+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

dj0010

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
I just went to US for 11 days vacation. No question asked by CBSA when I came back.
Hello,
Do you really need to be with your partner when coming in or out of canada to US? or is it okay to leave for few days as long as you have a TEmp resident visa suck as work permit. Thanks

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
Hello,
Do you really need to be with your partner when coming in or out of canada to US? or is it okay to leave for few days as long as you have a TEmp resident visa suck as work permit. Thanks
I dont know but I think it is ok. I traveled with my wife and they did not ask any question and let me go in 5 seconds.

dpap

Jun 11, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have a quick question. I will be getting married in Nov this year. I am PR and My Fiancee has a visitor visa of Canada. After getting married, I am planning to bring her here with me and then planning to apply for In-land PR.

Now, Is it okay to book one-way ticket for her as we will be applying for In land PR and after applying she doesn't have any plan to go back ?
I have heard Airlines from India won't allow you to board in flight if you have don't have return ticket.

Should I go with one way ticket or two-way ticket? And obviously yes, If I will book two-way ticket, I will buy refundable one and will cancel the return ticket later on.

I would like to know your views/ some one who had kind of similar situation like me.

And one more question, Does immigration at the border put some kind of stamp in passport such as you have to leave the country by so and so date(For e.g. date of return ticket) or she can stay for straight 6 months?

Thanks

Delgm

Mar 29, 2019
Hi! As far as I know the airlines (not only from India) won't sell an one way ticket, since she has a visitor visa. When you land the immigration officer will stamp the date you landed than you can stay 6 months ( that time can be extended later). I know people who had the day to leave Canada stamped based in the date of their ticket back home. But those people had the visa application denied one time before they get their visas.

waitinglikeyaall

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Background check - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Does this mean BGC has started? How long before we get a request for FP? Does anyone know?

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Background check - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Does this mean BGC has started? How long before we get a request for FP? Does anyone know?
Yep your BGC has started. Congrats!
They don't always request fingerprints. Seems if you've been in Canada for more then 6 months they are now requiring it. Mine came the same time as when my BGC began.

Feb1319

May 7, 2019
Hey guys all feb applicants please keep updating our thread. I wanna ask that I received a letter by cic saying that they have sent me correspondence i have submitted that form what is next step and how long is it going to take reply guys Thanks

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
Yep your BGC has started. Congrats!
They don't always request fingerprints. Seems if you've been in Canada for more then 6 months they are now requiring it. Mine came the same time as when my BGC began.
Oh then mine started a while ago!

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Our package containing fingerprints and photos have been sent to the embassy of Canada in Mexico City. Hopefully UPS gets it there on time.. cost us $85 for overnight

Can anyone tell me something; does the Government continue to work on your application while processing the police check? It can take 2-2.5 months for it to go through and we were hoping they wouldn't be just waiting on that..

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
I also just got a request for a police certificate (within 30 days), which is basically impossible. I don't have a representative so what do I do? :(

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019

fanvandjetkan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
AOR Received.
03-04-2019
File Transfer...
29-07-2019
Med's Request
30-04-2019
FYI (part of the letter/request I received):
Police Certificate: In order to continue processing your application, a police certificate is required from the country in which you have spent the majority of your adult life (since the age of 18). Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp or contact the Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100 for further information on how to obtain a police certificate. Please send a scan/copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. All documents that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction. This must be received at this office by: 2019/07/11. All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.