+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 * OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLIC*

gcamargo

Oct 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I'm kind of worried about the process. So far we have only received three messages from CIC.

The first one said that our application was received. The second one is the one saying that we linked our application to my partner's GCKey (we did this following steps mentioned in Canadavisa's forum we never received anything from CIC to do this).The third one came with the subject CTDM - OVS Sponsorship Eligibility Decision FCP FXXXXXXXX (This email came with a PDF attachment that said)

We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will continue to hold the associated Application for Permanent Residence awaiting the submission of a completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM5669).

A request has or will be sent directly to the principal applicant with instructions outlining the requirements for submission of the Schedule A to CPC-Mississauga. If your principal applicant or their representative has not yet received this request, or an invitation to link their application to My CIC, it will be sent in the next 5 business days. Your PA or their representative should also check their junk mail in the email account provided at the time of application submission.

Now, the weirdest part is that MyCIC doesn't show our application status in any way when we go to check status and messages. In the same place, if we click on view application submitted nothing shows up.

In the status list, it shows every step of the process, but it just shows an icon showing what it means, there is no status at all.

Can anyone tell me when was the first time the statuses and the submitted application became visible?

Thanks a lot for your feedeback.

Cheers,

Gustavo & Mei

PrinceOfPersia

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga/London
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017;SA Received.:06-03-17
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-03-2017;Med's Passed.:28-03-17
Passport Req..
14-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2017
Apr 19, 2016
Got a text message (new pilot) saying the application had been received 21st February, but have heard nothing since. Should we be worried? I thought most people said they'd received sponsor approval within a month or so. Applied outland from the UK.

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
bijoustrollette said:
Got a text message (new pilot) saying the application had been received 21st February, but have heard nothing since. Should we be worried? I thought most people said they'd received sponsor approval within a month or so. Applied outland from the UK.
I dont think you need to be worried.
Give IRCC a call and find out.
Have you received a File # or UCI?

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
gcamargo said:
Hello guys,

I'm kind of worried about the process. So far we have only received three messages from CIC.

The first one said that our application was received. The second one is the one saying that we linked our application to my partner's GCKey (we did this following steps mentioned in Canadavisa's forum we never received anything from CIC to do this).The third one came with the subject CTDM - OVS Sponsorship Eligibility Decision FCP FXXXXXXXX (This email came with a PDF attachment that said)

We are pleased to inform that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.

The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga will continue to hold the associated Application for Permanent Residence awaiting the submission of a completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM5669).

A request has or will be sent directly to the principal applicant with instructions outlining the requirements for submission of the Schedule A to CPC-Mississauga. If your principal applicant or their representative has not yet received this request, or an invitation to link their application to My CIC, it will be sent in the next 5 business days. Your PA or their representative should also check their junk mail in the email account provided at the time of application submission.

Now, the weirdest part is that MyCIC doesn't show our application status in any way when we go to check status and messages. In the same place, if we click on view application submitted nothing shows up.

In the status list, it shows every step of the process, but it just shows an icon showing what it means, there is no status at all.

Can anyone tell me when was the first time the statuses and the submitted application became visible?

Thanks a lot for your feedeback.

Cheers,

Gustavo & Mei
Our application status changed since we linked the application!

natzau94

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
File Transfer...
25-07-2017
bijoustrollette said:
Very similar situation in my case.

My partner who is applying as my sponsor (Canadian citizen) and I (Polish) sent our application on February 10th. According to the tracking number, it was safely received in the PO 3000 in Mississauga 11 days later. Since then, we have been keeping our eyes peeled for an email notification, but nothing so far.

Could someone who recently applied under the same category advise us on how long did it take until they received the initial response from CIC?

As advised by one user on this forum (Officer - thank you!), we tried calling CIC. Unfortunately, outland applicants cannot use the calling centre services. We filled out a form online and outlined our situation last week. So far no response.

The user Officer advised us to contact MP, but we have no clue how to go about that, especially from afar (we live in the UK).

Could you please share your experience?

Apr 19, 2016
Tdot_Boy said:
Thanks very much for your response. Very similar to natzau94 above - we're in the UK so can't call IRCC, unless there's a number you can use from here? We have no reference number to put into the online forms so are feeling a bit in limbo!

natzau94

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
File Transfer...
25-07-2017
bijoustrollette said:
Thanks very much for your response. Very similar to natzau94 above - we're in the UK so can't call IRCC, unless there's a number you can use from here? We have no reference number to put into the online forms so are feeling a bit in limbo!
Same here, but we filled out the form by choosing an option that does not require the ref number - if I recall correctly we chose the "Technical Issues" one, and then followed with our application's details, but without the ref number. On this note, it was extremely annoying to fill out the correct form for the Common Law/Spousal Outland application, where it said that the ref number is not required, to then find out there's a glitch and the ref number section left empty is highlighted.. It's really confusing.. You should be able to submit such a form regardless of whether you have the ref number, or not.

gcamargo

Oct 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tdot_Boy said:
Our application status changed since we linked the application!
I will try to call next Monday, it is just worrisome.

Please, I encourage all other people in the forum to let me know their situation.

Cheers,

Gustavo

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
gcamargo said:
I will try to call next Monday, it is just worrisome.

Please, I encourage all other people in the forum to let me know their situation.

Cheers,

Gustavo
Have you looked at the February timeline?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17bcTQjmDGkVHSKNHqqdsZfQkixaFJaffodQ2kBR7gaU/edit#gid=0

Check it out to get a good sense

Apr 19, 2016
natzau94 said:
Same here, but we filled out the form by choosing an option that does not require the ref number - if I recall correctly we chose the "Technical Issues" one, and then followed with our application's details, but without the ref number. On this note, it was extremely annoying to fill out the correct form for the Common Law/Spousal Outland application, where it said that the ref number is not required, to then find out there's a glitch and the ref number section left empty is highlighted.. It's really confusing.. You should be able to submit such a form regardless of whether you have the ref number, or not.
Same - I just had to type 'Unkown' into the form for the UCI and it let me submit the question. After that it stated that we wouldn't get a response, however, if we are within the standard processing time, which we obviously are since that is 12 months! Not holding out much hope for a response. I suppose we'll wait a little longer...

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PrinceOfPersia said:
I checked GCkey a few minutes ago and it says "You passed the medical exam". Yayyyy!! at least something got changed now :)
Hi PrinceofPersia
CONGRATS on passing Medical:
I have seen your timelines and seems you didn't saw request to submit Sch A and PCC thru CIC my account. Could you share when (date) and how you submitted the Sch A and PCC and after how many days you got Medical Request. I also assume your app is now trf to NDVO while you are waiting for AOR 2.
Thanks,

PrinceOfPersia

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga/London
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017;SA Received.:06-03-17
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-03-2017;Med's Passed.:28-03-17
Passport Req..
14-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2017
ak_indi said:
Hi PrinceofPersia
CONGRATS on passing Medical:
I have seen your timelines and seems you didn't saw request to submit Sch A and PCC thru CIC my account. Could you share when (date) and how you submitted the Sch A and PCC and after how many days you got Medical Request. I also assume your app is now trf to NDVO while you are waiting for AOR 2.
Thanks,
Hi AK,

Thanks!
We got a letter from CIC on March 10th to submit Schd A and PCC. I have uploaded the requested documents using IRCC web form. We got the request to do medicals on March 15th, 5 days after receiving request for Schd A and PCC. I don't know where my file got transferred because I haven't received any email regarding file transfer to VO. I am still waiting for them to let me know which VO they're going to forward the APP.

IRCC web form link --> https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I hope that answers your question.

natzau94

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
File Transfer...
25-07-2017
Tdot_Boy said:
Is there a number that you can call being outside of Canada, though?

We tried calling the IRCC number for inland and navigate our way around, but no luck. When you call the instructions state you shouldn't be calling if your're outside Canada and instead you should fill out an online form. Which we did, but it's not the same as talking to a real person and outlining the situation.

If you have a number for outland applicants, or a way around it, could you please let me know?

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks but appreciate if you could explain a bit on following

PrinceOfPersia said:
We got a letter from CIC on March 10th to submit Schd A and PCC.
How did you received this letter? mail or email or in my CIC Account or both

PrinceOfPersia said:
I have uploaded the requested documents using IRCC web form.
I assume you uploaded docs on Mar 10th itself. Did you also sent thru mail/post as well?

PrinceOfPersia said:
We got the request to do medicals on March 15th, 5 days after receiving request for Schd A and PCC.
How did you received medical request? email or mycic account or both?

The reason I want to look into these details is to understand how the glitch in my CIC account affects the future correspondence.
Thanks and appreciate your help.