+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***FEBRUARY 2019*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

AMeyer

Jan 29, 2019
My application was received Feb 6th and I just got a ghost update today too. Does anyone know what 'good news' is meant to come after a ghost update? Maybe BGC noted as being passed?

I have another question for anyone with insight. My husband (the PA's) passport expires mid-February 2020, which means his Work Permit will expire then too. He's an American living in Canada with me, his Canadian sponsor. Technically we're MEANT to hear back about his PR before his passport/WP expires, but only by like 10 days.

Seems to me the smartest move would be to start the passport renewal process well ahead of expiry and send the CIC the new passport document when we receive it. Maybe with a request to extend his work permit accordingly? It all makes me a bit nervous. Any advice?

Bexi15

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-03-2019
Med's Request
12-04-2019
Med's Done....
06-05-2019
My application was received Feb 6th and I just got a ghost update today too. Does anyone know what 'good news' is meant to come after a ghost update? Maybe BGC noted as being passed?

I have another question for anyone with insight. My husband (the PA's) passport expires mid-February 2020, which means his Work Permit will expire then too. He's an American living in Canada with me, his Canadian sponsor. Technically we're MEANT to hear back about his PR before his passport/WP expires, but only by like 10 days.

Seems to me the smartest move would be to start the passport renewal process well ahead of expiry and send the CIC the new passport document when we receive it. Maybe with a request to extend his work permit accordingly? It all makes me a bit nervous. Any advice?
AIP will be next. Going by January applicants they are receiving AIP shortly after getting ghost updates. Many have recieved DMs and some even recieved landingi shortly after that.
Most Feb applicants can hopefully expect the same shortly.

Reactions: AMeyer

kelvincky

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
AIP will be next. Going by January applicants they are receiving AIP shortly after getting ghost updates. Many have recieved DMs and some even recieved landingi shortly after that.
Most Feb applicants can hopefully expect the same shortly.
I got a ghost update on July 4th and still waiting.

Feb1319

May 7, 2019
I mean i can just hope for the best because i have a representative and idk when i am ghost updates because on ecas doesn’t show anything other than same old thing. But just keep updating guys it boosts up my hopes because we all on same boat now All the best to everyone February applicants

Delgm

Mar 29, 2019
I mean i can just hope for the best because i have a representative and idk when i am ghost updates because on ecas doesn’t show anything other than same old thing. But just keep updating guys it boosts up my hopes because we all on same boat now All the best to everyone February applicants
Same as you. I have a representative as well. I don't get many informations from them. So I keep following here

Last edited:

Winterberg

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
@ waitinglikeyaall

Just checked mine, it shows, Application/profile updated. Feb 11 applicant too.
Does that mean BGC is finished?

dilo

Apr 27, 2019
Feb 13 here:- Application/profile updated
Ghost update !!!

Guys let's keep our fingers crossed for some good news, since Jan 29th applicants are getting their landing letters now!
Feb 14 app here
When did your background check started??
Mine is stuck on medical results.

sayoni87

Dec 27, 2018
Feb 14 app here
When did your background check started??
Mine is stuck on medical results.
Somewhere during late June I guess. I had stopped checking status for sometime since nothing was happening , then one day I just saw it showing "We're processing your background check". QQ: Are you checking on ecas or GCKey? Because on ECAS it only shows "Medical results received".

dilo

Apr 27, 2019
Somewhere during late June I guess. I had stopped checking status for sometime since nothing was happening , then one day I just saw it showing "We're processing your background check". QQ: Are you checking on ecas or GCKey? Because on ECAS it only shows "Medical results received".
I have a representative so I can only check it on ecas.
Medical passed on 1 june. But you have given me a new hope. So may be background check have already started.