+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Fadab

Jan 30, 2019
App. Filed.......
06-02-2019
AOR Received.
26-03-2019
I called CIC just now--- I made sure to use the phone option about temporary stay (Work permit)

The rep was very nice to give me an update about my application (I gave her my application # from AOR, date of birth, etc)

She said OWP was finalized and approved today Apr 03

Application Received: Feb 06, 2019
AOR: Mar 26, 2019
OWP Approved: Apr 03, 2019

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
So my wife gave the CIC a call regarding the OWP. This lady asked for her application number, etc, etc.

She then informed my wife that first they need to see if I am eligible to be a sponsor first, then they will issue a work permit and this takes 120 days. Am I missing something here? Lol

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
So my wife gave the CIC a call regarding the OWP. This lady asked for her application number, etc, etc.

She then informed my wife that first they need to see if I am eligible to be a sponsor first, then they will issue a work permit and this takes 120 days. Am I missing something here? Lol
Yes, stop calling them ;)
The call center agents don't have access to much information and they are known to give unreliable info. If you had a valid status when you sent the PR and OWP application and if they haven't been sent back to you, everything is normal and you will get approval soon. Ask your representative to link the OWP app and to give you the application number starting with W and call the automated service to know if they have started reviewing your eligibility for the work permit. That is the only update that is given for OWP and approval usually happens within a few hours of eligibility starting.

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yes, stop calling them ;)
The call center agents don't have access to much information and they are known to give unreliable info. If you had a valid status when you sent the PR and OWP application and if they haven't been sent back to you, everything is normal and you will get approval soon. Ask your representative to link the OWP app and to give you the application number starting with W and call the automated service to know if they have started reviewing your eligibility for the work permit. That is the only update that is given for OWP and approval usually happens within a few hours of eligibility starting.
Oh trust me, the calls will stop starting today haha. My consultant is having difficulties linking the app and she informed me that it does not matter - when the application is approved she will get an e-mail and will inform us right away, which seems about right. And to reiterate - valid status means exactly what?

Thanks for clarifying that. I was very confused why we would wait for an SA first - then get the OWP. *deep breath*

CAN AL, you are always a great help. I appreciate it.

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Oh trust me, the calls will stop starting today haha. My consultant is having difficulties linking the app and she informed me that it does not matter - when the application is approved she will get an e-mail and will inform us right away, which seems about right. And to reiterate - valid status means exactly what?

Thanks for clarifying that. I was very confused why we would wait for an SA first - then get the OWP. *deep breath*

CAN AL, you are always a great help. I appreciate it.
Glad I can help :) it is a very stressful process and the wait doesn't get better unfortunately haha I guess I'm just getting a bit more used to it! Valid status means that you are legally in Canada: didn't overstay as a visitor or have a valid study/work permit, etc.

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
what is the next step after AOR? medical request? How long until medical request?
Seems most people are receiving their OWPs after AOR right now. Hoping MR will be shortly after.