+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

dj0010

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Called cic phone system yesterday.Didnt receive the medical exam yet. Then when i tried to call today it says application cannot found. I checked my application number and everything is correct. Anybody has an idea why? Thanks

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Feb 8th applicant - background started today June 4th.
Also recieved a request for RCMP fingerprints since I've been residing in Canada for more than 6 months.

Reactions: Winterberg

Delgm

Mar 29, 2019
Called cic phone system yesterday.Didnt receive the medical exam yet. Then when i tried to call today it says application cannot found. I checked my application number and everything is correct. Anybody has an idea why? Thanks
I tried today and said the same. Maybe it is something with their system because when I went to eCAS I was able to see my application. But there it is not updated. I will try to call later.

Reactions: dj0010

dj0010

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
I tried today and said the same. Maybe it is something with their system because when I went to eCAS I was able to see my application. But there it is not updated. I will try to call later.
Ok. Thanks! Hope they say something about it.

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
BGC started June 3rd. Feb 8th applicant. Additional docs proving cohabitation requested. Sent them bills, life insurance and canada post mail forwarding confirmation (as we have recently moved). No updates yet.

My summary:
App received - Feb 8th
AoR - Mar 27th
OWP received in mail - Apr 10th
Medical request - Apr 26th
Medical taken - April 29th
Medical Passed - May 10th

BGC started - June 3rd. Proof of cohabitation beyond app submission date requested

Winterberg

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Feb 11 applicant, background check started yesterday. No request for any further information.

Ask a question for a friend. If the sponsor's employ situation changed, like to quit and look for a new job. There is a chance that being unemployed for some time. How does this affect the sponsorship and in which stage of process specifically? Anyone has an idea?
Thanks!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Feb 11 applicant, background check started yesterday. No request for any further information.

Ask a question for a friend. If the sponsor's employ situation changed, like to quit and look for a new job. There is a chance that being unemployed for some time. How does this affect the sponsorship and in which stage of process specifically? Anyone has an idea?
Thanks!
Has no effect.

Delgm

Mar 29, 2019
Ok. Thanks! Hope they say something about it.
Hi. Are you still having problems to check your status by phone? I am still trying but always get the same message saying that can't find my application. I noticed that some people from another thread are going throughthe same problem.

Last edited:

dj0010

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hi. Are you still having problems to check your status by phone? I am still trying but always get the same message saying that can't find my application. I noticed that some people from another thread are going throughthe same problem.
I didnt call
Anymore. Yesterday i was emailed by ny representative that my medical is ok, i oi passed already. Now waiting game again.

Reactions: Delgm

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
So we recieved a PCC request for our BGC. The agent decided to only give us thirty days to submit which is pretty much impossible to do so since it takes at least 2-3 months to recieve a Mexican police check as we need to send it to the Canadian embassy in Mexico City, which they then submit to the Mexican government. Super annoying.

We are going to get her fingerprints done today, passport photos tomorrow, then we will be meeting up with our consultant on Monday and she will be sending it there via FedEx.

We cant do it earlier cause unfortunately she is on vacation. It's a shame we are going to be sending it 5 days later but it's out of my hands. Pretty silly we have to ask for a request of extension too providing it is the government's problem.

My consultant did state that an extension request isn't required, she would just submit the IRCC forms stating what they requested us to do along with proof of delivery and receipts close to the deadline but my wife and I are not comfortable with that and will tell her we prefer asking for an extension a week before the deadline via CSE. Just to be safe. Any veterans agree with that?

Otherwise, the government has asked for no further proof..... for now. Do they normally ask for proof of cohabitation right away or can it happen anytime?

Last edited:

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
So we recieved a PCC request for our BGC. The agent decided to only give us thirty days to submit which is pretty much impossible to do so since it takes at least 2-3 months to recieve a Mexican police check as we need to send it to the Canadian embassy in Mexico City, which they then submit to the Mexican government. Super annoying.

We are going to get her fingerprints done today, passport photos tomorrow, then we will be meeting up with our consultant on Monday and she will be sending it there via FedEx.

We cant do it earlier cause unfortunately she is on vacation. It's a shame we are going to be sending it 5 days later but it's out of my hands. Pretty silly we have to ask for a request of extension too providing it is the government's problem.

My consultant did state that an extension request isn't required, she would just submit the IRCC forms stating what they requested us to do along with proof of delivery and receipts close to the deadline but my wife and I are not comfortable with that and will tell her we prefer asking for an extension a week before the deadline via CSE. Just to be safe. Any veterans agree with that?

Otherwise, the government has asked for no further proof..... for now. Do they normally ask for proof of cohabitation right away or can it happen anytime?
they asked me the day the BGC started. Also gave us 30 days

Reactions: Tmcdchef87