from here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Just received a call at the home phone from the immigration office. Neither me or the wife was at home. They just confirmed that my wife lives there and that the address on file was up to date. Has that happened to anyone else here?

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
So I was pretty excited to see I had a new message on GCkey....
That was short lived. I just recieved a procedural fairness letter ...
Been married to my husband for 7years.. together for 12.. living in Canada together for 6 years in alberta..
My husband had to do a job out of town for a couple months working in the oilfield staying in a camp. He would be gone for 8-9 days at a time.
Apparently this means we don't live together and I am not eligible for spousal sponsorship.
They are giving me 30days to provide them with documents but I don't know what would change there minds since my husband has been periodically working in and out of town over the last few months but this has always remained his residence.

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
So I was pretty excited to see I had a new message on GCkey....
That was short lived. I just recieved a procedural fairness letter ...
Been married to my husband for 7years.. together for 12.. living in Canada together for 6 years in alberta..
My husband had to do a job out of town for a couple months working in the oilfield staying in a camp. He would be gone for 8-9 days at a time.
Apparently this means we don't live together and I am not eligible for spousal sponsorship.
They are giving me 30days to provide them with documents but I don't know what would change there minds since my husband has been periodically working in and out of town over the last few months but this has always remained his residence.
That's unbelievable. I mean his residence address is still the same as yours; and he's only away due to the nature of his work. I mean there's gotta be something you can give them to change their decision. Maybe a letter from his employer? Fuel slips? Temporary living arrangement at his workplace? Maybe seek some professional advice (usually consultations are free) and see if they can help you out. Hope you figure something out.

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
That's unbelievable. I mean his residence address is still the same as yours; and he's only away due to the nature of his work. I mean there's gotta be something you can give them to change their decision. Maybe a letter from his employer? Fuel slips? Temporary living arrangement at his workplace? Maybe seek some professional advice (usually consultations are free) and see if they can help you out. Hope you figure something out.
Oh I know right. Had lived together here for more then 5years without him having to go out of town but unfortunately with the economy here he had no choice at the time. It's funny because he actually quit 2 weeks after submitting the application and found work in the city for a couple months but then that led to having to go out of town again also with that company. I fell and broke my leg the end of June so he quit and has been home with me since (he's was out of town when I fell and drove 7hrs thru the night after work to me. he can't handle the thought of not being home now incase anything like that ever happened again).
I'm sitting here writing a letter trying to explain everything. Not like it was by choice. Family can't go stay in temporary work camp accommodations or else the dog and I would have joined him

I don't know wether to cry or laugh right now at this whole situation. My husband is angry as hell
When we first moved to Canada we had an immigration lawyer and yet here we are 6 years later only applying by ourselves and 3k down that's a whole different story and why I don't agree with needing them unless ur situation is complicated. Which ours wouldn't have been only for this..

hannan882

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Oh I know right. Had lived together here for more then 5years without him having to go out of town but unfortunately with the economy here he had no choice at the time. It's funny because he actually quit 2 weeks after submitting the application and found work in the city for a couple months but then that led to having to go out of town again also with that company. I fell and broke my leg the end of June so he quit and has been home with me since (he's was out of town when I fell and drove 7hrs thru the night after work to me. he can't handle the thought of not being home now incase anything like that ever happened again).
I'm sitting here writing a letter trying to explain everything. Not like it was by choice. Family can't go stay in temporary work camp accommodations or else the dog and I would have joined him

I don't know wether to cry or laugh right now at this whole situation. My husband is angry as hell
When we first moved to Canada we had an immigration lawyer and yet here we are 6 years later only applying by ourselves and 3k down that's a whole different story and why I don't agree with needing them unless ur situation is complicated. Which ours wouldn't have been only for this..
Honestly, Just write all the details in the letter; given them all the dates and incidents and the fact that he has now quit his job and stays with you. Provide all the bills under his name that come to the same address as yours. Anything you can think of just submit it to them as proof. And hope for the best at this point.

As for the immigration lawyer, I agree it's a complete waste of money unless the case is complicated; which yours isn't. But in this case maybe go in for a consultation and see if they can offer you any advice. (hopefully they don't charge you for a consultation).

Wish you all the best. Don't give up just yet.

Reactions: Bexi15

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Honestly, Just write all the details in the letter; given them all the dates and incidents and the fact that he has now quit his job and stays with you. Provide all the bills under his name that come to the same address as yours. Anything you can think of just submit it to them as proof. And hope for the best at this point.

As for the immigration lawyer, I agree it's a complete waste of money unless the case is complicated; which yours isn't. But in this case maybe go in for a consultation and see if they can offer you any advice. (hopefully they don't charge you for a consultation).

Wish you all the best. Don't give up just yet.
Thank you.
I think I will get some professional advice as to how to proceed from here. Way to much at stake. I'm hoping we have a strong argument to change their minds. Just trying to gather the evidence to show he was present more then not and was never maintaining a permanent residence anywhere else.. such fun..

Reactions: hannan882

DeFTX

Feb 22, 2019
Thank you.
I think I will get some professional advice as to how to proceed from here. Way to much at stake. I'm hoping we have a strong argument to change their minds. Just trying to gather the evidence to show he was present more then not and was never maintaining a permanent residence anywhere else.. such fun..
Bexi15, I'm heartbroken to hear what happened, I've been following your timeline and I've seen how much effort you put into this forum and thread to help others. I hate to agree but I also believe that at this point the best thing to do would be to get professional advice. I wish you the best of luck and I hope that your application turns around! Heck, I know it will!

Reactions: Delgm and hannan882

ashiocampo03

Jul 24, 2019
Hello there I’m a new here feb 06 application receive
Omg I got my DM today i’am the sponsor inland w/dependant my daughter Outland at my ecas just little help just asking DM is what does it means? Is 100% sure? Or what the next step after my DM? Thanks you for answering