+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

bbarker

Feb 2, 2019
I would also advice you to send your 2018 NoA too if you’ve filed your taxes , because a colleague of mine got back his application after a year because the latest NoA was not there .
Oh noooo, really?! I don't file my taxes until mid-June because I'm a contract employee/self-employed. Jesus it never ends!

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
FINALLY got through to an agent just now. Good and bad news.
Good news is my visitor permit is in the mail, and bad news is our Common Law application was sent back to us a week ago, so we should be getting it in the mail real soon. No idea why yet, we checked everything thoroughly ten times over. So I guess we'll be joining the back of the queue once they receive it again. I could cry.
So sorry to hear your application was returned. But at least your in status!
Don't forget to update your forms if needed as there were updates recently. Also it would be safest if you sent in 2018's NOA if you can.

Winterberg

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Oh noooo, really?! I don't file my taxes until mid-June because I'm a contract employee/self-employed. Jesus it never ends!
Which one are you guys talking about, the sponsor's NoA or PA's NoA? The document list did require the sponsor's NoA. I am PA, I didn't include my NOA. That could be an issue? Haven't received MR yet.

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
Which one are you guys talking about, the sponsor's NoA or PA's NoA? The document list did require the sponsor's NoA. I am PA, I didn't include my NOA. That could be an issue? Haven't received MR yet.
It's only the sponsors NOA that is required.

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Good luck!
Well , it’s been 4 weeks since they received my application in edmonton . Hopefully I am gonna have something soon !
Hopes are on.
It’s been 10 weeks since they received my application no update till now.
And I sent it to Edmonton too

bbarker

Feb 2, 2019
You’re welcome! That’s what we’re here for . When you resend your application, it would be better to send the 2018 noa as well .
Hi again :) Sorry to keep asking you questions but now that I'm filling out the restoration of status application on page 3 under date of last entry to Canada it asks why do you want to extend you stay? Choose from the following:
  • Business
  • Tourism
  • Short-Term Studies
  • Returning Student
  • Returning Worker
  • Super Visa: For Parents or Grandparents (applies only to those who entered Canada with a Super Visa)
  • Family Visit
  • Other (medical visits, transit, etc.)
Should I choose "other" and then explain restoring status to reapply for OWP as part of common-law PR app or something to that effect? It doesn't give you any direction in the instruction guide..
Thanks!!

The Arsenal

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Question about Medical:
I understand that you visit the panel doctor first and then go the lab for further tests.
We pay about $220 for the doctor visitation depending on who you visit. If my spouse who is the sponsored, gets her provincial health card, does that cover her visit to the doc?