Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Interview........
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2018
You are not alone, there are applicants from January and before still around from the very slowest VO's like Mexico. Right now, they are still trying to clear out the applicants from Oct to Dec 2016 there. There are quite a few people who applied from this time period who are just getting their interviews this month. I am also a Jan applicant and don't expect to hear any news until at least December because Mexico VO has to finish processing the 2016 applicants first. I think when they update the website as to processing times, they should list the VO's stats from this year .... Mexico City would be at the 10 - 12 month average processing time, at least lately. Are there many other Jan applicants going through your VO?
This really helps to realize that hopefully we are in the process which moves along. I am sorry to hear that Mexico VO is so slow. I am not quite sure if there is anyone still waiting from January/February application time in Rabat, Morocco VO, if someone is in the same situation from Rabat, please connect! Thank you!

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Hi! My Husband got his DM las October 1st and PPR October 2nd. :) Finally! Then, VOH on October 5th. He's coming here on November 18. :) yay!

It was in MVO

We submitted our application last February 28.

Anna

Last edited:

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
I absolutely agree...I also work in Regulatory Field in Pharmaceutical industry where we get Clarification Requests from Government of Canada with very strict deadlines which can not be moved or shifted and where specific information should be provided to them. The whole purpose of linking our applications to the account was to keep us updated on the progress of the files and to eliminate millions of calls the lines are clogged with. The problem now is that they are bombarded with all the inquiries like us where people get very concerned that they are missing some crucial updates from them. Obviously someone is not doing their jobs. In relation to MP, how could he/she help in this case?
I applied in January and our file was transferred to Accra VO. Since February we don't get any update. They didn't even start to process the file. I begin to be very concerned since most of February applicants has at least medical request. We sent a tons of message and nothing. Finally I called cic last Tuesday and they said it is very weird but they don't see any pending request on the file so all I can do is to continue to send them message and hope an answer. I call my MP office right after and got an appointment for Thursday to sign paper to give her access to file. In the meantime, Tuesday afternoon, my husband got an answer from Accra VO saying that everything is ok and the file is in queue. The same date we got an update on ECAS saying that we begin to process your application 17 October. Finaly Thursday afternoon my MP called and say actually they haven't already begin to process the file. So I nothing is wrong, we just have to wait. I don't know how they work, people who got their file transfered in the same VO in April have they application processed by August but February applicant have to wait until October after sending a lot of emails before get to the same stage. Until now nothing changes in the Cle GC account. I ia very stressful to wait in dark..

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I applied in January and our file was transferred to Accra VO. Since February we don't get any update. They didn't even start to process the file. I begin to be very concerned since most of February applicants has at least medical request. We sent a tons of message and nothing. Finally I called cic last Tuesday and they said it is very weird but they don't see any pending request on the file so all I can do is to continue to send them message and hope an answer. I call my MP office right after and got an appointment for Thursday to sign paper to give her access to file. In the meantime, Tuesday afternoon, my husband got an answer from Accra VO saying that everything is ok and the file is in queue. The same date we got an update on ECAS saying that we begin to process your application 17 October. Finaly Thursday afternoon my MP called and say actually they haven't already begin to process the file. So I nothing is wrong, we just have to wait. I don't know how they work, people who got their file transfered in the same VO in April have they application processed by August but February applicant have to wait until October after sending a lot of emails before get to the same stage. Until now nothing changes in the Cle GC account. I ia very stressful to wait in dark..
There is nothing fair about how apps are processed here. However, at this point, there is nothing we can do about it. I understand your frustration as I too have had to wait longer at certain stages while others sail through and have already gotten their PR visas. Hang in there, this will come to an end at some point and I hope you get good news sooner rather than later. If you really want to find out what is happening, if the sponsor is in Canada, order GCMS notes.

lasca

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
19-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Interview........
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2018
Hi! My Husband got his DM las October 1st and PPR October 2nd. :) Finally! Then, VOH on October 5th. He's coming here on November 18. :) yay!

It was in MVO

We submitted our application last February 28.

Anna
Congratulations, I am happy for both of you! Which VO are you in?

kayto82

Oct 24, 2017
Hi all,
First time writer, long time reader. I applied for PR back in February in the states under Family Sponsorship through my husband. He received notification about 2 months ago that a decision had been made in my case, but I have received nothing. It seems my application has been passed back and forth and back and forth between MVO and OVO. We've both reached out to inquire on the status of my application (my status has shown online as only Background check in process for the last 6 weeks), no DM, no PPR. It's very weird! My Medical was received and noted as passed back in July. Anyone else experience anything like this?

lasca

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
19-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Interview........
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2018
Hi all,
First time writer, long time reader. I applied for PR back in February in the states under Family Sponsorship through my husband. He received notification about 2 months ago that a decision had been made in my case, but I have received nothing. It seems my application has been passed back and forth and back and forth between MVO and OVO. We've both reached out to inquire on the status of my application (my status has shown online as only Background check in process for the last 6 weeks), no DM, no PPR. It's very weird! My Medical was received and noted as passed back in July. Anyone else experience anything like this?
Did you try to check here as well https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en? In my case I have different information on 2 different application status check up sites.

Last edited:

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
Thank you! I just checked now and it shows DM!...but I haven't received a PPR or anything yet. I hope everything is okay.
A lot of us are waiting for PPR from earlier this year. Some have taken over six Weeks.
Stay tuned!

lasca

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
19-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Interview........
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2018
Dear all, if any of you know and can advise: I just traveled to visit my husband in August and we had a vacation/honeymoon at the resort. I am just wondering should I send the boarding passes and pictures to VO via email as an additional information? I really do not want to annoy or irritate them. Thank you!

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
Dear all, if any of you know and can advise: I just traveled to visit my husband in August and we had a vacation/honeymoon at the resort. I am just wondering should I send the boarding passes and pictures to VO via email as an additional information? I really do not want to annoy or irritate them. Thank you!
I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon. If i were you I won't send anything. Just wait them to ask before but some people send additional documents even if they don't ask for anything. So it is up to you. But I don't think it will hurt them if you send unrequested documents. Good luck.

lasca

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
19-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Interview........
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2018
I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon. If i were you I won't send anything. Just wait them to ask before but some people send additional documents even if they don't ask for anything. So it is up to you. But I don't think it will hurt them if you send unrequested documents. Good luck.
Thank you...I might as well call CIC and ask...

lasca

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
19-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Interview........
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2018
I have had the same issue, and have a meeting with my MP tomorrow. Our status changed to "we require further documents to continue to process", but we have yet to receive a request, and it has been about 2 months. I order our notes, and there is no indication that anything is pending, but I want to have more certainty than that.
How was your meeting with MP? Hope you have some movement in the file!

Singgh

Oct 29, 2017
Hello All,
I sent out the application back in February and was received on Feb 7th. I am tired of all this waiting.
Got an email on March 3rd initially that the file has been transferred to New Delhi for further processing but the online application states that they started processing the application on October 03, 2017. Not sure what does that even mean and what was going on with the file for the last 7 or 8 months.
Need help please.
Thanks