08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
RPWallace said:
You have 7 days to link your application otherwise you will have to call them.
You need access to get further notifications from them so I'd do it ASAP.
Hi i just read on the cic website it says they will send an email to PA which is me to link the application and that email will have the instruction as well ..so i think i should wait for that right .. um little confused as u said i have only 7 days now ..

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Tajnuba said:
Hi i just read on the cic website it says they will send an email to PA which is me to link the application and that email will have the instruction as well ..so i think i should wait for that right .. um little confused as u said i have only 7 days now ..
You don't need to wait for that. You can try to link at any point after it arrived in the mailroom if you choose. Now, the odds of being able to link before a certain point are low, but there's absolutely no reason not to attempt to do so. It will not harm anything.

I linked my application a week before getting AOR1. While that was with the old application kit, other recent applicants have had success linking before AOR1 as well. If you link prior to that, you'll likely see a temporary application number that starts with an X. Around the time you receive AOR1, the X will be dropped from the front of the application number.

singhamr

Feb 24, 2017
kainthsimranjit said:
Received a request for PCC and Schedule A yesterday.

My lawyer informed me that they received a letter yesterday (by post). The letter is dated 22nd Feb and we need to submit the two docs by April 1st.

Did everyone received a letter or email for the above mentioned docs.
Hello kainthsimranjit,

When I linked my wife application with GCKey, she immediately received an email You have a new message in your account for application.

In message box they requested for Schedule A and PCC, no regular mail or post.

Timeline below:
Application sent through Canada Post (Xpresspost): Feb 14, 2017
File received: Feb 16, 2017
AOR received: March 03, 2017
Application linked: March 04, 2017
Schedule A and PCC request: March 04, 2017

singhamr

Feb 24, 2017
Hello All,

In case someone is getting confused regarding Police Certificates (Multiple) (required), please refer below:

I called CIC as I had confusion regarding Police Certificates (Multiple) (required) is showing in my wife's account and she had no travel history of abroad except 5 days honeymoon.

CIC agent advised that you need to submit whatsoever is applicable to you.

If is NOT mentioned in the direct correspondence from CIC i.e. email or in GCKey login account under messages, it is not required to submit multiple.

As per agent Police Certificates (Multiple) (required) is a standard format on the website where we upload the documents.

I hope this information helps.

PrinceOfPersia

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga/London
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017;SA Received.:06-03-17
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-03-2017;Med's Passed.:28-03-17
Passport Req..
14-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2017
I spoke with CIC regarding an issue with linking my application. They're asking me to fill the form and contact Technical team, I already filled the form and they're saying it'll take 10 days for Technical team to help. Isn't that crazy? 10 days?? Woah. Having said that the guy with CIC sent me another link (IRCC Web form) where you can upload your schedule A Background form. I guess I have to use this form to upload Sched A form for now until I'd be able link our App.

Also I got an update from CIC that you can trying linking the app even after 7 days so it's not a biggie. CIC will give 7 days time so that you'd be able to link and upload any required documents and during that time they'll not send any email or try not to contact you get documents from you. You could still try to link the app after 7 days.

Good luck all :)

Rykz

Feb 27, 2017
Can anyone tell me if this is an AoR?

"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/02/22 on behalf of the following member(s):"

MissFirefly

Sep 18, 2015
Rykz said:
Can anyone tell me if this is an AoR?

"This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2017/02/22 on behalf of the following member(s):"
Yes, this is AOR1

miss_tizzle

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Sask
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
20-06-2017
PrinceOfPersia said:
I spoke with CIC regarding an issue with linking my application. They're asking me to fill the form and contact Technical team, I already filled the form and they're saying it'll take 10 days for Technical team to help. Isn't that crazy? 10 days?? Woah. Having said that the guy with CIC sent me another link (IRCC Web form) where you can upload your schedule A Background form. I guess I have to use this form to upload Sched A form for now until I'd be able link our App.

Also I got an update from CIC that you can trying linking the app even after 7 days so it's not a biggie. CIC will give 7 days time so that you'd be able to link and upload any required documents and during that time they'll not send any email or try not to contact you get documents from you. You could still try to link the app after 7 days.

Good luck all :)
Glad there is still a way for you to upload your documents without waiting the additional 10 days for tech to sort that out for you. Also glad you got through to someone too!

Tajnuba

Jan 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Singapoore
App. Filed.......
27-02-2017
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
File Transfer...
21-04-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Interview........
07-11-2017
Passport Req..
15/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/15/2017
danawhitaker said:
You don't need to wait for that. You can try to link at any point after it arrived in the mailroom if you choose. Now, the odds of being able to link before a certain point are low, but there's absolutely no reason not to attempt to do so. It will not harm anything.

I linked my application a week before getting AOR1. While that was with the old application kit, other recent applicants have had success linking before AOR1 as well. If you link prior to that, you'll likely see a temporary application number that starts with an X. Around the time you receive AOR1, the X will be dropped from the front of the application number.
thanks for correcting me .. also if i link my application now and see a req for pcc and schedule A ..should i upload that before getting the SA email ?

PrinceOfPersia

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga/London
App. Filed.......
09-02-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017;SA Received.:06-03-17
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-03-2017;Med's Passed.:28-03-17
Passport Req..
14-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2017
miss_tizzle said:
Glad there is still a way for you to upload your documents without waiting the additional 10 days for tech to sort that out for you. Also glad you got through to someone too!
Yeah me too. Thanks!

But seriously they have to fix that glitch in their system so that linking an APP wouldn't be that difficult.

Reichel

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
danawhitaker said:

How did you link your app without the AOR1, been trying for a week but no luck.

Nanami

Jul 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
dvmama said:
We submitted our imm5409 which was done in 2013. On the checking list it is required but we thought it might be good to summit it. It is easy to get it done ,just download the form and go to any Canadian embassy and take an oath . This is a legal document for your common law relation . You might not provide enough evidence to prove your relation . Like it is said in the letter from cic ,joint account ,joint ownership,insurance,joint lease will help. By the way , which office is your go from ?

Ok, thank you. We will look for one here :).
Oh ok, but we dont have a lease :/... and we couldnt get a joint account because they said her home bank is in Manitoba. :-[

We sent it to Mississauga but then it got sent to Ottawa.

dvmama

Feb 3, 2017
Can anyone tell how to check the message after you link your application.I was told that after linking my application,the system will request 5669 by default. I linked my application and check message ,there was nothing there. Did I do smithing wrong ? I checked Ecas,it says "We sent you correspondence on March 9, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required." I assume this means police clearance and 5669. Buy I didn't get any request of them.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Tajnuba said:
thanks for correcting me .. also if i link my application now and see a req for pcc and schedule A ..should i upload that before getting the SA email ?
I would upload any requested documents as soon as they're asked for.

Reichel said:
How did you link your app without the AOR1, been trying for a week but no luck.
The same way everyone linked their accounts. I think there are quite a few posts floating around with the suggestions for what to do (space for city of birth, all that jazz). I obviously had to use the Family Name option because I didn't have the application number or a UCI number yet. In my specific situation, the reason I had trouble linking initially was because for some reason the number of people on the application was entered as 1. Most people seem to have luck with using 2.

The frustrating part about not being able to link is not knowing which variable is off. We tried for quite a while before I stumbled onto someone else suggesting trying 1 as the number of applicants, and that nailed it for me. That's the sort of thing that may or may not work for you. I haven't seen a lot of people talking about running into that lately, so it may have been a fluke back in October when I was at that point.

FCS

Feb 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HKVO
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
I just received CIC's email asking to upload Schedule A and police certificates. But when I logged in to MyCIC account (it was my husband's account and my application has already been linked), there's still no document request. The status of my application still show the following:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What's wrong here? Is this because my IO hasn't updated my account status yet?