Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
18-02-2019
If I were you I would've contacted the PM already. Contacting the MPs are known to help if you are constituent. They put an effort if you are from their constituency otherwise they will only send a general enquiry. That's why I haven't wasted time contacting even Goodale. My application's due date was 26 June, since then 4 more due dates came and went. Yesterday the agent told me these are not potential completion dates, instead these are just the dates the Visa officer might look into your file. Even then there is not guarantee that he will. He could decide to postpone the date as many times as he likes before he finally look into it. My visa officer keeps postponing it without any inputs or updates. Next one is on September 22 and I have no hope he will work even then, he will most definitely postpone it for another 2 weeks or a month.
Your situation kinda proves one of the agents told me about the Visa Officers are free to work at their own will and pace. even after 3 enquiries from the MPs, no one has asked him/her why your application is delayed like this. He doesn't have to provide any explanation. I asked several time, if there is any complication with my file and every time I was told only the visa officer would know. When I asked if there is any explanation on why this gentleman keeps postponing the date to work on my file instead of working on it, I was told only the visa officer would know and he doesn't have to provide an answer to why he is not working on a specific file. even if they send him that question it will take weeks to get a reply and the reply will simply be he needs more time.
I really have had enough.
How did you come to know of due date

LuckyCent

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
My application is approved and we have our passports stamped as of Aug 30 2019.

Our COPR expiry date is 10/Feb/2020 whereas we had done our medicals on 30/Jan/2019. We have got an additional grace time of 10 days to land in Canada.

Wanted to share our journey so far and hope it might be useful for some of you.

We are a family of 3 and never expected we would get our Canadian Visa. Just submitted everything to God and applied ourselves.

We had initially thought of migrating in 2012, but my spouse was hesitant as he did not want to leave India and our loved ones. We never thought of this dream until mid-2017 when my friend migrated to Canada and she threw the spark in us again. We then decided we will give it a chance of either migrating to Australia or Canada and we finally zeroed down to Canada.

We started slowly, visited 2 Immigration consultants, googled and found this Forum which was of immense help to us. Though we were silent members in the forum, we read and understood a lot of things.

We both applied for ECA with WES in the month of June 2018 and got the evaluation done by November 2018. I had a lot of struggle in getting the ECA done as WES had changed the format and wanted the university to acknowledge back. Earlier I guess this was random. After a lot of follow up with the university this got completed. The ECA for my spouse never got done due to some name mismatch errors and was rejected after waiting for almost 4 months. We never bothered to do his ECA again and we completed our IELTS and entered the pool on Nov 21 2018.

We got ITA on Dec 19 and submitted the documents on Feb 6th. We were reluctant in submitting the documents as we could not obtain the work reference letter in the IRCC required format. We also paid the RPRF fees upfront and waited patiently.

We used to check our online account very rarely. We just called up once on June 15th and the agent did not disclose anything much. Hence, we ordered GCMS and got the same by July 19th. We saw that Eligibility was marked as review required, and nothing had started by then. We were really sad and upset though we were aware that we haven’t submitted the required work experience documents.

As I mentioned above, my organization was not willing to provide any reference letters. I just submitted a non-notarized letter from my colleague working in the same grade, six month’s salary slip and a promotion letter and a scan copy of our employee ID Card. Though I had more than 23K CAD in my account this was also marked for review for our surprise and I had shown my PF and FD as the source. PF is maintained by my Organization itself and also the FD got matured in May 2019. This might have been the reason but nothing was mentioned as such.

We submitted a new letter from the bank stating the FD is renewed and can be liquidated at any point of time and new PF statement in a weeks’ time. We did not submit anything related to my work experience again as we had no other proofs to substantiate my roles and responsibilities.

We were mentally prepared for a rejection; but to our shock and disbelief we got the golden mail on August 16th. I haven't seen any ghost updates in my profile or might have missed as I am not regular in checking our profile. We submitted our passports on August 21 and got the online update in CIC portal on August 30th as status approved and also a mail that the passport is ready for collection from VFS.

This phase was a mix of emotions, and finally we are relieved now. Never ever thought our application will get approved and we will reach this far.

Now the big journey starts and we are really excited and more of tensed about our life in Canada will be.

We sincerely hope everyone here gets their PR soon and wish everyone all the best. Thank you all for the support in this Forum.

NB: I wouldn’t recommend to submit a non-notarized reference letter as I have seen our seniors here saying it is better to have it notarized in case one is unable to get the experience letter in the IRCC standard format.

All the very best!
Delighted to read your post

divitabali

Sep 6, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have applied online for Canada immigration under Express Entry FSW category.
I had submitted all the documents on March 6, 2019. The estimated time says 6 Months i.e. September 6, 2019. I received a request letter on August 29 to submit an Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406) and I had submitted the same on August 31. The estimated time is over but there's no update in my account profile. I would request you to kindly help me if anyone else has faced this issue too.

Thank you so much in advance.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
If I were you I would've contacted the PM already. Contacting the MPs are known to help if you are constituent. They put an effort if you are from their constituency otherwise they will only send a general enquiry. That's why I haven't wasted time contacting even Goodale. My application's due date was 26 June, since then 4 more due dates came and went. Yesterday the agent told me these are not potential completion dates, instead these are just the dates the Visa officer might look into your file. Even then there is not guarantee that he will. He could decide to postpone the date as many times as he likes before he finally look into it. My visa officer keeps postponing it without any inputs or updates. Next one is on September 22 and I have no hope he will work even then, he will most definitely postpone it for another 2 weeks or a month.
Your situation kinda proves one of the agents told me about the Visa Officers are free to work at their own will and pace. even after 3 enquiries from the MPs, no one has asked him/her why your application is delayed like this. He doesn't have to provide any explanation. I asked several time, if there is any complication with my file and every time I was told only the visa officer would know. When I asked if there is any explanation on why this gentleman keeps postponing the date to work on my file instead of working on it, I was told only the visa officer would know and he doesn't have to provide an answer to why he is not working on a specific file. even if they send him that question it will take weeks to get a reply and the reply will simply be he needs more time.
I really have had enough.
At this point, I'm sure they're just delaying some cases on purpose. Disgusted with this whole ordeal!!! No matter what excuse they come up will not justify this delay.

rosu1991

Sep 6, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have applied online for Canada immigration under Express Entry FSW category.
I had submitted all the documents on March 6, 2019. The estimated time says 6 Months i.e. September 6, 2019. I received a request letter on August 29 to submit an Additional Family Information form (IMM 5406) and I had submitted the same on August 31. The estimated time is over but there's no update in my account profile. I would request you to kindly help me if anyone else has faced this issue too.

Thank you so much in advance.
For us also same
They asked to submit imm5406.. We are yet to submit that

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
At this point, I'm sure they're just delaying some cases on purpose. Disgusted with this whole ordeal!!! No matter what excuse they come up will not justify this delay.
I feel the same too. they just process the simple applications and keep the difficult one on hold. I have cursed and swore at them in every possible way without being obscene and aggressive. I have told couple of agents that I believe this is purely personal and emotional torture, their replay is always the same, "there are plenty of applications in your situation, so this is not personal"
I wish I could find some sort of human rights violations in this process so that I can sue the entire system.

Reactions: SithLord and CaCal

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
@CaCal any updates for you bro?

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
I feel the same too. they just process the simple applications and keep the difficult one on hold. I have cursed and swore at them in every possible way without being obscene and aggressive. I have told couple of agents that I believe this is purely personal and emotional torture, their replay is always the same, "there are plenty of applications in your situation, so this is not personal"
I wish I could find some sort of human rights violations in this process so that I can sue the entire system.
I wouldn’t think twice before supporting any movement to favour or lessen our ordeal. At this point, i think it’s all to fall on deaf ears.
U cursed them. Lol. I wish I could witness the outcome first hand.
I don’t agree with the simple and complicated application theory, from what I have been reading ..families of 3/4 with extensive travel history have got their PPR within the 6 months period, quite a number of them. In fact, people with less or no travel history are stuck.

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
@CaCal any updates for you bro?
Nope. I am waiting for my GCMS notes due on September 16th. Actually, I am not even waiting for them coz I know for sure they will show exactly what they did last time, NOTHING. I have reached a point, I read posts on this forum, feel happy and (jealous) for the ones who leave us, laugh at myself and continue my day..
I don’t even check my profile for any ghost updates as even they don’t mean anything until one fine day, that golden morning when god will pity me and make them send the golden email

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
I wouldn’t think twice before supporting any movement to favour or lessen our ordeal. At this point, i think it’s all to fall on deaf ears.
U cursed them. Lol. I wish I could witness the outcome first hand.
I don’t agree with the simple and complicated application theory, from what I have been reading ..families of 3/4 with extensive travel history have got their PPR within the 6 months period, quite a number of them. In fact, people with less or no travel history are stuck.
There are no theories, its all just speculation and assumptions. I know my application is much more difficult than my friends who got it with in 4 months. They had practically lived there entire life in one place while I had 4 PCCs and a small travel history. So, compared to them my applications might be difficult. But I also know people with 50+ travel history and 6-8 PCCs who got PPR with in 100 days.
At the same time there are single applicants with one PCC and no travel history waiting since august 2018.
How can we develop theories or trends from this?
My only theory is, " Everything depends on the B*****D to whom your files gets assigned to, if that person works on your files soon then you might get it with in 6 months, if he decides to keep it aside, then you are doomed".