09-06-2017
Med's Done....
16-06-2017 Medical Passed: 22-06-2017
Interview........
--- BGC started: 13-04-2017 DM :14-07-2017
Passport Req..
02-08-2017
Dee Cee 25 said:
From my understanding, PCC are valid for six months from the date of issue. You should be fine.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp >> "Police Certificates must be issued within six months before you apply."

I hope that helps.
yes i know that...my pcc still have 75 days validity,..

vaibhavshah45

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Dee Cee 25 said:
Hi Vaib, as promised here's an update after we sent my PA's Sched A through post. Just a bit of recap of my situation...

> Submitted Sched A through webform 3x but CIC never received it.
> Submitted Sched A (IMM 5669) through mail with tracking and signature and was received by CIC on April 20th.
> Asked CIC through written consent if they can give us an extension to submit PCC.

So earlier today, I called CIC and the agent was very helpful to put me on hold and called the officer handling our file. The agent said IMM 5669 was received and attached together with our application. Our request for extension was granted by the officer "internally". According to the agent, the officer put a note on our file and once they receive the PCC they will start processing the application on PA's local VO.

I sent this through the address P.O. Box 3000 (for outland applications) and they were able to forward it with the correct department. I double checked with the agent and he said, this is also where we should send our PCC as soon as we get it from my PA's country of residence.

I hope that helps to whoever is in the same situation. I am just posting here what the agent told me. I guess different agents point you in different directions. But oh well, I am so relieved that they received our file and granted our extension for submission of PCC.
Hi Dee
thanks for letting me about status of your application.Its good that they have received your IMM 5669 and forwarded to the right department.
I am also hoping in same way that once they receive my IMM 5669 and PCC they should forward to the right department.
I am also hoping soon that they should issue my SA as its been more that 50 days after i received my AOR.
Good luck with your file,please keep me posted.
thanks

Pepe_Lupardo87

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
majesty said:
Thank you for sharing your experience. I really appreciate it! Wow, I can't believe that there is no option for a person outside of Canada to be able to obtain fingerprints. I think if they request this, they need to provide applicants with more specific information on how to obtain these fingerprints in their own country. My partner is in the same boat ... he has no clue where to get these fingerprints done, in the event they will ask him to provide them. I don't know if he has the ability to come to Canada to submit them when the time comes. At this point, he is at a loss of what to do.

I hope you receive some good new soon after all your efforts!
Well the process of obtaining them here could have worked but not for me particular. Its a very complex and confusing thing but you can actually use a fingerprint agency from outside canada.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/who-can-conduct-criminal-record-check#ac
Maybe check that out and it works for you?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Pepe_Lupardo87 said:
Well the process of obtaining them here could have worked but not for me particular. Its a very complex and confusing thing but you can actually use a fingerprint agency from outside canada.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/who-can-conduct-criminal-record-check#ac
Maybe check that out and it works for you?
Thanks for passing on the link. We have looked at the that webpage before and actually contacted one of the accredited companies. The problem for my partner was in finding someone who actually would do the fingerprints as it says on the forms for the companies there must be a signature provided by the person taking the fingerprints. This morning my partner said that a notary in Chile might be able to take the fingerprints. The issue that remains for us is the translation of the paperwork for the fingerprinting company. The notaries in Chile will only sign documents in Spanish (the official language). We are in the process of finding out whether the translations need to be notarized/certified, so will need to find the appropriate translator now.

I understand what you said about it a being a process ... way more work than what they make it sound like on the website, depending on what the situation is like in the country where the fingerprints are obtained. If I ever get through this whole process, I'd like to put out a how-to-guide on how to do all the things not mentioned in the website!

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
anyone else have any updates?
The spread sheet looks a little messed up from what I can tell.

has anyone called into the CIC and how did the call go?

rcspousalsponsorship

Star Member
Feb 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
PCC and Schedule A Feb 22, 2017
AOR Received.
Feb 22, 2017
File Transfer...
April 02, 2017
Passport Req..
Hope it'll be soon
Masonb6888 said:
anyone else have any updates?
The spread sheet looks a little messed up from what I can tell.

has anyone called into the CIC and how did the call go?
Seems as though we have similar timeline, I got request for Schedule A and PCC, have you?

KSA1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

Need help on linking my application, I'm trying to link with provided steps but still unable to do so below is the error

Based on the information you entered, we found no applications.

What do I do next?

You may have made a mistake entering your information. Go back and try to enter it again. You can only try to link an application five times in 24 hours.

I tried for 5 times and then it locks this feature for 24hrs, Does anyone experienced the same issue. Appreciate prompt response

c.varo16

Feb 6, 2017
United States
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
File Transfer...
19-05-2017
Med's Request
31-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
KSA1 said:
Hi Guys,

Need help on linking my application, I'm trying to link with provided steps but still unable to do so below is the error

Based on the information you entered, we found no applications.

What do I do next?

You may have made a mistake entering your information. Go back and try to enter it again. You can only try to link an application five times in 24 hours.

I tried for 5 times and then it locks this feature for 24hrs, Does anyone experienced the same issue. Appreciate prompt response
We had the same problem but figured it out after 5 tries. There's a part that asks you how many people are included on your application. We kept putting "1" since it was only me applying for permanent residency. But the directions state to include the sponsor as well. It worked as soon as we put "2"

If you didn't make the same mistake, I know there have been a TON of "technical difficulties" with the website so it may be on their end...

KSA1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
c.varo16 said:
We had the same problem but figured it out after 5 tries. There's a part that asks you how many people are included on your application. We kept putting "1" since it was only me applying for permanent residency. But the directions state to include the sponsor as well. It worked as soon as we put "2"

If you didn't make the same mistake, I know there have been a TON of "technical difficulties" with the website so it may be on their end...
Thanks for this, Yes I tried by putting 2 and after 5 tries it locked me for 24hrs.. Wondering what to do :'(

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
rcspousalsponsorship said:
Seems as though we have similar timeline, I got request for Schedule A and PCC, have you?
Sent those upfront with my application

Db1980

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
07-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-03-2017
Interview........
Not required
Hi,

Update:

Just received email that our application has been transferred to Ottawa.

Email came to me (Sponsor)...

rockycool

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
Hi All,

I am a Jan 2017 applicant and haven't received the medical request yet even though people (belonging to the same VO) who had applied with me have also received earlier this week. Hence a bit worried and anxious now to know the status of my application.

Is there any way I could understand at what stage my application is in ?

Any help or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Pepe_Lupardo87

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
majesty said:
Thanks for passing on the link. We have looked at the that webpage before and actually contacted one of the accredited companies. The problem for my partner was in finding someone who actually would do the fingerprints as it says on the forms for the companies there must be a signature provided by the person taking the fingerprints. This morning my partner said that a notary in Chile might be able to take the fingerprints. The issue that remains for us is the translation of the paperwork for the fingerprinting company. The notaries in Chile will only sign documents in Spanish (the official language). We are in the process of finding out whether the translations need to be notarized/certified, so will need to find the appropriate translator now.

I understand what you said about it a being a process ... way more work than what they make it sound like on the website, depending on what the situation is like in the country where the fingerprints are obtained. If I ever get through this whole process, I'd like to put out a how-to-guide on how to do all the things not mentioned in the website!
Sorry I couldnt be of more help. I totally agree with you. Its way more effort than the website states. Especially in countries where you can not just go to your local police office to obtain fingerprints.

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
can anyone suggest that how long SVO takes to send the medical request if it was not sent upfront .. ? i allready booked for my medical exam 1 month before nd hoping that they will send the req in the mean time .. but now someone said they ask it long with the passport req ..is that correct ? if its like that then i might cancel the medical appointment for now until i get the req .. where i live it take upto 1 and half month to get an appointment ..so thats why booked it earlier .. any advice would be greatly appreciated ..

Thanks ..

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Pepe_Lupardo87 said:
Sorry I couldnt be of more help. I totally agree with you. Its way more effort than the website states. Especially in countries where you can not just go to your local police office to obtain fingerprints.
No worries, I appreciate you sharing what has been your experience. It helps me to gauge what might happen because this whole process is full of so many uncertainties. It's good to know what actually happened to others because often there might be different scenarios that can play out.

My partner has an appointment next Tuesday at a specific police station which the embassy recommended going to in order to obtain the fingerprints. So we are making progress!

Hope your journey is also progressing and that you will reach the end soon!

Cheers!