+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Hello Friends....... I think we should show some patience as process time is 12 months and we just applied in month of February.... we have waited 4 years..... can't we wait for just couple of months lol .... in end I'm sure every 1 will get it it's just matter of time ... have good day all.
Please speak for yourself. We have waited longer than a decade

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
One very last question(s) please:

Q9.C - Quebec's Permanent List of Electors: should I leave it blank or click "NO"? I don't reside in Quebec.

Q9. F- Language instructions for newcomers to Canada - LINC:
Should I leave it blank or click "NO"?
I am not using LINC.
Thanks.

younes123

Nov 23, 2015
One very last question(s) please:

Q9.C - Quebec's Permanent List of Electors: should I leave it blank or click "NO"? I don't reside in Quebec.

Q9. F- Language instructions for newcomers to Canada - LINC:
Should I leave it blank or click "NO"?
I am not using LINC.
Thanks.
You may answer No to both questions.

WeazyF

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
How come??
that's a good question. We came as students and then we couldn't get work permits, then we went back to school came out with permits and then PR applications were delayed for 2 yrs. Then just before applications I'm June, C24 cake into force. Now we would be eligible in August C6 doesn't even compensate. So now you know

Reactions: CAforCA

Joeeyes

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
that's a good question. We came as students and then we couldn't get work permits, then we went back to school came out with permits and then PR applications were delayed for 2 yrs. Then just before applications I'm June, C24 cake into force. Now we would be eligible in August C6 doesn't even compensate. So now you know
The story is very familiar and not everyone would comprehend it, like the guy asking "How come?" Lol. Now, chances are some of these same June people, who will put in application in June through August, is will be stuck, yet again, in the crowed when a lot of people will qualify in the fall, with C6 coming into effect. Welcome to our Canadian stories...

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Oh wow ! I am in the same boat. I was eligible for citizenship last year, i wanted to wait couple of weeks to get some extra days just in case ...
and just 1 week before i was ready to send my application the rules changes and i got stuck.

I applied this year thinking the process is faster and i should have it before august (I'm pregnant and due date is august). But looks like thats not going to happen. I will most likely end up getting stuck again and moving my test date!!! OH WELL !!.

lets see what happens !

ssherwani

Oct 12, 2012
Oh wow ! I am in the same boat. I was eligible for citizenship last year, i wanted to wait couple of weeks to get some extra days just in case ...
and just 1 week before i was ready to send my application the rules changes and i got stuck.

I applied this year thinking the process is faster and i should have it before august (I'm pregnant and due date is august). But looks like thats not going to happen. I will most likely end up getting stuck again and moving my test date!!! OH WELL !!.

lets see what happens !
Folks my case is exactly same. I could not apply and ended up wasting a lot of time due to Citizenship rule changes. After waiting these many years applied this year and my application is in process since February however the wait does not seem to end. Still no signs of test date or anything. Call CIC and they say we are working on it but that is it. Two of my buddies applied after me and they are almost done, scheduled to take oath in July. I feel in the back-foot again with these changes made to citizenship. God knows what kind of impact it is now going to have on our applications.

Reactions: Ghost13

parisien

Mar 24, 2012
Alberta
App. Filed.......
17-11-2011
Doc's Request.
23-03-2012 along with RPRF
AOR Received.
17-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-05-2012 .... SUBMITTED ON 14TH MAY
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Please speak for yourself. We have waited longer than a decade
Lol waited for decade ... dude I never said or pointed on any individual I just said that patience will help us as citizenship process time is 12 months .... please try to have some patience trust me you will be successful.

Reactions: kurt

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol waited for decade ... dude I never said or pointed on any individual I just said that patience will help us as citizenship process time is 12 months .... please try to have some patience trust me you will be successful.
Is the processing guaranteed in 12 months, or conditions apply ?

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro lots of conditions apply in our case. So many have already applied in the past! Honestly no more patience left!
I guess we don't have another option but to wait until the process is done if we need to be a Citizen, only thing is waiting tests our patience.

canadavisa22

Star Member
Aug 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

lets see what happens !
My wife is pregnant as well and due in September. It looks like the test will come around the due date based on the way others are moving. What happens if you need to reschedule a test date? We're not in a massive rush, but it would be nice to have the test taken care of before the birth...

I don't suppose they will put a rush on an application due to circumstances like that huh (LOL)?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
My wife is pregnant as well and due in September. It looks like the test will come around the due date based on the way others are moving. What happens if you need to reschedule a test date? We're not in a massive rush, but it would be nice to have the test taken care of before the birth...

I don't suppose they will put a rush on an application due to circumstances like that huh (LOL)?
Nope they don't accomodate at all for this. You can call them if u miss the test they will reschedule.
Otherwise take a chance and hope baby comes before or after test date

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016

Yeah I wish i knew. I was going to wait but the processing time was so fast before feb ! so i decided to apply ! and look what i did .. haha :cool:
I guess all we can do is wait and when we do get a test date we will have to decide at that time if we want to write it or reschedule.
Atleast our babies will be citizens before us .. hehe