IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Nov 2 AOR here and I am on that same boat since May 9th. Let me know when your file gets picked up.
Is there any way for you to contact someone responsible there other than these agents who cant do anything?
Your situation really makes me worried about mine. I am concerned about how long it will take for me in recommended pass. I won't be able to remian patient as you do. You are some sort of a saint

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
Called them again...
Everything is still the same as previous call. The officer may or may not look at my file on the 22 of this month. I know he is not going to look at it at all. He will just keep postponing it. He was supposed to look at it on 14 Sep. Asked the agent to send me the information and procedure to cancel my application. I will wait till the 22nd and if nothing changes by then, then I am cancelling it.
Good Luck to all those who are still waiting patiently...

Reactions: CaCal and LuckyCent

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Is there any way for you to contact someone responsible there other than these agents who cant do anything?
Your situation really makes me worried about mine. I am concerned about how long it will take for me in recommended pass. I won't be able to remian patient as you do. You are some sort of a saint
I contacted Goodale twice - May 9th and August 15th. His office response both times were identical.

Eligibility in progress - Recommend Pass
Criminality - Passed
Security - Not started
Info Sharing - Complete
Medicals are valid till October 16, 2019.

I also wrote to Immigration Minister - Ahmed Hussen and his office responded on August 6th with a long explanation about the processing times. In the end, his response for my status was again exactly same as Goodale.

Later, call centre agents notified that MPs have made an enquiry on my case. When I asked the details he explained that my application received 3 different enquiries through MP lines on May 9th, August 6th and August 15th.

Even call centre agents have no clue why my application has still not received a decision. As per the notes in the system, a decision should have been made by May 23, 2019.

My application's estimated completion date was May 2. Since then 4 remainders have expired - June 11, July 14, July 26, August 29 and now they have sent a 5th remainder with a due date as September 26(I'm sure this will expire soon).

Ralph Goodale 's office made 2 enquires.
Ahmed Hussen's office made an enquiry.

The visa office is also aware about the MP's enquiries as each time the call was made they have marked it down in notes that the case is pending officer's review. So most likely the case officer knows it too but still has decided to ignore my file.

The only thing left now is to write to the Prime Minister's office. Other than that, if you feel there is more I can do on my case then let me know. I am all ears.

Last edited:

davidsson3

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
13-02-2019
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
Med's Done....
05-04-2019
Passport Req..
28-10-2019
I contacted Goodale twice - May 9th and August 15th. His office's response both times were identical.

Criminality - Passed
Security - Not started
Info Sharing - Complete

I also wrote to Immigration Minister - Ahmed Hussen and his office responded on August 6th with a long explanation about the processing times. In the end, his response for my status was again exactly same as Goodale.

Later, call centre agents notified that MPs have made an enquiry on my case. When I asked the details he explained that my application received 3 different enquiries through MP lines on May 9th, August 6th and August 15th.

Even call centre agents have no clue why my application has still not received a decision. As per the notes in the system, a decision should have been made by May 23, 2019.

My application's estimated completion date was May 2. Since then 4 remainders have expired - June 11, July 14, July 26, August 29 and now they have sent a 5th remainder with a due date as September 26(I'm sure this will expire soon).

The visa office is also aware about the MP's enquiries as each time the call was made they have marked it down in notes that the case is pending officer's review. So most likely the case officer knows it too but still has decided to ignore my file.

The only thing left now is to write to the Prime Minister's office. Other than that, if you feel there is more I can do on my case then let me know. I am all ears.
Bruh

yuvilucky

Aug 1, 2019
AOR - February 2nd

Status on August 12th

Eligibility requires review.
Criminality passed.
Security checks have not been initiated.

Sept 5th - Call center agent provided exact same status as a month before.

In here for more wait.
To clear the air around them processing American residents applications faster, I defer to it as it's been 7 months for me as of now.

maple06

Nov 16, 2018
My application is approved and we have our passports stamped as of Aug 30 2019.

Our COPR expiry date is 10/Feb/2020 whereas we had done our medicals on 30/Jan/2019. We have got an additional grace time of 10 days to land in Canada.

Wanted to share our journey so far and hope it might be useful for some of you.

We are a family of 3 and never expected we would get our Canadian Visa. Just submitted everything to God and applied ourselves.

We had initially thought of migrating in 2012, but my spouse was hesitant as he did not want to leave India and our loved ones. We never thought of this dream until mid-2017 when my friend migrated to Canada and she threw the spark in us again. We then decided we will give it a chance of either migrating to Australia or Canada and we finally zeroed down to Canada.

We started slowly, visited 2 Immigration consultants, googled and found this Forum which was of immense help to us. Though we were silent members in the forum, we read and understood a lot of things.

We both applied for ECA with WES in the month of June 2018 and got the evaluation done by November 2018. I had a lot of struggle in getting the ECA done as WES had changed the format and wanted the university to acknowledge back. Earlier I guess this was random. After a lot of follow up with the university this got completed. The ECA for my spouse never got done due to some name mismatch errors and was rejected after waiting for almost 4 months. We never bothered to do his ECA again and we completed our IELTS and entered the pool on Nov 21 2018.

We got ITA on Dec 19 and submitted the documents on Feb 6th. We were reluctant in submitting the documents as we could not obtain the work reference letter in the IRCC required format. We also paid the RPRF fees upfront and waited patiently.

We used to check our online account very rarely. We just called up once on June 15th and the agent did not disclose anything much. Hence, we ordered GCMS and got the same by July 19th. We saw that Eligibility was marked as review required, and nothing had started by then. We were really sad and upset though we were aware that we haven’t submitted the required work experience documents.

As I mentioned above, my organization was not willing to provide any reference letters. I just submitted a non-notarized letter from my colleague working in the same grade, six month’s salary slip and a promotion letter and a scan copy of our employee ID Card. Though I had more than 23K CAD in my account this was also marked for review for our surprise and I had shown my PF and FD as the source. PF is maintained by my Organization itself and also the FD got matured in May 2019. This might have been the reason but nothing was mentioned as such.

We submitted a new letter from the bank stating the FD is renewed and can be liquidated at any point of time and new PF statement in a weeks’ time. We did not submit anything related to my work experience again as we had no other proofs to substantiate my roles and responsibilities.

We were mentally prepared for a rejection; but to our shock and disbelief we got the golden mail on August 16th. I haven't seen any ghost updates in my profile or might have missed as I am not regular in checking our profile. We submitted our passports on August 21 and got the online update in CIC portal on August 30th as status approved and also a mail that the passport is ready for collection from VFS.

This phase was a mix of emotions, and finally we are relieved now. Never ever thought our application will get approved and we will reach this far.

Now the big journey starts and we are really excited and more of tensed about our life in Canada will be.

We sincerely hope everyone here gets their PR soon and wish everyone all the best. Thank you all for the support in this Forum.

NB: I wouldn’t recommend to submit a non-notarized reference letter as I have seen our seniors here saying it is better to have it notarized in case one is unable to get the experience letter in the IRCC standard format.

All the very best!

chaukserahul

Jan 4, 2019
hey guys

we got PPR yesterday and submitted our passports for printing today morning

we are 3 members, my wife is a primary applicant and we are from India

below was our journey

EE profile submitted - 19th Jan
ITA received - 24th Jan
COPR - 23rd Feb
RPRF request - 22nd Aug
6 months waiting completed - 23rd Aug
2nd Ghost update - 4th Sep
PPR mail received - 5th Sep
Passport submitted - 6th Sep

thanks for all your support and help for clearing our doubts.

manisandhu19

May 13, 2017
hey guys

we got PPR yesterday and submitted our passports for printing today morning

we are 3 members, my wife is a primary applicant and we are from India

below was our journey

EE profile submitted - 19th Jan
ITA received - 24th Jan
COPR - 23rd Feb
RPRF request - 22nd Aug
6 months waiting completed - 23rd Aug
2nd Ghost update - 4th Sep
PPR mail received - 5th Sep
Passport submitted - 6th Sep

thanks for all your support and help for clearing our doubts.
Congratulations

manisandhu19

May 13, 2017
My timeline:
NOC 3113
ITA 9Jan 19
Aor 8th feb 19
Medicals& biometrics 26th march
Ghost update 1: 27th march
Ghost update 2: 22nd may
No update since then. Eagarly waiting for ppr

Asant

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
My application is approved and we have our passports stamped as of Aug 30 2019.

Our COPR expiry date is 10/Feb/2020 whereas we had done our medicals on 30/Jan/2019. We have got an additional grace time of 10 days to land in Canada.

Wanted to share our journey so far and hope it might be useful for some of you.

We are a family of 3 and never expected we would get our Canadian Visa. Just submitted everything to God and applied ourselves.

We had initially thought of migrating in 2012, but my spouse was hesitant as he did not want to leave India and our loved ones. We never thought of this dream until mid-2017 when my friend migrated to Canada and she threw the spark in us again. We then decided we will give it a chance of either migrating to Australia or Canada and we finally zeroed down to Canada.

We started slowly, visited 2 Immigration consultants, googled and found this Forum which was of immense help to us. Though we were silent members in the forum, we read and understood a lot of things.

We both applied for ECA with WES in the month of June 2018 and got the evaluation done by November 2018. I had a lot of struggle in getting the ECA done as WES had changed the format and wanted the university to acknowledge back. Earlier I guess this was random. After a lot of follow up with the university this got completed. The ECA for my spouse never got done due to some name mismatch errors and was rejected after waiting for almost 4 months. We never bothered to do his ECA again and we completed our IELTS and entered the pool on Nov 21 2018.

We got ITA on Dec 19 and submitted the documents on Feb 6th. We were reluctant in submitting the documents as we could not obtain the work reference letter in the IRCC required format. We also paid the RPRF fees upfront and waited patiently.

We used to check our online account very rarely. We just called up once on June 15th and the agent did not disclose anything much. Hence, we ordered GCMS and got the same by July 19th. We saw that Eligibility was marked as review required, and nothing had started by then. We were really sad and upset though we were aware that we haven’t submitted the required work experience documents.

As I mentioned above, my organization was not willing to provide any reference letters. I just submitted a non-notarized letter from my colleague working in the same grade, six month’s salary slip and a promotion letter and a scan copy of our employee ID Card. Though I had more than 23K CAD in my account this was also marked for review for our surprise and I had shown my PF and FD as the source. PF is maintained by my Organization itself and also the FD got matured in May 2019. This might have been the reason but nothing was mentioned as such.

We submitted a new letter from the bank stating the FD is renewed and can be liquidated at any point of time and new PF statement in a weeks’ time. We did not submit anything related to my work experience again as we had no other proofs to substantiate my roles and responsibilities.

We were mentally prepared for a rejection; but to our shock and disbelief we got the golden mail on August 16th. I haven't seen any ghost updates in my profile or might have missed as I am not regular in checking our profile. We submitted our passports on August 21 and got the online update in CIC portal on August 30th as status approved and also a mail that the passport is ready for collection from VFS.

This phase was a mix of emotions, and finally we are relieved now. Never ever thought our application will get approved and we will reach this far.

Now the big journey starts and we are really excited and more of tensed about our life in Canada will be.

We sincerely hope everyone here gets their PR soon and wish everyone all the best. Thank you all for the support in this Forum.

NB: I wouldn’t recommend to submit a non-notarized reference letter as I have seen our seniors here saying it is better to have it notarized in case one is unable to get the experience letter in the IRCC standard format.

All the very best!
Can you share time taken from PPR to COPR?
I got PPR on 27aug19, passport submitted VFS Delhi 28Aug19. Passport currently at Canadian embassy as per tracking I'd.

Reactions: LuckyCent

maple06

Nov 16, 2018
Can you share time taken from PPR to COPR?
I got PPR on 27aug19, passport submitted VFS Delhi 28Aug19. Passport currently at Canadian embassy as per tracking I'd.
It is already mentioned above :)

Passport submitted at VFS - August 21
Counterfoil generated - August 29
Passport & COPR received - August 30

Reactions: LuckyCent

RBV2909

May 7, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
20-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2019
I contacted Goodale twice - May 9th and August 15th. His office response both times were identical.

Criminality - Passed
Security - Not started
Info Sharing - Complete

If I were you I would've contacted the PM already. Contacting the MPs are known to help if you are constituent. They put an effort if you are from their constituency otherwise they will only send a general enquiry. That's why I haven't wasted time contacting even Goodale. My application's due date was 26 June, since then 4 more due dates came and went. Yesterday the agent told me these are not potential completion dates, instead these are just the dates the Visa officer might look into your file. Even then there is not guarantee that he will. He could decide to postpone the date as many times as he likes before he finally look into it. My visa officer keeps postponing it without any inputs or updates. Next one is on September 22 and I have no hope he will work even then, he will most definitely postpone it for another 2 weeks or a month.
Your situation kinda proves one of the agents told me about the Visa Officers are free to work at their own will and pace. even after 3 enquiries from the MPs, no one has asked him/her why your application is delayed like this. He doesn't have to provide any explanation. I asked several time, if there is any complication with my file and every time I was told only the visa officer would know. When I asked if there is any explanation on why this gentleman keeps postponing the date to work on my file instead of working on it, I was told only the visa officer would know and he doesn't have to provide an answer to why he is not working on a specific file. even if they send him that question it will take weeks to get a reply and the reply will simply be he needs more time.
I really have had enough.

rosu1991

Sep 6, 2019
Hi Everyone

I received ita on jan 30 and filed documents feb 27th. Sep 5th I got additional document to be submitted request. I need to submit additional family information imm 5046 form.
In my application I am not able to see any security criminaalty status.
So is it like that it (security vein snooty checking )has not started yet. It's already 6+ months now.
How long will it take? Any idea
And from where we can see visa office.
Today when I got additional document request I checked this forum and got to know about security crimanlity and visa office etc..

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance