Interview........
waived...
Passport Req..
07-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2012
LANDED..........
13 Nov 2012
Congratulations. We were at the same ceremony. It's crazy how close our timelines are..

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 2, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 3, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 24, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 21, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 14, 2017 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. You became a Canadian citizen on July 14, 2017.
looks like you guys were on the race but in the end you both took the first place

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Took the Citizenship Oath yesterday! One last line added to ecas :)
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 1, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on March 6, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 28, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 19, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on June 21, 2017 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 14, 2017 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats!!!

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Congratulations. We were at the same ceremony. It's crazy how close our timelines are..

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 20, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 2, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 24, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Congrats !!!!

Mgee403

Jul 4, 2017
Do you get the oath taking invitation first via mail before the update invitation online? Mine is decision made for about almost 3 months now, i live in calgary and i just called and they said tht everything looks good and done and she said to just wait that the invitation will come in a few weeks or so.

Jul 19, 2017
Hello !

I need your help guys! Here is my timeline & I submitted my application in Vancouver BC.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 21, 2017.
I am just wondering like how come other Feb applications got their oat-taking or or the exam last April or June. For some reason no changes on my timeline? I just wanna ask if their is anyone here is experiencing the same timeline as mine? What should I do now? Thank you!

STS20

Mar 5, 2017
Hello !

I need your help guys! Here is my timeline & I submitted my application in Vancouver BC.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 21, 2017.
I am just wondering like how come other Feb applications got their oat-taking or or the exam last April or June. For some reason no changes on my timeline? I just wanna ask if their is anyone here is experiencing the same timeline as mine? What should I do now? Thank you!
I have almost the same timeline as yours but Mississauga office. I don't know why Jan and Feb applicants penalized? Applicants from Mar and Apr have the oath letters in their hands. And we are still waiting for Test invite.

BTW, i called IRCC today. They said your applications cleared all the required verification and move to next step and that is " Citizenship Test". All i have to do is to wait.

Also, i told them that i will be travelling in Sept that is important i can't move my flight, so they added an extra line in my case that please don't schedule Test or Oath during these days. My Question here: Does it effect my application? Please comment

d-patch

Apr 17, 2017
Hello !

Hi I'm in the same boat exactly. I am from Langley (Vancouver area) and mine is in process since march 9th.

It's very frustrating I agree! My theory is that certain origin countries take longer to process security clearance etc. but who know it seems random

Reactions: ssherwani

ssherwani

Oct 12, 2012
Hi I'm in the same boat exactly. I am from Langley (Vancouver area) and mine is in process since march 9th.

It's very frustrating I agree! My theory is that certain origin countries take longer to process security clearance etc. but who know it seems random
Guys I am in same boat. My office is Scarborough and my application is in process since February. Nothing afterwards and I can't tell how disappointing it feels.

Jul 19, 2017
I have almost the same timeline as yours but Mississauga office. I don't know why Jan and Feb applicants penalized? Applicants from Mar and Apr have the oath letters in their hands. And we are still waiting for Test invite.

BTW, i called IRCC today. They said your applications cleared all the required verification and move to next step and that is " Citizenship Test". All i have to do is to wait.

Also, i told them that i will be travelling in Sept that is important i can't move my flight, so they added an extra line in my case that please don't schedule Test or Oath during these days. My Question here: Does it effect my application? Please comment
I am so frustrated right now just because we shouldn't be waiting for that long ! I phoned in CIC today and I asked about my application . Unfortunately , she can't give me any information about my application . She said I just need to wait until they made a decision on my application . I also asked her if their is any delays whatsoever, but she didn't say anything . Anyhow , I can't do anything now I guess I just have to wait for few more months !

Jul 19, 2017
Guys I am in same boat. My office is Scarborough and my application is in process since February. Nothing afterwards and I can't tell how disappointing it feels.
Same here ! No update yet . I phoned in today but the agent can't give me an exact update . She keeps on saying "you just have to wait"! Like c'mon I've been waiting for 4 months & counting now....

Kev787

Apr 19, 2017
looks like the average processing time is more like 6 months now. Still waiting for my test invite.

City: Vancouver/Surrey
Days: 2036
App Sent: Feb 10, 2017
AOR: Feb 21, 2017
In Process: Feb 23, 2017

Jul 19, 2017

It's very frustrating I agree! My theory is that certain origin countries take longer to process security clearance etc. but who know it seems random[/QUOT

Please update us if you have any update in your application.