+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****FEBRUARY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP INSIDE OF CANADA

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
Hi guys,

I've started this thread for outland spousal sponsorship inside of Canada category as I saw there are not quite a lot of people that chose to go this way, I was under the impression it will be faster than the inland category...

I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife who is on a visitor visa, we're both from the same origin.

Here are our dates :

PR APPLICATION SENT TO IRCC : February 1st, 2018
PR APPLICATION RECEIVED BY IRCC : February 2nd, 2018
PR AOR RECEIVED : March 7th, 2018
IRCC LETTER TO APPLY FOR CSQ : March 7th, 2018
CSQ APPLICATION SENT TO MIDI : March 8th, 2018
PR APPLICATION LINKED ONLINE: March 8th, 2018
CSQ APPLICATION RECEIVED BY MIDI : March 9th, 2018
MIDI CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD : March 16th, 2018
CSQ AOR RECEIVED : March 20th, 2018
CSQ RECEIVED : April 11th, 2018
BACKGROUND CHECK STARTED STATUS CHANGE : June 7th, 2018

My wife's visitor visa expires on the June 26th, so we applied for an extension on my May 25th.

Earlier, she had already applied online for a study permit (she's already got a CAQ from MIDI back in February) which got refused on the May 24th because apparently she needed to apply to LA Visa Office (pretty non-sense for me) which we did also on the May 28th ...

For that specific study permit she already was asked to undergo a medical exam which she passed successfully.

Please feel free to share your experience.

B.R

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
Also wanted to mention that we've sent the schedule A & the police certificate upfront with the PR application which at least turned to be the right choice given that they started to request it with the initial application by mid-February...

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
I really don't see what you mean. Outland is outland and there is a topic already and inland is inland same thing. Outland inside of canada is not a "class" or anything. The fact that she is staying in as a visitor because she has the status to do so as the outland application goes forward doesn't change anything application wise.

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
I really don't see what you mean. Outland is outland and there is a topic already and inland is inland same thing. Outland inside of canada is not a "class" or anything. The fact that she is staying in as a visitor because she has the status to do so as the outland application goes forward doesn't change anything application wise.
Maybe it isn't a category per say but there are many differences with an outland application outside of Canada, as the CPC is CPC-Mississauga (although some cases such as USA outland applications are processed in the same CPC), also I've seen that this kind of applications follows mainly the same path as inland applications in terms of handling : Medicals are not requested at the beginning of the application processing, etc...
So it's not a surprise that you see it in the application checklist as if it is a separate category when choosing the sponsorship category.
Also when I received AOR from IRCC, it was mentioning Inland SCLP next to the application number.
But I could be wrong...

Last edited:

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
I might be wrong but I believe your application will follow the same pattern as a normal Outland one. Mississauga processing is common for visa exempt countries in general, not so much related to the spouse being inside or outside canada at the moment of application

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
I might be wrong but I believe your application will follow the same pattern as a normal Outland one. Mississauga processing is common for visa exempt countries in general, not so much related to the spouse being inside or outside canada at the moment of application
I've compared my application timeline (you can see it in my signature) and status with outland applications outside of Canada, and I've seen that all of them already went through the Medical exam step whereas in my case, IRCC moved to the BGC step. And I've compared it against inland applications and found out it's almost following the same pace.
Also my spouse comes from a non - "Visa Exempt" country, so...

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
I had filed an online OWP application for my spouse (who lives with me here in Canada although we chose to apply as outland) on May 24th, and guess what on July 13th we received approval for the OWP (2 years duration) !!! I honestly was expecting it to get refused as I thought it's being granted only to inland applications...

I do really think they treat outland applications from inside Canada (PA physically living in Canada) as inland...

Should I withdraw her visitor visa extension application now or wait till IRCC does it themselves ?