Pepe_Lupardo87

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You wont get a dedicated E-Mail that states your Background Check has started. All you see is the changed status in your MyGCKey. For the timeline how long it will take from that moment until you receive a decision. That can be absolutely anything. What gagan292 said that wou will get a decision within a week is highly unliekly. But you can be happy, your application is on its right way. Now you just have to wait for decision made. However long that will take no one can answer you that.

Reactions: msapkota

Masonb6888

Jan 9, 2016
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
Feb .06. 2017
Doc's Request.
Oct 10, 13. (Updated PCC, and StatDeca Common-law)
AOR Received.
Feb .23. 2017
File Transfer...
OB570 Stream (stayed in Mississauga)/ Oct 30. 2017 (BGC in progress)
Med's Request
Passed: Mar.3.2017
Med's Done....
Oct. 28. 2016
Passport Req..
Nov. 01. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22. 2017
LANDED..........
Nov. 24. 2017
You wont get a dedicated E-Mail that states your Background Check has started. All you see is the changed status in your MyGCKey. For the timeline how long it will take from that moment until you receive a decision. That can be absolutely anything. What gagan292 said that wou will get a decision within a week is highly unliekly. But you can be happy, your application is on its right way. Now you just have to wait for decision made. However long that will take no one can answer you that.
Anyone know how long BGC takes?

Tdot_Boy

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
File Transfer...
20-03-2017... 3rd line...: 13-04-2017
Med's Request
17-07-2017
Med's Done....
19-07-2017
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2017
Hello Guys, my GCKey timeline changed to the following:

Where is this application? Details Help

Application status----------------------------We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility --------------------------We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results------------------You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents---------We do not need additional documents.
Interview------------------------------------------You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics----------------------------------------We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check-----------------------------Not applicable
Final decision------------------------------------Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has made.

My "Background check" changed from: "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check." to "Not applicable.".

Does anyone knows what does that mean ??

Thank you all
From what I have read in the forum, Not Applicable means that it has been completed!

ESHT2101

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Doc's Request.
29-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
File Transfer...
31-06-2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
27-07-2017
Guys need help! So everyone knows that myCIC have some currently technical issues like update status but no request message. I also got the medical status changed which is they request me for medical. My husband called CIC for 10 times ,but they are currently so bz that no one received. But he checked the status by voice service from CIC ,It said that they request me medical.Now the question is without the request form how could I do my medical ?? Anyone have any idea ?? Thank you!

rebeccaps

May 26, 2017
Peru/Canada
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
08/05/2017
Doc's Request.
09/05/2017
Hi! I am the spouse of a May applicant... but I was looking for some information...
They haven't requested anything yet... but I wanted to find out while I'm preparing everything....
In terms of uploading the Schedule A? How is that done? As well as thee submission of the 3 police certificates and translations? How do they want that submitted? And thee medical exam results? Thanks!

Pepe_Lupardo87

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone know how long BGC takes?
I think the usual is about a month, if you are a "normal" "easy" case. In my case they had to request an additional pcc with fingerprints, that took another month off of our timeline.

ktaj

Oct 19, 2014
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
January 31st 2017
Doc's Request.
March 14 2017
AOR Received.
March 02,2017
File Transfer...
March 20, 2017
Med's Request
22-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Im a January 31st 2017 applicant.. I was told on phone that the medical request has been mailed to Abu Dhabi on March 07 2017 but my husband kept checking every day NOTHING there. I called cic so many times they keep saying that your file is now transferred to LVO and u should contact them. I emailed LVO and they replied me back that my file is still in initial stage and they will let me know once they need additional documents. On my cic account its says we are reviewing your medical results... its really confusing how can they start reviewing if we still haven't got the medical request. Please someone help me

Where is this application?
Details Help
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: AnisaAwais

Dawn63

May 3, 2017
Hi all,
So after sending the PCC and the schedule A twice and calling the CIC call centre MULTIPLE times, finally 2 weeks ago, we received an email saying the documents were received.

And then today, we received an email saying our file was transferred to Ankara!! I don't understand WHY Ankara!!! My husband is a green hard holder living in the US! I thought they were going to send us to Ottawa. What does this mean now? Does he have to travel to Ankara or mail his passport to Ankara to get his PR?? Anybody knows????

Gagan292

Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 April 2017
AOR Received.
5 May 2017
For his above post i mean to say when the gckey status shows we started your background check only then it will change dm soon approx a week. As I saw so many posts here where applicant have their background check started and they got their dm the next day. If it shows we will msg you once we start the background check then it takes a while. I hope its cleared now.

Gagan292

Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 April 2017
AOR Received.
5 May 2017
how..? as it is written that
background check in progress. will msg when start background check?
what this mean? is it processing of not?
Sorry you didn't mentioned the full line as they will send you a message once they start background check. I thought they already started your background check. So it might take a while for you. Now a days people are getting dm in about 3-4 months after getting AOR2. Some of them getting early while others have to wait long. So it all depends on the VO. On an average is about 3-4 months wait after AOR2. I hope it helps.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Sorry you didn't mentioned the full line as they will send you a message once they start background check. I thought they already started your background check. So it might take a while for you. Now a days people are getting dm in about 3-4 months after getting AOR2. Some of them getting early while others have to wait long. So it all depends on the VO. On an average is about 3-4 months wait after AOR2. I hope it helps.
Just to clarify some information, my app was received on Jan 25 and on my GCKey account, it has been saying that my background check has been in progress since the beginning of March (at the time I got SA). It went straight to that without showing the next step is to do background check. However, I don't think that they are anywhere close to being done my background check, as I only got AOR2 on May 26 and got the "we started processing your application on May 4" on eCAS. Also they haven't requested our PCC from Canada, and they should need that to complete the background check. I would tend to agree with Pepe_Lupardo27, it really depends on the VO. Each one of them seems to do things differently. If DM were to come a week after the background check went into progress, then we would have finished with this a long time ago!

Gagan292

Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 April 2017
AOR Received.
5 May 2017
Just to clarify some information, my app was received on Jan 25 and on my GCKey account, it has been saying that my background check has been in progress since the beginning of March (at the time I got SA). It went straight to that without showing the next step is to do background check. However, I don't think that they are anywhere close to being done my background check, as I only got AOR2 on May 26 and got the "we started processing your application on May 4" on eCAS. Also they haven't requested our PCC from Canada, and they should need that to complete the background check. I would tend to agree with Pepe_Lupardo27, it really depends on the VO. Each one of them seems to do things differently. If DM were to come a week after the background check went into progress, then we would have finished with this a long time ago!
I am just clarifying because some applicants got this. But thats for sure this all depends on VO to VO. As after march Mississauga is doing most of the work before transferring it to VO. As you applied in January and got AOR2 in may. I applied in April and I am done with everything same as you and i got AOR2 on 17 may. Thanks

Reactions: STARY

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I am just clarifying because some applicants got this. But thats for sure this all depends on VO to VO. As after march Mississauga is doing most of the work before transferring it to VO. As you applied in January and got AOR2 in may. I applied in April and I am done with everything same as you and i got AOR2 on 17 may. Thanks
It's good for you, hopefully you get through this process faster. Unfortunately my partner is from S. America and our app has to go through Mexico. I'm pretty sure they are one of the slowest if not the slowest VO on the planet. It takes them twice as long or longer to get to the same stage as many other VO's. One just has to have patience, I guess.

Gagan292

Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 April 2017
AOR Received.
5 May 2017
Sorry my mistake file transfered to NDVO on may 17 and AOR2 on 31 may.

Reactions: majesty